Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 245015 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (17/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #660 on: June 02, 2015, 12:41:39 am »

It was meant to be barely smart enough to be able to reproduce and maintain itself alive, and be able to learn maybe one or two tricks(which would consist of reacting to a simple input with a specific action) if tamed, so I think non sentient would fit it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 12:44:02 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 02, 2015, 12:53:29 am »

It's in the name: a sentient being can sense, and make decisions based on that input. These decisions may be hardwired, so it does not necessitate free will. Instincts, such as reproduction and survival, may work as these hard wires, but are unrelated to sentience; a non-sentient being can have something definable as instincts as well.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 02, 2015, 01:14:28 am »

$$$ check

A giant tangle of flesh, stone, and metal about 15 yards long in all directions, made of several oddly intertwined networks of thick tendrils about 1 meter in diameter on average. Grant it intelligence above average mortals by giving it several less intelligent secondary brains to control movement, and one larger brain for sentience, and processing destinations for the secondary brains to attempt to move towards. Have it move by using several dozen large tendrils designed to move it from one stable position from the next. Have several smaller creatures, fungi, and plants live within these behemoths, providing it with some nutrients, and make them have the ability to hibernate and gain stockpiles of nutrients to make treks.
Crack-a-lack-a

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 02, 2015, 01:30:06 am »

Creation Summary!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:30:05 am by Demonic Spoon »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #664 on: June 02, 2015, 01:42:00 am »

Do you people actually keep up with this thread or just skip to the end whenever there's too many posts in the way? >_>

Why does that remind me of a zerg overlord?
SHHHHHH NO REASON

But yeah, I was thinking of them as an inspiration.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #665 on: June 02, 2015, 01:43:50 am »

Do you people actually keep up with this thread or just skip to the end whenever there's too many posts in the way? >_>
I tend to skip large parts of the ic thread once I stop caring (like the second of the sun/world creation debate). For whatever reason it's usually easier to keep up with the OOC thread.

I do skim a lot though.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:03:11 am by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 02, 2015, 02:49:59 am »

I do keep up with both threads, but that's mostly because I have way too much free time on my hands.

It's in the name: a sentient being can sense, and make decisions based on that input. These decisions may be hardwired, so it does not necessitate free will. Instincts, such as reproduction and survival, may work as these hard wires, but are unrelated to sentience; a non-sentient being can have something definable as instincts as well.
Oh well.

$$$

Pricecheck on the previously asked life form, but with all the fluff about sentience/non-sentience previously mentioned taken into account. Don't bother giving the pricecheck of the previous one(but only that species, I still want the rest).

Edit: and thanks Demonic spoon for that summary, might be useful. I do find it funny that my species is the only one with linked :P
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:52:23 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 02, 2015, 02:53:53 am »

I keep up with both threads.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 02, 2015, 03:28:34 am »

So two questions I guess. Can we give essence to other gods?

If yes, does anyone want a magic system? If so, I'd be up for making it at the discounted price I get from my sphere, at cost if you give the essence to do it, so you'd be saving essence, and I'd be getting influence, a deal where both sides benefit.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 02, 2015, 03:30:22 am »

I'm interested in magic. However I have something in the works that is a very Nilva styled kind of thing. Perfectly fine with letting it mesh with your system though~

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 02, 2015, 03:31:32 am »

Aurosseu already made some magic. Publicly, even, if you know to read between the lines.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 02, 2015, 03:32:36 am »

I'm interested in magic. However I have something in the works that is a very Nilva styled kind of thing. Perfectly fine with letting it mesh with your system though~
Well, I mean even if you have it in the works, if you let me make it you'd be saving essence (probably. your own sphere bonus might play a role). I don't mind if it doesn't mesh with any systems I made, though that'd be cool too. I just want there to be more magic, since I'm the god of magic. Basically, I'm hoping that if I can give people options for cheaper magic systems, more magic systems will be made.

Aurosseu already made some magic. Publicly, even, if you know to read between the lines.
My offer still stands.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 02, 2015, 03:33:37 am »

My system is pretty sphere based.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 02, 2015, 03:34:34 am »

My system is pretty sphere based.
...it summons wolves of ambiguous gender? Or shapeshifts people into wolves with ambiguous genders?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 02, 2015, 03:35:03 am »

Nein~

Well, it definitely can involve wolves.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 166