Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 253863 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1905 on: July 15, 2015, 10:00:08 pm »

I thought the references to legality were reffering to  Patronius' claims that Federick is king of the Great Tribe, and he doesn't order them around?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: July 15, 2015, 10:08:29 pm »

I thought the references to legality were reffering to  Patronius' claims that Federick is king of the Great Tribe, and he doesn't order them around?
That's actual law. She referred to both at different times for different things.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: July 15, 2015, 10:12:31 pm »

Ah. (Also I read that as 'imperial law' at first and got really confused until I read it about three more times)

I mean, there was probably some pretext or another for the war, in mortal terms. Sure, everyone would know it was an attack for the sake of Conflict and imperialism.

Also, Andres, hundreds or thousands is not genocide. >.> Hundreds of thousands, maybe. Not hundreds or thousands. And your religion wasn't fully banned. Only mostly banned. :P

Although I really don't get why you people are starting wars and shit over banning your worship in your area. Or the loss of a few souls ((coughcoughrmmharmmm)), or whatever. Tiny fractions of power loss, considering how many people were probably worshipping you in an enemy god's territory anyway. You have to let some things slide. Hell, Teburshe is doing pretty damn well and he's barely been messing with his people. Well, other than just stuff like weather and he made them self-sufficient for that. And helping make sure they can expand, since they need his help for that. But stuff like behaviour and culture, they're mostly doing fine on their own.

Granted, part of this is because I know a little bit about Stirk (it's probably all wrong though, and given Mavnon/Liuthus's success, it seems a decent bet) and expected a 'hands-off' approach to be more favorable to him, but it's also just the way Teburshe is. He's kinda aloof for a god, or at least I try to play him that way.

Also, you're sorta right, but think of it like feudal Europe. Sure, fighting and killing the armies and taking the land and maybe some burning and pillaging and raping (sorry but it happened, don't like it but it's true) is fine according to the general law of the land and other rulers if some dick attacks you. But if you just start trying to assassinate the monarch, everyone's gonna be pissed. It also depends entirely on what you consider a 'good reason'.

Oh, and about Sapling cities; in case it wasn't clear to anyone for some reason, Sapling cities are the Great Trees. They probably have towns, even some pretty damn big ones maybe, outside of the Great Trees, and it's possible they have some cities other than them...I just find it unlikely. There's probably some living outside of Sapling territory, though.

Speaking of which! Who would objec to/who would be alright with me establishing Sapling enclaves in other countries with Great Trees? There would be some jurisdictional stuff, but I get the feeling having a group of exceedingly good farmers with magic plants (and I've only just begin with those) is helpful to most countries. They would obviously remain neutral in any wars the country joined.... oh and the tree would probably be dedicated to the god of the country/area they're in and as such have more powers in that regard, have a good portion of the Saplings worshipping that god as well or at least paying homage to them, and serve as a representative in the Arboreal Council.

I should probably give them limited communication with each other for that Arboreal Council at some point...oh Izgamlooooo~
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: July 15, 2015, 10:23:06 pm »

Teburshe and Uztot are offical peacekeepers among the gods I think. They don't exactly agree on everything, but I think their intentions are similar.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: July 15, 2015, 10:30:20 pm »

Also, Andres, hundreds or thousands is not genocide. >.> Hundreds of thousands, maybe. Not hundreds or thousands. And your religion wasn't fully banned. Only mostly banned. :P
They were just examples. He didn't genocide anyone, as far as I know, but he has killed plenty of Humans.

