Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 252750 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #2370 on: October 29, 2015, 02:10:42 pm »

I'm already planning stuff I want to do.

Sorry in advance, Stirk.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: October 29, 2015, 02:52:18 pm »

I'm planning stuff too.
Though I'm probably going to materialize as a skeleton wolf, since that's quite some time with no food. It's not even skin and bones, it's just bones.
It's mostly for the lulz though, and the mental image of transforming from wolf to human while skeleton is funny to me.

Also, how's the scope going to be initially?
Are we gonna start full god-vision, or start in a random spot, and then gather ourselves for a bit, then go into full god vision?
I'd kinda prefer the latter, as we are pretty much entering a world that's quite alien.
Maybe keep the orientation for a tick or two (or more).

Edit: Damn, soda and tiredness doesn't mix.
What I meant is like...

We wake up, and only worry about immediate surroundings at first.
Maybe some mortals attack us, so we can teach them a lesson, and then we'll have to try and get together a group of followers, starting at cult, then working up.
And we can't just do cosmic events from the get go, we have to collect ourselves/regain focus (you're not ready for a marathon just after waking up) first.

Oh, and just coming back wont be enough to gain all the followers, we'll have to first convince them we're the god they're looking for.
Which means we start with a cult, and ascending to religion would lend credibility to other cults.
No action is without consequence.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:28:27 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: October 29, 2015, 04:07:29 pm »

Hmm I never really created a genuine "nation" actually. I mean unless the monsters I made formed one or some adventurers formed one. I feel like the cult route is more likely though.

Well I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing what happens with that anyway.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: October 29, 2015, 04:29:12 pm »

I think a good enough mood ought to convince followers I'm back...Hm.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: October 29, 2015, 04:44:35 pm »

It'd be kinda pointless to have atheism rise, if it's eradicated within the first few ticks.
Besides, a smaller scope could make it simpler to get the game going at first.

The nothing cult kinda had that problem. We're walking nuclear arsenals, and there seems to be an assumption we have surgical precision with it.
Sure, mortals don't stand a chance against gods, but we shouldn't be able to eradicate all X-worshippers in a single attack.
Actually, we shouldn't even be able to target specific targets.
It's kinda hard to hit the leaders if we're watching the entire battlefield.
Either focus on them, which makes you unable to detect what happens to your dudes, or you have to just fire in their general direction.

There is an exception though, and that is targets that don't even try to hide.
If someone travels with a decorated honor guard and has an enchanted crown on their head, then you can snipe them.
No, it doesn't have to be that extreme, but you should be able to kill high profile targets, not high priority targets.
A hidden general is hidden for a reason. It'd just be stupid if we can just kill all the hidden people because gods.

Actually, I'm not even sure what I'm talking about anymore.
Either I'm talking Litany, Ye Gods, or some other god-game or RP, I'm confused.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #2375 on: October 29, 2015, 05:15:16 pm »

By Armok, I've already written too much for this. I'm not going to give much away, but it's mostly biological in nature.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: October 29, 2015, 05:29:20 pm »

I'm planning stuff too.
Though I'm probably going to materialize as a skeleton wolf, since that's quite some time with no food. It's not even skin and bones, it's just bones.
It's mostly for the lulz though, and the mental image of transforming from wolf to human while skeleton is funny to me.

Also, how's the scope going to be initially?
Are we gonna start full god-vision, or start in a random spot, and then gather ourselves for a bit, then go into full god vision?
I'd kinda prefer the latter, as we are pretty much entering a world that's quite alien.
Maybe keep the orientation for a tick or two (or more).

Edit: Damn, soda and tiredness doesn't mix.
What I meant is like...

We wake up, and only worry about immediate surroundings at first.
Maybe some mortals attack us, so we can teach them a lesson, and then we'll have to try and get together a group of followers, starting at cult, then working up.
And we can't just do cosmic events from the get go, we have to collect ourselves/regain focus (you're not ready for a marathon just after waking up) first.

Oh, and just coming back wont be enough to gain all the followers, we'll have to first convince them we're the god they're looking for.
Which means we start with a cult, and ascending to religion would lend credibility to other cults.
No action is without consequence.

Essentially, it will be like you restarted. Everyone will be restored to full power, new Gods will be created, and you will be able to continue on like nothing had happened (aside from rule-changes). There is no major gameplay change, it is typically easy to prove you exist and get new followers/followers back, and true Atheism only arises in small amounts. Generally, your presence was obviose for long enough that it would be hard to forget, especially when people still-living could remember a time you existed, rocks state everything that ever happened by the Gods, the Asteroids spell out a certain God's name, prayer effects certain magics, and an infallible library/stone can tell you that the Gods do, in fact, exist. Atheism is a very small minority, and is generally among races who's god encouraged that mindset.

