Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 253747 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (20/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #900 on: June 05, 2015, 04:26:14 pm »

((We can contribute sphere bonuses?))
Even zero-resource assistance gives a discount and power boost to an action
This answers my question of whether having multiple gods help on a project results in a more powerful project even when using the same amount of Essence.

EDIT: What's OVERFLOW? Is it something we inherently know or something we have to find out?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:06:33 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 05, 2015, 05:32:03 pm »

$$$
Pactbinder(s): prophet/immortal raised from one of the mortal races that can perform the art of Pactbinding.

Pactbinding (Type of 'Magic'): rituals of Mavnon that when conducted, empower the individual in exchange for some form of payment to Mavnon. In practice, pactbinding is a form of ritual magic. The Lesser Pacts are nameless and only require a certain amount of worship to Mavnon. They result in minor gifts to the individual; none at all if the worship is insincere. The Greater Pacts are named and require far more sacrifice than just worship, but also give far better gifts. Greater Pacts are directly created by Mavnon and unlike Lesser Pacts, must be individually approved by the god himself.

The Hunter's Glare (Greater Pact): A pact requiring the sacrifice of a 15Ls of blood (it source is a non-factor), this empowers the celebrant with quickened reflexes and unnatural senses.

Parting of Lovers (Greater Pact): A pact requiring immense dedication on the celebrant's part, it requires a sapient willing sacrifice. It grants immunity to age, disease and increased intelligence.

The same as above but with a sentient; willingness is not needed.

The Ascendance of Archons (Greater Pact): A pact requiring the willing sacrifice of the celebrant's earlier memories as well as lifespan, it rewires the  mind so as to be as charismatic as possible. Celebrant are also able to accurately read body language of any species without difficulty.

Tapping the Streams: A pact requiring  a promise of a decade of worship Mavnon, this allows access to Izgalmo's portal magic until the decade is over. Neither memory nor life force use used.

Grant immortality to ambitious sapling. When he dies, a seed is released which grows a small shrub. This eventually births the immortal once more. The mortal is blessed with charisma and the desire for conquest.

Create 100 Durazni, non-sentient automatons that simply follow the mental orders of their assigned master. This is chosen by Mavnon. When in use, Durazni are physical extensions of their master, maintaining all magical or physical blessings. Durazni are agile, made of flexible but durable crystal and reproduce by budding. They feed via photosynthesis.

Create 1000 Durazni.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:46:02 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 05, 2015, 08:52:23 pm »

Grant immortality to ambitious sapling. When he dies, a seed is released which grows a small shrub. This eventually births the immortal once more. The mortal is blessed with charisma and the desire for conquest.
$$$
Price check so that when he dies the shrub is a normal shrub instead.

Don't need no wars burning any Great Trees, mang.

Also, Andres didn't notice my response, 'parently.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:54:50 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 05, 2015, 09:13:24 pm »

Trees? I was under the impression that Saplings were united; conquest would be directed elsewhere...

And even if fighting did take place between saplings, why would they burn the Trees? That sounds suicidal.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 05, 2015, 09:17:14 pm »

Accidents happen...collateral damage. It's unlikely but unlike the death of a mere high priest it would also fuck me over in the extreme.

They're 'united' in the sense that they're 'led' by the Great Trees. It's not very hierarchical, and in order for that Sapling to become a leader he'd have to get all the other Saplings to do what he says, and they're not a particularly war-like people. They probably wouldn't want to.

Then again, the Great Tree might just smush him if he gets too uppity for her liking. Like a rotten apple. Not sure what they'd conquest or why they'd have a reason to want to, either, beyond that desire he'd have. I've been trying to make sure they're happy and have what they need. 'Course, if logging starts becoming an occupation among 'dem humies and dorfs, then let's talk, and I'll even work with you. And yes, I have slowly been realizing that Saplings are kinda like DF elves.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 05, 2015, 09:30:10 pm »

Eh, I probably won't make this immortal just yet; knowing the price would still be useful.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 06, 2015, 03:46:52 am »

Wait, so Skolld has used 5E on the Maagwolves, and 4E on the elemental wolves.
So does that mean Skolld only has 1E left?
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 06, 2015, 03:48:29 am »

$$$
Price check on this thing
Price check on the above if the throne lets a god stay active when they hit 1 Crux
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 06, 2015, 04:03:07 am »

€€€
Price check on creating Instrumental Magic.

Instrumental magic is magic produced by playing musical instruments. Not all people and instuments are capable of producing Instrumental magic. People need to be good at playing music and need to be followers of Alicia. Instruments need to be enchanted by Alicia herself or people that have been appointed by Alicia to do so. Those who practice Instrumental magic are called Instrumentalists.

The lowest tier of Instrumental magic is the Mental Tier. This includes stuff such as buffing or debuffing others. Raising or lowering the morale of armies is one of the most common uses of the Mental Tier. The middle tier is the Interaction Tier. The effects of Interaction Tier Instrumental Magic can be observed. This tier includes healing or causing wounds out of nowhere. The highest and most powerful tier is the Physical Tier. This tier is all about creating objects through music. Most of these are temporary, such as a bridge over a ravine, but the most powerful Instrumentalists are able to create permanent objects.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 06, 2015, 04:20:53 am »

I assume Bagpipes can cause heads to explode?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 06, 2015, 04:25:43 am »

Hahaha, see what you did there.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 06, 2015, 04:31:43 am »

inb4 god of Eldritch (again).

The highest and most powerful tier is the Physical Tier. This tier is all about creating objects through music. Most of these are temporary, such as a bridge over a ravine, but the most powerful Instrumentalists are able to create permanent objects.
Shouldn't this tier be called the Creation tier?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 06, 2015, 09:17:38 am »

When you create a magic system, you can call it what you want Andres.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 06, 2015, 09:20:17 am »

inb4 god of Eldritch (again).

The highest and most powerful tier is the Physical Tier. This tier is all about creating objects through music. Most of these are temporary, such as a bridge over a ravine, but the most powerful Instrumentalists are able to create permanent objects.
Shouldn't this tier be called the Creation tier?
Creation sounds too permanent for me, since there should be a max of 2-3 people at a time that are able to permanently create something using instrumental magic.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 06, 2015, 09:23:53 am »

Conjuring tier maybe? Physical is fine too though.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 166