Also, you're sorta right, but think of it like feudal Europe. Sure, fighting and killing the armies and taking the land and maybe some burning and pillaging and raping (sorry but it happened, don't like it but it's true) is fine according to the general law of the land and other rulers if some dick attacks you. But if you just start trying to assassinate the monarch, everyone's gonna be pissed. It also depends entirely on what you consider a 'good reason'.
I would say this is unlikely for multiple reasons. First of all, Stirk said that we were closer to ancient times tech. The current states are also nothing like they were in medieval times. Feudalism requires vassals which just aren't present in this world. The Aag are communist, the tribes are tribal, the Great Tribe seems less like feudal Europe and more like imperial Rome, the CRD are run by a council, etc. Also, states are very clearly defined in a similar way that modern-day nations are. It's not just property like it was in feudal Europe. War is most certainly not the general law of the land since the gods of each nation would be pretty upset if the other god started doing that. As for raping, rape does not exist in Litany of the Void and Ye Gods, assuming that's what you meant. There is no reason for it to exist and so it does not.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:38:20 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: July 15, 2015, 10:32:25 pm »

We don't know that though do we? Regardless, its not something we should discuss. And as far as I know, there are no war laws in place. Armies are basically free to do as they like, as limited by their customs.

War however does seem to happen. Mavnon answered a prayer to a human tribal leader who was fighting another tribe.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:34:42 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: July 15, 2015, 10:35:39 pm »

I feel like I'm hitting on a point of Uztot's character I didn't know existed.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: July 15, 2015, 10:43:00 pm »

Hmm?

I wasn't saying this is Feudal Europe. Just that the gods are gonna act more like feudal kings than duelist people, with the Gods as the equivalent of monarchs.

Like seriously dude it's an analogy. Jesus.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: July 15, 2015, 10:47:10 pm »

Sorry, I misread. Thought you were talking about the actual world as it is now. No need to be mean.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: July 15, 2015, 10:49:05 pm »

You just seem to do this a lot.

And then make a paragraph about how each thing is wrong.

It gets...bothersome. >.>

Wasn't trying to be mean. I thought you were maybe doing it on purpose to avoid what I was trying to say. I know people who do that.

It gets really annoying. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: July 15, 2015, 11:15:26 pm »

For a while I've been 1 or 2 hours less sleep than I should. It messes me up even if I feel awake, such as spelling Europe as "Eurospse" and accidentally skipping over words or context. If something like what just happened happens, don't be afraid to call me out on it, just don't jump at my throat over it. Better yet, just assume people do things over incompetence rather than malice. You'll be right more often than not.

As for the paragraph thing, I just like responding to every point of my "opponents" to get my opinions across.

I've come across the same kind of people, but only rarely. Bay12 is actually a pretty good place.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: July 15, 2015, 11:23:56 pm »

I mean in real life. <.<

But anyway yeah the implied law is quite different between gods, that much is obvious. Teburshe really doesn't care if you go about killing a few mortals here and there as long as it doesn't muss up his trees. Iliseth would, from what I know, have a god executed for killing ten innocents, if she could.

Which makes one wonder...who is really the bloodthirsty one? (:P obviously the God of Blood)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: July 15, 2015, 11:25:28 pm »

Here are the "correct" answers to the guessing game:

Cim. Mavnon isn't manipulating others to make particular choices, only makes their freely chosen choices meaningless. That's not a puppet show.

Fusil. The lack of co-operation with Li/uthus is not due to personality.

Yaos. Fixation on anime and WH40K references. Teburshe is much more pragmatic.

Nilva. KI'Tork was not in fact ignored, but made fun of and underestimated.

Melyssa. As said, Skolld isn't actually masochistic.

'Sevron. Serac's Oracle did see occasional use, especially relating to Void matters, while 'Sevron's history slab has been ignored.

Utther. While Fusil's silencing was harsh, I wouldn't deem it cruel. It didn't actually take him out of the game, for one.

Artisanii. So far, Verruckt only has the Dungeon, not "various" attractions.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: July 15, 2015, 11:43:32 pm »

Utther. While Fusil's silencing was harsh, I wouldn't deem it cruel. It didn't actually take him out of the game, for one.
Didn't we burn Fusil to death inside the sun?

Round 2! Round 2!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: July 16, 2015, 12:12:33 am »

I'm still confused, what has Utther done to deserve being killed this time? Seems like everyone thinks he's been working with Mavnon, but no one seems to have any crimes to try him with.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 166