Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 245073 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (20/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #930 on: June 06, 2015, 06:31:08 pm »

Didn't KJP have a rule about canceling actions in the original Ye Gods?
He said try not to cancel PM-ed actions.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 06, 2015, 06:35:03 pm »

Ah. My sentiment stands.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 06, 2015, 06:55:46 pm »

Ah. My sentiment stands.
Not quite. Cancelling actions done in the thread is ok because you can retroactively change it and he wouldn't need to do any extra work. Cancelling PM-ed actions means sending another PM to cancel the action and that adds more complexity to the problem.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 06, 2015, 07:12:05 pm »

Eh. You're missing the point, but I'll just wait to see what Stirk says, and get back to creating useful spirits. The Saplings must feel left out, and need some sort of tree spirit to watch over their 'Graves'.

Edit: The Elven language as spoken by DF Elves has failed me.

Unless anyone thinks Iniraano or Iniraino is a good name for the Hearth Keepers.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:43:37 pm by Vgray »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 06, 2015, 07:50:04 pm »

Alright, time to get cought up. 5:00, and I have til' 1 to do nothing but this and watch anime. Yay Saturdays!

Sorry bout this. I have been buying a most of the stuff I've pricechecked so far though? (I think so at least) But you missed one, and I think this is the one I might actually be able to afford this tick.

$$$ANSWERS FIRST OF MANY
Chitin observatories: 3-4E
That would technically be possible, but I would personally prefer if it was the souls of the dead that got summoned into temporary (or permanent) corporal bodies depending on the deal they made.

Deals would be a sacrificial format. Ghosts probably could use life energy or bodies for example.

Technically the summoning deal system could be made with gods also. Summoning an aspect. In Nilva's case, someone could make a deal to summon a cottage sized giant wolf for x amount of time in exchange for y amount of dead goatwolves sacrificed for them. Where y is double to the cost of making and maintaining the giant wolf for the agreed upon summoning period of x.

((Thanks Demon)

Magic system like that (assuming I understand): 6-8E

Hey, while you're there stirk, is the scientific/artistic progress currently going on in the universe enough to start giving me sphere essence?

It will be next tick, but your Influence hasn't gotten you any Essence yet. Generally your sphere casts a wider net, so a significant amount of progress has to be going on for you to get essence.

$$$ANSWERS NEXT
4-5 giants: 7-8E

Nilva making nobody: 10E
Iliseth making nobody: 8E

Shaping Growth magic: Variant, depends on power source, Strength, etc. Probably 3-4E assuming it is powered by essence and takes a medium-sized group to significantly effect Growth.
Coal-trees: 1-2E
Steel trees: 2-3E, 3-4E if it can be used easily.
Crystals: 3-4E
Shadow Crystals: 3-4E
Umbra (what similar creature are in my mod  :P): ~5E for 10K, assuming human-esque abilities and normal ability to interact with the world.
3-D Umbra: 5E for 10K, assuming human like abilities.
Animal-great-treese: 4-5E. Welps not included in deal.

Deathbed phenomena-Why would you want that? (Seriously, though, that is breaking both the Expy rule and the no Ye Gods copying rule)
Unspawning all wildlife: (? ? ?) (Since you are not even planning on doing it, why not just ask the question "Which is cheaper, making or uncreatubg things?" It would be easier for both of us if you just asked what you want to know.)

P sure a deity would counter the attempt to despawn.

Counter: Everyone seems to assume you can do that. I wonder if counters really work  :-X.

$$$ANSWERS CONT
Pocket afterlife: Already done. 4-5E.
Congrats on getting more players than Ye Gods, Stirk!

Honesty I was expected 5-7 players...

Am I getting any better at fighting from my constant sparring? Will I get an alert/notification/other when I've advanced a "level"? Would lifting heavy rocks help?

You don't appear to be. No. No.

That's nothing. Cim got seriously damaged by a rock thrown in a snow fight in the Death Battle Plane. Granted, said rock came from a weapon specifically designed to kill gods, but believe me, you're never safe. Even in a place specifically designed to prevent any damage, up to and including death, from affecting you.

Well it was shot by the most powerful Archangel in existence with a sword (in the form of a launcher) that had more essence put into it then the planets had put into Creation (sniping at least hundred thousand miles away) with enough essence boost to recreate the DBP several times over put in as a boost. I could have gotten you in your Dimension too, (like I did with Yaos), but I figured that would make you even more paranoid and hard to kill in the long run...

I drew a Maag trader, along with the other stuff I made in the game. I think I'll try drawing each thing I make in the future because I suck at explaining things.

