Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 245059 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #615 on: June 01, 2015, 05:09:35 pm »

It's still really hard to look directly at a sun, IcyTea. Although you might have to change some plans(oh no :P welcome to being one of the rest of us), you could consider that it would look sorta like a ball when it's first rising or setting.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 01, 2015, 05:15:31 pm »

Nilva's plans are more or less unchanged. Waiting on a pmed pricecheck from Stirk tho.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 01, 2015, 07:27:38 pm »

$$$
Price check for Empathic Lizard Men with sharp climbing/digging claws, and scales that blunt most sharp attacks.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 01, 2015, 07:39:00 pm »

$$$

Price check in power for a force of 1000 temporary humanoid automaton soldiers, made of steel and using swords and tall shields.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 01, 2015, 07:54:31 pm »

I summon an obelisk near the largest Maag settlement. On this obelisk is engraved a log of all that has been said by the gods without any alteration.
Here, my children. This is the truth of what happened before your creation.

I gift them with the knowledge required to create sandstone bricks, allowing them to create permanent settlements. I encourage them to improve the technique or find other uses to it.
((A quick google search tells me you can apparently make them by peeing on sand. wat.))

I also create a specie of tree that can grow on sand and feed exclusively on light and is obviously not sentient. it will have black leaves to allow it to collect the most light possible. I spread 10k of them in the area inhabited by the Maag. I also teach the Maag how to farm them.
It might help if you taught your creations how to read first.
Right. I might have forgotten that.

I teach the Maag how to read, speak and write the language that us gods use.
((I can't help but feel that might not be a good idea. In the "it'll explode their brains" sense. But go right ahead! Experimental data is always appreciated! :)) ))
((what's wrong? It's just plain English. Maybe I should clarify that.))
OOC? Sure. IC however it's the literal language of the gods, which tends to much more metaphysically significant than just being plain old english. Basically, think of it as the language of eldritch space abominations. Do you think they'll be getting a grip on that easily?

Or I might be totally wrong about this. Hence why I said experimental data is appreciated.
I'm tempted to type all my dialogue in Spanish just to mess with the Maag.

Nice try, but my obelisk only recorded what was said before I made it, you could speak any language and it wouldn't change a thing :P
Only thing it would affect is that they wouldn't understand a word of what you say anymore, which doesn't changes much for me.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (17/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #620 on: June 01, 2015, 08:32:20 pm »

PTW
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 01, 2015, 08:33:33 pm »

cripes things are getting complicated.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 01, 2015, 08:37:05 pm »

The ritual stones weren't supposed to be done until I got a pricecheck :/.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 01, 2015, 08:37:46 pm »

And I'm still waiting for a pmed pricecheck.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 01, 2015, 09:05:42 pm »

Well, that went well. :))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 01, 2015, 09:19:59 pm »

Uh what? That'd cost essence though? You said we could suggest some ordinaryish plants that exist in the world. Are my suggestions not mundane enough?

It would not cost essence, it would just let everyone see it. Many people like to ignore OOC unless they are doing something in it.

$$$ANSWERS
Moving the fragments into usable land: 2-3E, (???)P
The area is still considered part of the planet, thus already habitable and capable of keeping plantlife.
Some kind of force keeping them there: 1-2E

Stone slab: Already kind of done with the Obelisk, so 1E. (???) to add secret (true) history. 

By the way, how exactly did/do angels work? I figure that's more down my alley than all this race/world creating nonsense.

While we all know how much I loved my Angels in Ye Gods, I felt it would be best to not have a template this time. Basically, everyone got lazy and followed a template, adding only small changes. There is currently no definition of "Angel" for this game, basically if you want to make servants just give them what abilities you want and call them an "angel".

$$$ANSWERS
Stones: 8E obviously. In the future, please price check before making if you plan on price checking. IC is higher priority then OOC, so I generally check it first if I am lacking time.

Can you link me the description of the Hearth Keepers? I have no idea what they are and I need to know how to react. Thank you for using a capital 'h' in 'Humanity'. It's not fair that every other race gets a capitalised first letter and Humans don't. :-\

I have been counting them as the "Fire Spirits" mentioned earlier.

So the dietary restriction and weakness to cold didn't shave off any essence cost? Earlier you said the dietary restriction would shave off around 1 essence, but two weaknesses didn't reduce the price at all. ???

I seem to have missed where you put in the dietary restrictions. Ill edit your numbers accordingly.

Going to my grandmas. Put me on safe stasis please but do my actions please.

I don't have any sort of safe stasis like KJP did, and I am not planning on letting you go to it once a week like you did there either  :-\.

$$$ANSWERS CONTINUED
Spidertaur: 6E for 10K
Ol' Ironsides: 1-2E. If wood can be smelted, 2-3E

Nilva's plans are more or less unchanged. Waiting on a pmed pricecheck from Stirk tho.

PMs are "Low" priority, being the most difficult to keep up with. As we can tell, I am already in a bit over my head, so it may take me a bit to reply to them.

$$$ANSWERS CONT CONT
Lizard men with claws and armor and empathy: 7-8E
Automaton army: 2-3P, can change to be stronger/weaker or add more abilities.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 01, 2015, 09:36:15 pm »

Are my Hearth Keepers visible to mortals on the corporal plane without divine or magical assistance? And can they affect the corporal plane in any way?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 01, 2015, 09:41:15 pm »

Are my Hearth Keepers visible to mortals on the corporal plane without divine or magical assistance? And can they affect the corporal plane in any way?

Not directly, though if you want it may be possible for them to have a trait that shows where they live (ie, a symbol appearing over fires they control). They are capable of controlling their fires and a limited area around the Hearth, the exact extend depends on their particular power as does what exactly they are able to do.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 01, 2015, 10:34:21 pm »

$$$
The chitin moon grows chitin observatories on its chitinous surface, equipped with sophisticated chitin telescopes, allowing the chitin ants to observe the rest of the chitin universe.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 01, 2015, 10:56:40 pm »

PMs have low priority? Well, then I'll ask here for this post's full meaning not to be revealed yet. While the creations aren't that hard to figure out, I'd rather give the others a little moment of mystery and wonder.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 166