Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 253778 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1965 on: July 17, 2015, 05:12:53 pm »

Go ahead.

I think a drawing of all the gods in a group would be interesting as well if someone ends up doing that.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: July 17, 2015, 05:42:37 pm »

Whaaaaat? Did you really read my posts? He's mad because no one cared to do anything about mavnon and co, and did what he just did because she pretty much completely ignored everything he just said.
There's a reason or that. You said, and I quote, "The next person who bothers me loses a thousand worshippers." I'll see if I can find the actual quote.

EDIT:
Now everyone leave me alone. Next one to bother me loose a thousand worshipers.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: July 17, 2015, 05:48:26 pm »

Whaaaaat? Did you really read my posts? He's mad because no one cared to do anything about mavnon and co, and did what he just did because she pretty much completely ignored everything he just said.
There's a reason or that. You said, and I quote, "The next person who bothers me loses a thousand worshippers." I'll see if I can find the actual quote.

Yes, but I said that after it was apparent that no one would do anything, and because of that specific reason.

Go ahead.

I think a drawing of all the gods in a group would be interesting as well if someone ends up doing that.

I'm already drawing a few people's god right now, maybe I could give it a try after. Some of them might be hard to draw though.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: July 17, 2015, 05:50:09 pm »

Ooh~ Which ones?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: July 17, 2015, 05:50:28 pm »

Forgive me if I'm wrong but the major inhabitants of each Fragment is as follows:

F1: Sapling homelands, main human lands (independents), Rilem, Main dwarven lands, New Kingdom conquests
F2: New Kingdom homelands, Dwarf/human lands
F3: Aag Nation, New Kingdom, Great Tribe homelands

'Minor' races can probably be sprinkled around each fragment and may or may not be canon.

And just to show an example of what the map will look like. That took ~5 mins btw and is of a small island somewhere in Fragment 3. An orcish migration has recently seen the once-human landmass in conflict with the invaders.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:53:33 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: July 17, 2015, 05:54:18 pm »

Nomads are fairly populous but they don't stay in one place.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: July 17, 2015, 06:08:36 pm »

Yo micelus, you're forgetting the Chitin Moon, home of the Ants.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: July 17, 2015, 06:13:47 pm »

I always imagined the Aag nation would be near the end of a fragment, since I specified at it's creation that it would be next to a portion of exposed mantle, and I'd expect that to be more probable to exist near the edge, where the planet was ripped apart. (and to be more specific, the "south" one, even thought that's not the proper term. What I'm saying is that I would imagine it somewhere in the "bottom" of the map)

Edit:
Ooh~ Which ones?

Currently drawing Illiseth for andres (and this one might take a while because I can't seem to get the face and hair right), and then I have Uztot in war mode to do for Vgray, I also have a few other drawings to do and then I plan to redraw mine because I decided to change their style (Luthus, for example would look like the granite golem he turned into earlier)

After that I'll see if I can get a group drawing done.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:22:48 pm by FArgHalfnr »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: July 17, 2015, 06:17:51 pm »

Also, there are at least some Saplings near the Aag, since I have at least two Great Trees in/near that desert.

And FArg, no, I was saying that Teburshe thinks Luthus is throwing a fit/tantrum because Mavnon didn't get punished. So I think we're in sync.

Also, I was gonna say something last night or so but I was tired and was gonna do it today until you posted that warning, actually. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: July 17, 2015, 06:32:31 pm »

Here's a draft for Fragment 1. Tell me if there's anything horrible wrong with it (those blocks at the bottom are a known error)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: July 17, 2015, 06:43:17 pm »

Here's a draft for Fragment 1. Tell me if there's anything horrible wrong with it (those blocks at the bottom are a known error)

Damn that looks beautiful.

EDDIT: Kinda makes the world look increadibly small though.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:56:26 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: July 17, 2015, 07:16:13 pm »

Great work, even though I'd make the map more rectangular since the worlds are torus fragments, which would make each of them some sort of long bent cylinder.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: July 17, 2015, 07:18:49 pm »

If I remember correctly, more people ended up voting for a mobius toroid as it made more physical sense.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: July 17, 2015, 07:22:53 pm »

Toroids. Right...which means I could potentially make 4 maps to represent each side...wait if the fragments are rectangular, are the edges between 'sides' of the fragments extremely steep? Or can we just say that erosion had whittled them down? Or am I misinterpreting the shape completely?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:24:36 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: July 17, 2015, 07:27:39 pm »

They're cylinders, micelus. :P

He meant the map representation would look look rectangular.

I do like the name you came up with for the Saplings, if that's what the Great Woods are.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 166