Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95

Author Topic: FEF: Winds of Change IC Thread Chapter 2 The Whispers of a Storm  (Read 52226 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Winds of Change IC Thread Chapter 2 The Whispers of a Storm
« Reply #1380 on: October 13, 2016, 04:00:55 pm »

"I am Belenus, serving as an archer currently.

...is the exchanging of death threats between these two normal?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 13, 2016, 04:04:47 pm »

: The banter's practically their way of saying "Good morning" to each other. You'll be hearing it several times a day but it won't be true most times.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 13, 2016, 05:03:39 pm »

"Well, that's more civil than some groups I've worked with at least. I'm Bomrek. Normally I charge a lot more for my work, but I guess it's better than the alternative."
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 13, 2016, 07:44:41 pm »

She gave Edgar a little wave.

"And I'm Miki. Hi." A bit muted, despite her victory.

Somewhat distractedly, she wandered down range to see if she couldn't get the target and bales moved around and retrieve what arrows she could.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 13, 2016, 07:53:35 pm »

Kaldach sagged his shoulders and scratched his chin, as he watched others leave the throne room without much clamor. With a sigh, he looked at the emissary.
: "One last question." He angled his head towards Alaria, no doubt standing towards the edge of the room, having not said anything, "Is she still our commanding officer for this job?"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:55:22 pm by CrimsonEon »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 13, 2016, 08:01:57 pm »

"She is. Until the time when the Council has no need for the leader of your thief gang elsewhere, she will be leading this expedition. The hope is that you will not need to be separated from your commander for much longer, but until that happens, the Council would like you to rely on her to lead you."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 13, 2016, 08:15:16 pm »

Kaldach blinked, as if internally bothered by the emissary's words.
: "Hm. Figures." Taking a brief moment to look at the King, he stood aside and waved his arm dismissively.
: "That'll have to do for now. Let the council know they'll have their answers soon enough." Kaldach made his way away from the emissary, and for a brief moment on passing close to Alaria, spoke lowly, "We'll need to discuss the 'terms' later." He gave a cautious gesturing glance at the emissary as he spoke, before he walked out of the antechamber and towards the hallways preceding the practice yard.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 13, 2016, 08:18:48 pm »

Alaria raised an eyebrow and followed the man out of the chamber.

"And what, exactly did you mean by that?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 13, 2016, 08:22:04 pm »

Kaldach waited until they were far out of earshot of the throne room to continue. When they did, he cut straight to the chase.
: "So. The council talked. Still have any doubts rattling around? If I know my gut reactions right- and I do- something's still up."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 13, 2016, 08:25:41 pm »

She sighed and nodded.

"Of course I do. Nothing that's been done makes sense. If they were going to pay you at some point, why not just do it from the start? If I had to guess, it has something to do with your leader. He's convinced them somehow... But even with that, things don't play quite right. We'll need to keep an eye on it. On an unrelated topic... How do you think the others in the group would react to me appointing a second-in-command? I know they don't like me and so if I had one of you as a second, someone that I was clearly listening to and working with... would that help do you think? Regardless of what the Council is up to, we have to be able to work together after all."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 13, 2016, 08:40:28 pm »

: "Try to remember that the group you originally 'led' was a bunch of outlaws who worked together out of convenience." Kaldach replied bluntly, "Goat-skull doesn't care for anyone, the riders and scrapmetal man march to their own tune and short-stuff would slit throats before he let anyone slow him down. The other people who joined us might respond to a second, but if you're fishing for respect out of us by proxy, you're not getting it that way. Frankly, I'd say your best bet is to hope the council decides to pull a fast one on us while you stay honest and competent."
The mercenary left a moment's pause.
: "...No pressure."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 13, 2016, 08:43:36 pm »

"Fair enough. Was there anything else you needed?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 13, 2016, 08:55:02 pm »

: "Just needed your take on all this. Gold might trump getting to the bottom of this for today, but I've got no reason to ignore your say just yet. Not when the tables can still turn... yet again."
Kaldach glanced away, down the hallway towards the practice yard.
: "Also, if you ask me? Don't go overexerting yourself. No normal person would be asking questions like you are in the presence of brutes and thieves."
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95