Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 252642 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #2145 on: August 12, 2015, 12:22:38 am »

Probably some other spheres I'm not thinking of, because the actual construction will merit things like binding, any AI complex enough to actually ADMINISTER this would need a soul...Yeah, lots and lots of spheres.
Couldn't you just bind yourself to it?
I wonder if that would work, a planet that's powered and controlled by a god at its core.
Too stifling for me.  Also, Dgetga isn't infallible, and while ANY AI is probably going to run into problems on this size of a working, they'd be much less fallible.

And in case you can't tell, I'm trying to get collaboration going here.  This is not something I'm going to do alone.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: August 12, 2015, 05:27:38 am »

collaboration
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: August 12, 2015, 07:41:07 am »

Probably some other spheres I'm not thinking of, because the actual construction will merit things like binding, any AI complex enough to actually ADMINISTER this would need a soul...Yeah, lots and lots of spheres.
Couldn't you just bind yourself to it?
I wonder if that would work, a planet that's powered and controlled by a god at its core.
Too stifling for me.  Also, Dgetga isn't infallible, and while ANY AI is probably going to run into problems on this size of a working, they'd be much less fallible.

And in case you can't tell, I'm trying to get collaboration going here.  This is not something I'm going to do alone.
Well, if you want Skolld's help on the binding, that's not going to happen, Skolld will probably just try and make things on his own, maybe his very own planet.
Because Skolld is Skolld, and Skolld is a stubborn god.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/???) (OOC)
« Reply #2148 on: August 12, 2015, 08:06:27 am »

"I agree with pooling mana together for the planet, and yes, if we do not want what happened to a certain stable (in Fallout Equestria, there is a certain stable (Vaults from Fallout) in which the water talisman got chipped by a filly with a BB gun, the AI in charge of running the place started killing ponies to "Preserve pony life" and that's why you never take your kid down to the reactor level to shoot a BB gun.) to happen to this place, we should probably give the AI a soul."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: August 12, 2015, 09:03:47 am »

Don't suppose you guys want to start getting Essence together?
I mean, this makes, like, all the spheres but utter destruction of everything happy.  Creation, change, growth, magic, science, any gods predicated upon their species...Uh.  Well, most spheres focused on making stuff.
I would, but I have on the order of about jack shit for essence, no actual pressing _need_ for such a planet, and lots of other things I want and/or feel I need to do with my essence first. If you're willing to wait, oh, five to ten ticks for it to be complete, then i could help make the seed and it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to make overall, but other than that, I'm not really willing to contribute that much when I have my own projects to work on.

Speaking of which, is Izgamlo still playing? I hope?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: August 12, 2015, 09:08:45 am »

"Oh, hey, Vashna. Welcome to this OOC place. I don't really understand all that's going on here, but we should try to keep quiet. These beings don't appreciate excessive noise. Feel free to stay and watch, I understand, but try not to disturb them too much. Talking to them directly is right out."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: August 12, 2015, 09:16:57 am »

"I agree, they seem to be rather odd creatures, but they do have good culture. I wonder what OOC means though?"
Hey, HLG here, sorry about my saying IC things in the OOC thread, accidentally posted it here instead of in the actual thread.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: August 12, 2015, 09:17:50 am »

"Some knowledge is not meant for our minds, our ears, our lives."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: August 12, 2015, 09:45:58 am »

"What could you possibly mean by that.  And OH US THE UNIVERSE IS A FORUM GAME haha no that was already kind of obvious."
((Roight, I'm done with fourth-wall-breaking for now.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: August 12, 2015, 10:59:04 am »

"I would help with your AI planet as well, though only if my Space Weavers were allowed on it, and if I may make some attunements to the AI."

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: August 12, 2015, 11:05:38 am »

I was thinking about selecting a mortal to be the AI. We could just download his/her brain!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: August 12, 2015, 11:07:27 am »

I was thinking about selecting a mortal to be the AI. We could just download his/her brain!
But what if the brain decays? Then we'd have a Calculator (Vault 0) on our hands, who decides to exterminate mankind.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: August 12, 2015, 11:14:27 am »

"We are not just hooking up the actual brain to the machine, we are literally downloading the conscious of a mortal, and we are gods after all, it would be easy to just, ya' know, replace the mind every time it goes insane, or just give it lots of entertainment."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: August 12, 2015, 11:31:00 am »

Gods, please stop disrupting our OOC and go back to your own side of the fourth wall. Or do I have to go get the broom and force you to?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: August 12, 2015, 11:39:35 am »

"You broom is no match for my stick with lead in one end!"
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 166