Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 95

Author Topic: FEF: Winds of Change IC Thread Chapter 2 The Whispers of a Storm  (Read 52283 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Winds of Change IC Thread Chapter 1 The Stirring Breeze
« Reply #930 on: March 14, 2016, 08:14:50 pm »

"Dey also say dat yer can' be a mage wi'out bein' able ter read."
"So 'ow can yer trust wha' dey say?"
"Derefore, 'm prob'ly right. 's basic log-ic."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 14, 2016, 08:17:52 pm »

"Tell you what, how about you stop bothering Taft. If he suddenly falls ill, I agree that you're right, and you continue as you were before. If he does not, we accept that you are not, in this particular case, correct. Sound fair?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 14, 2016, 08:23:00 pm »

Shilleka and Kaltsar's conversation was interrupted by a shouted expletive much louder than one would think Taft could be. It was followed by several cracks of splintering wood as the angry dwarf wreaked vengeance on the mop that had wronged him, then general thumping around as he proceeded to trash the place.

"Here. Take this."

Taft finally came back out of the building and handed the whistle to Alicia as he passed.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 14, 2016, 08:26:36 pm »

"See? 'e's already missin' me ten'er care. Ac'ually, t'inkin' of it, I shou'd prob'bly share der love."  she nodded confidently at Kaltsar. "T'anks. Dis were a good talk."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 14, 2016, 08:28:12 pm »

"Dammit Shilleka no, I said illness, not general misfortune. He probably just had the lid of a chest fall on his hand or something."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 14, 2016, 08:36:00 pm »

: "That's...pretty amazing, actually."

Keyleth memorized what she could of the stone before returning it to Alicia. This was certainly something the Queen and Council needed to know about.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 15, 2016, 07:08:04 am »

"Bad luc' is a kin'a sickness!"

She emptied the pockets of a corpse, grinning at what she found.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Winds of Change IC Thread
« Reply #938 on: March 15, 2016, 10:33:59 am »

Edgar kept a deadpan expression.

: Sending a performance review, right? After all, what can you expect from a bunch of criminals.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 15, 2016, 05:01:23 pm »

"Hardly. They trust you to get the job done. No, I was updating them on the fact that not only were the mountains more heavily guarded than expected but that we needed to fight our way out of the situation which could potentially cause an international incident. The heavily guarded mountains indicates one of two things. One, they were expecting attacks which could be an indication of expecting retaliation from bandits, or it could mean that they themselves have been experiencing the same attacks we have been and thus are not at fault as suspected."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Winds of Change IC Thread
« Reply #940 on: March 15, 2016, 05:08:17 pm »

: I guess having the criminals' lives in their hands would make them a bit more compliant.

: Did you tell them the guards are trying to recruit random passerbys under threat of keeping them hostages otherwise? There's also the matter of what to do with one of the latter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 15, 2016, 05:21:11 pm »

: "Forced recruitment, seriously? Is that normal for Oldyrnians?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 17, 2016, 05:26:37 pm »

"I did not, as I was unaware of it. It simply could be that they did not trust our new friend and so either wanted to recruit her or keep her here for sake of keeping an eye on her, but I do not know. It will be something that we will need to look out for as we move forward."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 25, 2016, 12:59:33 pm »

The mercenary, ear perking when he heard Alaria and the others approaching, grunted.
: "And speaking of 'moving forward', some chump managed to escape earlier. 'less we want even more of a bloodbath, we'd probably best get out of here. What's our next move?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 25, 2016, 01:07:52 pm »

"We keep on our way. This mountain path should drop us out right by the capital. From there... well, we'll figure that out when we get there."

FEF: Winds of Change Chapter 2 The Whispers of a Storm

The group had traveled through the mountains with relative ease, not encountering any of the bandits that had been rumored. Upon nearing the city, they split into a few separate groups, and managed to make it through with no major issues. Those with non-human traits disguised themselves as needed and everyone met back up at the predetermined inn. There, in a private dining room, Alaria glanced over some papers she had pulled out of her pouch before looking back up at the group.

"Right. So as you know, the council believes the king here to have gained control of the Fire Emblem. As it is an artifact that cannot be trusted in the hands of men, we've been tasked with getting it back. However... there are two ways we could go about this. The first is diplomacy. We approach the castle in the morning, I would be able to get us in through my connections to the council. We ask for the Emblem and hope that he turns it over. The alternative is the reason that we needed a group like yours in the first place. We sneak in tonight and steal it. This decision is up to you all in the end. I know my abilities, but...

She shrugged and waited to see what the others would say.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 95