Hmm I never really created a genuine "nation" actually. I mean unless the monsters I made formed one or some adventurers formed one. I feel like the cult route is more likely though.

Well I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing what happens with that anyway.

No nations follow the poor guy  :-\. The Dungeon is still a popular sporting and business activity, along with Adventurers adventuring for the sake of Orbs and Advancement. There are a few camps, and a few "Towns", in the Dungeons, though nothing noticeable to a large modern nation.

It'd be kinda pointless to have atheism rise, if it's eradicated within the first few ticks.
Besides, a smaller scope could make it simpler to get the game going at first.

The nothing cult kinda had that problem. We're walking nuclear arsenals, and there seems to be an assumption we have surgical precision with it.
Sure, mortals don't stand a chance against gods, but we shouldn't be able to eradicate all X-worshippers in a single attack.
Actually, we shouldn't even be able to target specific targets.
It's kinda hard to hit the leaders if we're watching the entire battlefield.
Either focus on them, which makes you unable to detect what happens to your dudes, or you have to just fire in their general direction.

There is an exception though, and that is targets that don't even try to hide.
If someone travels with a decorated honor guard and has an enchanted crown on their head, then you can snipe them.
No, it doesn't have to be that extreme, but you should be able to kill high profile targets, not high priority targets.
A hidden general is hidden for a reason. It'd just be stupid if we can just kill all the hidden people because gods.

Actually, I'm not even sure what I'm talking about anymore.
Either I'm talking Litany, Ye Gods, or some other god-game or RP, I'm confused.

Having it "Small scope" would only make it more difficult for me, and generally semi-pointlessly change the type of game it is. It does sound like an interesting idea for a game, but it just isn't one I plan on running. I don't know what you are trying to say with the rest. You are Gods who are capable of seeing major events easily. Watching the entire battlefield is a simple task, and picking up who is the leader and smiting them is something a mortal with a rifle could do. I don't think anybody has even attempted the Genocide of anyone's worshipers yet.

By Armok, I've already written too much for this. I'm not going to give much away, but it's mostly biological in nature.

There are currently no plans to -actually- run the game at this point. Please do not get too excited for now.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: October 29, 2015, 06:58:12 pm »

I wonder how Lauxal`s creations would do in this modern world, probably not very well I'm imagining..

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #2378 on: October 30, 2015, 12:45:31 am »

I should be working on other things but this has been stuck in my head for a while now. Also my headcanon dictates that all dwarves are part of a clan but only Rilem and Space have proven to be powerful enough to be independent.

Codex: Nefel Nanoi/Clan Rilem

Spoiler: Dwarven Relations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Political Structure (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  The Mavnonites (click to show/hide)

(More later.)

Found the Rilemi Codex :D

Also, info request if possible: what happened to the Adventurer's Guild and Orcs?

*Checks notes* The CRD and Dwarves are incapable of interbreeding, the differences are still there and still prominent (and are probably biologically hardwired), despite the attempts of "Civil Rights" activists

D:

EDIT: And being reincarnated doesn't mean they can't be revered elders; just look at the Dalai Lama. Heck, if I recall correctly, my immortal Illyria has her own little country on the Rilemi border.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:55:26 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: October 30, 2015, 04:29:23 am »

I think it was one time, I'm not sure where, where something like this happened.

GM: A group of people cause complications.
Player: I kill them.

Even though it's like finding needles in a haystack.

But it was so long ago, I don't even remember in which RP it happened (I may even have forgot some details).
But I'm pretty sure there was a time a god entered a fight, and as the first action, dropped rocks on the important dudes (not high profile targets, it's more like targeting those with a certain mindset).

But I'm just whining. Disregard what I said.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: October 30, 2015, 08:13:24 am »

the Asteroids spell out a certain God's name
Haha, the asteroid stars. One of my better ideas. I think I had plans to rework them into a ortillery system with portal magic at some point.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: October 30, 2015, 08:15:03 pm »

I'm curious as to how the Saplings, Great Trees, and fledgling Great Reefs/Polyps will have fared....I did make them somewhat dependent on their god, after all..

Ah well.

If the garden has withered in the absence of it's gardener, he may always plant anew...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: November 01, 2015, 11:25:36 am »

I wonder how large the Aag nation's technological advantage will be. On one hand it would make sense from a game balance perspective to limit it somewhat, but on the other hand my character and the nation have been built from the start in a way that would give them a massive advantage in this situation. Otherwise I'm mostly curious on how the relationship with the great tribe will be, on one hand it was more of a conflict between patronius and Lithus than a conflict between nations (although it went extremely close to become an open war at the end, and I don't remember if my peacemaking efforts were made on the last tick, which would retcon it), but on the other hand Frederick is still there and very loyal to his god's ideals. I wouldn't expect too much trouble with the CRD honestly, mostly because both nations didn't seem to have much contact outside of the failed cultural exchange, again most of the conflicts there were between gods and not nations.