If it helps, you are great at drawing things  :P.

Exactly what I had in mind. Probably won't do anything to block a metal sword, but people seems to have nothing better than clay shards at the moment in terms of weapons, so I've figured it might be able to block a few blows. That or make a predator's job harder to gain some time.

Well all those are stabbing weapons, which could fit th makes it easier to break and loosen other nearby parts of the suit. As the ropes loosen, the armour becomes less and less effective, and will soon fall apart entirely. [/quote]

Being hit hard enough to tear a thick rope that is presumably limp would probably break the poor little guy's insides :-\.

Yes, rope rings, that's what I meant. I somehow forgot the word (that seems to happen quite often to me). But again, this is just supposed to block a blow or two at max. The goal is to survive an ambush or a theft attempt, since again, they are not soldiers. This isn't meant to be used for a real battle or war, just a little bit of protection for emergency situations.

Considering I probably can't form a coherent sentience in any non-English living language, I think we can all understand.

What are the pantheon mechanics? If three gods in a pantheon work together to perform an action, will the action be cheaper or more powerful than if it were done by just three gods working together?

As I believe I said before, there is no mechanics for pantheons. Pantheons would have to make their own contracts specifying what they effect.

$$$ANSWERS NEXT
Drill roots: 2-4E

Yes, they sustain themselves by feeding from sunlight and heat(although I guess they could live from artificial light, since there in no difference between the two). The mouth is there to allow them to talk. I have no idea if they can actually eat or drink since I didn't specify at creation. I guess it will depend of what stirk choose.

Eh, it is your creation. You can choose. If neither of us choose, we will just have to avoid mentioning it.

Stirk, what's up with the regular ants not being able to understand/use magic?  ???

They where created as "more intelligent then real life ants". Most where still far less then human's intelligence, making understanding complex concepts difficult. All ants now have an advanced understanding of the magic, thanks to your boost.

You know, I feel like blasphemy technically is worship. You're putting effort into letting the deity know you don't like them. You're still putting effort into thinking about them and doing stuff related to them. You're just doing it in a way that says "I dun liek u"

It may be worship, but that doesn't necessarily make it Worship :P.

Most of my price checks were asked three days ago. That's why I'm asking Stirk to read them now.

I have read them. 5+ pricechecks take some time to get to, especially when I don't have time for even OOC. Try to avoid having plans that hinge on me being able to answer PMs in any sort of timely fashion.

The story would continue from where Ye Gods left off, or possibly from some other point in the timeline if readers would like. The events of Legacy or Litany or any other spinoff won't have an effect, but those of the 'official' sequel might.

That one I kidnapped seemed like a nice guy. I wonder what his story was?

Heat of Mines: In my limited experience with underground mines, miners, and mining-focused-thinkers, mines are pretty hot and get hotter the deeper you go down. Mines would be the perfect place for them, since they have ambient heat on their side. Modern mines have ventilation for this reason, the deepest mines are hot enough to kill a man if it wasn't ventilated.

Even then, I am assuming they can go a few days without "eating", like humans and real-life plants can. Working a 9-5 in the mine won't kill them, but it may devote their soul to the company store instead of the proper deity  :P.

$$$ANSWERS ANDRES HAS LIKE TEN NOW
Soul Analogue: (? ? ?)(Requires knowlage of souls to properly program, you cheapskate)

Engraving messages: 1P. You still have to spend essence to actually give complex technologies  :P.

Edit: And for flammability, I don't know. I specified that they were silicon based instead of carbon based, and IIRC that would make them much more resistant to heat, without taking in account the heat resistance I gave them. I can imagine two scenarios other than burning to death: Either they just can't catch fire, or they actually benefit from the extra warmth. That would be funny.

That happened in the original Ye Gods with Golems. Naturally, I was the one who had the idea to set them on fire. This event was chronicled in Dreamerghost's sig.

EDIT: What's OVERFLOW? Is it something we inherently know or something we have to find out?

OVERFLOW means that you spent more essence then you had on hand and had to dip into Crux. You do not get OVERFLOW message if you knew ahead of time that you where doing this, such as by saying "Use Crux if I need to". It is mostly a warning so you don't kill yourself by overspending.

$$$ANSWERS PACT
Raising prophet: 1-2E
Pactbinding Magic system: 6-7E, assuming the Prophets are the only ones who can use it. Assumes it is powered by Worship, may cut into it if large actions are used too often.
Sentient Prophet: 1-2E

Sorry, but I have a hard time seeing what is under the Magic system and what isn't. I will assume the bottom three aren't, and that all the "Pacts" are.

