Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Funniest Fortress Moments  (Read 14008 times)

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Fortress Moments
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2011, 08:37:39 pm »

a baby fought off a wild crundle on his own.
and i mean literaly punched it so it ran away.

thats one dorf child that im going to take care of and put in the millatery one day.

Nickname it CrundlePuncher so you don't forget. CrundlePuncher...I like the way that rolls off the tongue.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2011, 01:23:22 am »

a baby fought off a wild crundle on his own.
and i mean literaly punched it so it ran away.

thats one dorf child that im going to take care of and put in the millatery one day.

Nickname it CrundlePuncher so you don't forget. CrundlePuncher...I like the way that rolls off the tongue.

Crundle being used for golf?

Not dwarfy enough.

Slade !!Crundles!! being hit with *fruitcakium whips* out of magma and going into high orbit and landing four hundred years later, killing a dungeon master in the process?

I'd fund it.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2011, 01:35:11 am »

-snip-
-snip-
-snip-
I can imagine this in a news report:
Later day, an orbital crundle has crashed into the house of an unlucky citizen.  The crash caused a small crater, effectively exploding the house and killing the lone resident: one man said to have punched a crundle into the sky.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

baslisks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2011, 03:11:42 am »

The snatcher chose the wrong target this time "no way you are taking me, bitch!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wait... left lower arm?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2011, 05:22:09 am »

wait... left lower arm?
Ya you can grapple with arms for a while now.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

baslisks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2011, 10:08:45 am »

wait... left lower arm?
Ya you can grapple with arms for a while now.

I was commenting when do babies have 3 or possibly more arms?

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2011, 10:27:57 am »

\I was commenting when do babies have 3 or possibly more arms?

How often do you look at the wound screen, or rather, yourself? The right upper arm is the upper part of your right arm. The bit between shoulder and elbow. Similarly, left lower arm is simply the piece of arm between left wrist and left shoulder.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2011, 12:07:37 pm »

hmm I always thought the upper arm was the part between you wrist and elbow...
Back to Mafia with me!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2011, 04:16:11 pm »

i had another crundle and baby incident.

aparently minegroves residence let their babys into the caverns when crundles are their as a form of natural dwarfy selection. if the baby dosent fight back, not dwarfy enought, dosent live, if it does, it gets to live as the crundle runs off and is accepted as a part of the 145 population fort.

I have about 10 ish babys/children, my fort is very popular for familys aparently xP since 7 were born here. its only year 4 ish in.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2011, 04:49:30 pm »

Once, during a goblin siege, I had a dragon show up...[ December 03, 2007: Message edited by: JoRo ]

I had a cyclops show up right after a small goblin siege with them armed with hammers and morningstars. The hammers did nothing against my sudden one-eyed ally but the morningstars got stuck. Two of them to be exact. He pulled them out and before I knew it this guy was dual-wielding morningstars on little green goo-blins!

Epilogue: he got captured in a cage. Felt good untill I did a mass 'claim and dump' on all the cages I had and my new castle guard got de-armed  :(
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

LealNightrunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2011, 05:25:53 pm »

In the middle of an ambush I had two recruits who were late to the party rushing out of my fortress gate to join a battle.  Right after they pass the line of traps and start charging towards the goblins, one of them lays down in the grass and falls asleep.  Wasn't drowsy or anything, just figured he'd take a nap and let his partner do all the work.

The goblins brained him in passing, and he was still asleep.  At least he didn't fall asleep on a trap.
Current Fort: NatureRags

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2011, 05:26:43 pm »

hmm I always thought the upper arm was the part between you wrist and elbow...
That is the lower arm.  the upper arm is between shoulder and elbow (i believe.  it makes more sense in my head at least)
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2011, 08:25:46 pm »

Once, I had an insane mason. He threw a barrel across the dining hall, and killed our carpenter. I am sooo glad I just so happened to be looking at what was going on in the dining room that one second   :P

Another time, I had an axedwarf who died in a brook. It froze over in the winter, and I decided to mine to find his body. I did, and immediately, his former pet dog came and sat by his side.   :'( (so loyal) My metalsmith was on break, so I was unable to build a sarcaphagus in time for a dwarf to lug him out of the brook, and so it melted, drowning his dog with him.

There was this other time where a forgotten beast came, then immediately left... never to be seen again.

ONE FINAL STORY!
I accidentally released a minotaur from its cage in our food stockpile/farm room. The stupid dwarf had a baby, who somehow broke its leg, even though the mother was killed. Then, the mayor (who had grown fond of a crossbow and was carrying it) was pushed into the room. He beat the minotaur to death with it.
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Zigzom24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2011, 09:40:47 pm »

In one of my earliest fortresses I made a huge bridge, made up of 5 or so bridges combined over a huge pit. I connected each bridge to the same lever by mistake. So when my population got around 70 I got a goblin siege. I had neglected to make any form of military, and over compensated. I drafted every dwarf into the military except for one to pull the lever. I sent them to the bridge for a battle to the death, and pulled the lever. I thought the lever would only flip the bridge that the goblins were approaching. Instead, my entire population got thrown down a 10 level shaft. Insert face palm.

Gearskull1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2011, 09:59:49 pm »

I had goblins siege one of my fortresses, I had constructed a entrance, lined by pits that fell into magma and filled with traps. I had the gobbo seige stop at the start because of the leader stepped in a cage trap. Sent out 1 and 1/2 squads of steel clad trained up dwarves to deal with it. All but 2 managed to dodge directly into the trench, landing at its magmy bottom. I imagine the remaining recruit and Axe lord where not happy. Recruit got knocked out pretty quickly, but the Axe lord ripped through the rest of the seige, and the gobbos ran. The recruit then bled to death, leaving the Axe Lord standing in a bloodbath. The mass dwarf die off caused tanturming back at the fortress, and even more dwarves died. I think i should have built an alternate exit.  :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5