So anyways, if the game does continue I think I'll change how my character plays. I'll probably make him less idealistic, as in he won't expect other gods to be good anymore, and stop being so bossy around them. I'm not sure whenever or not I'll continue with the isolationist tendencies I started near the end though.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: November 01, 2015, 11:27:53 am »

Not quite, FArg. After all, technology spreads through osmosis, and your character wasn't exactly opposed to the spread of knowledge or progress. So while they might be leaders, the advantage won't be necessarily very large.

Nor is technology the only factor to consider.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: November 01, 2015, 12:25:25 pm »

EDIT: And being reincarnated doesn't mean they can't be revered elders; just look at the Dalai Lama. Heck, if I recall correctly, my immortal Illyria has her own little country on the Rilemi border.

Of course, the Dalai Lama relies on religion to work. If the CRD's faith took a big hit, then they wouldn't believe they where elders at all.

I'm curious as to how the Saplings, Great Trees, and fledgling Great Reefs/Polyps will have fared....I did make them somewhat dependent on their god, after all..

Ah well.

If the garden has withered in the absence of it's gardener, he may always plant anew...

Stirk is too tired to right right now, but relying on the Great Trees/Whatever else greatly reduced their numbers (As they needed them to reproduce) and kept them held to a relatively small area.

I wonder how large the Aag nation's technological advantage will be. On one hand it would make sense from a game balance perspective to limit it somewhat, but on the other hand my character and the nation have been built from the start in a way that would give them a massive advantage in this situation. Otherwise I'm mostly curious on how the relationship with the great tribe will be, on one hand it was more of a conflict between patronius and Lithus than a conflict between nations (although it went extremely close to become an open war at the end, and I don't remember if my peacemaking efforts were made on the last tick, which would retcon it), but on the other hand Frederick is still there and very loyal to his god's ideals. I wouldn't expect too much trouble with the CRD honestly, mostly because both nations didn't seem to have much contact outside of the failed cultural exchange, again most of the conflicts there were between gods and not nations.

So anyways, if the game does continue I think I'll change how my character plays. I'll probably make him less idealistic, as in he won't expect other gods to be good anymore, and stop being so bossy around them. I'm not sure whenever or not I'll continue with the isolationist tendencies I started near the end though.

Not very big, in the end. Despite their God's attempts at making the progress-focused commie society, several social problems stopped it from reaching its full potential. Most of which started while Lithus/Luthus was still awake, for example the Crime in Aag nations is High. The Crime Lord turned out to be a immortal Auoror, one of the first Blessed Ones or whatever they where. This widened the Gap between Aurors and the Aag, bringing a sizable criminal base for centuries to come. Allegedly, the Great Tribe sponsors these criminals, with everything from funds to weapons, due to the major crime syndicates all being ran by Aurors in secret. Additionally, Mavnon worship is still outlawed, leading to Mavnon worshipers living in the nation by chance to be criminals by default, often slipping into greater crimes over time.

The most important reason they don't have a big advantage is the competition, who aren't at a big enough disadvantage to fall behind. All the major nations had factors that kept their technology on par with, above, or near the Aag, despite the Aag's general intelligence and focus on progress. Fredrich always had the Aurors helping his nation, who have a decent amount with focuses in Intelligence, Science, and Engineering. The Great Tribe's upward expansion had put them into contact with the Wriths, the mostly-forgotten Intelligent race who had centuries of their own technology created by that point and was eager to share/ally with the First Race who made contact with them in return for some planet-bound information to sate their curiosity, and continue to assist the Great Tribe to this day. The CRD continue to be allied with the Dwarves and the Great Tribe under the High Church. They have two skill-boosted immortals with artifacts granting them inventing abilities, unfettered access to the ritual stone, and a very good head start due to the Dwaf nations having a Higher technological base then the Aag at the end game (Due to several secret actions). Naturally, with three/four races making advancements, a good amount of technology finds its way into other Race's hands, limiting the Aag's advantage over them as well.

As for relationship between the Aag, Great Tribe, and CRD, it is varied much like it was in the game. They had several major wars between each other over the years, several decades of uneasy freedom, and several of guarded trade and peaceful contact. The ban on Mavnon worship still stands, putting great tension with the groups. You made it a conflict between nations by putting laws against the other God's down. In the end, Lithus/Luthus was pretty much the real leader of the nation, loosing him hurt the nation badly.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 166