Immortal sapling: 1-2E
100 Durazni: 1E
1000 Durazni: 1-2E

Wait, so Skolld has used 5E on the Maagwolves, and 4E on the elemental wolves.
So does that mean Skolld only has 1E left?

Dunno. I think you had some gain. Check the tick?

$$$ANSWERS
Instrumental Magic: 4-5E (assuming powered by the enchantments)

How much is 1 Crux worth in Essence/Power?

1E or 2P.

Huh, would've expected that to be a bit more.

There was only E in regular Ye Gods  :P.

Can we convert Essence and Power into Crux to heal ourselves?

I won't stop you from trying ( :-X)

Also, if essence is worth 1 crux, and 1 crux is worth 2 power, can I covert Essence into power?

Can you?

Just be aware that since so many of us opposed you, each of us would only have to spend a little each if we wanted to block you.

I wonder if we are ever going to see if the technique of "Blocking by throwing energy at it" really works? After all, without a council, nobody has any veto power~.

Didn't KJP have a rule about canceling actions in the original Ye Gods?

Either way, I personally hope Stirk makes you do the action anyway.

Canceling actions is fine, though you generally shouldn't do it for OOC reasons. "Backing down" after seeing all the negative response to a creation is fine. Everyone just does it in secret anyway...

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 06, 2015, 08:09:56 pm »

Actually, regarding the conversion, it seems to work on a 50% penalty system.

Basically, the value of things are:

1P = 1P
1E = 2P
1C = 4P

But with a 50% penalty, 1C translates into 1E, rather than 2E, and 2P rather than 4P.
So if you want to get Crux, you'll have to either give 8P or 4E.
Of course, that's just my opinion.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 06, 2015, 08:16:02 pm »

Nilva making nobody: 10E
Iliseth making nobody: 8E
This means that creating 10k Human bodies without souls is 1E unaligned....which means it'll cost a total of 6E for an unaligned person to create 10k Humans. I am happy with these results.

Soul Analogue: (? ? ?)(Requires knowlage of souls to properly program, you cheapskate)
Experimenting with actual souls is cheaper. This computer would only serve to let me experiment without needing actual sapient test subjects.

$$$
Price check on a computer that can analyse a soul or souls whose total worth worth is/are 1E or less and save its/their data

With (? ? ?) prices for price checks, does that mean I can't do the thing at all or that I can do it but I won't know how much Essence it costs?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:25:16 pm by Andres »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 06, 2015, 08:28:50 pm »

I think you missed mine again(though it was for carving a slab in the dwarven tunnels with diagrams, so it might just be free.)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 06, 2015, 08:41:26 pm »

I'll say that the Maag can eat and drink but don't get any benefit from it. Mostly because I want them to be able to get drunk.:P

With (? ? ?) prices for price checks, does that mean I can't do the thing at all or that I can do it but I won't know how much Essence it costs?

I think that means you have no way to know that, mostly because that only seems to happen when you try to ask the price of experimental stuff.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 06, 2015, 08:49:42 pm »

Would it benefit the Maag at all if I made small number of special lava spirits who inhabit things like volcanoes and exposed mantle flows?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 06, 2015, 08:51:28 pm »

I think you missed mine again(though it was for carving a slab in the dwarven tunnels with diagrams, so it might just be free.)
Nope?
Quote from: Stirk
Engraving messages: 1P. You still have to spend essence to actually give complex technologies  :P.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 06, 2015, 08:58:16 pm »

It would prolly be a good idea for the reproduction systems of all the races are clarified.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 06, 2015, 09:03:39 pm »

Would it benefit the Maag at all if I made small number of special lava spirits who inhabit things like volcanoes and exposed mantle flows?

I'm not sure how that would help them. They are far enough from the mantle not to be affected by it's heat. It probably wouldn't be harmful either, depending on how you make them. As long as they're not hostile or don't try to destroy things built by the Maag I have no problem with them. If you just want to be helpful I guess you could make the spirits you already have make the fires they inhabit stronger or last longer. How exactly do you think the lava spirits could be beneficial?

It would prolly be a good idea for the reproduction systems of all the races are clarified.

The Maag reproduce like humans. For the Saag, you can look at their sheet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 06, 2015, 09:04:16 pm »

No it wouldn't. Every time we made a new race we'd have to say "they reproduce by having sex" and that's just awkward.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 06, 2015, 09:05:40 pm »

No it wouldn't. Every time we made a new race we'd have to say "they reproduce by having sex" and that's just awkward.

Yeah, I'd assume that if someone want an unusual way to reproduce they would mention it when creating their race.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 166