Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244423 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #525 on: May 31, 2015, 10:47:05 pm »

The sun seed finally finishes its growth cycle, forming a massive rod in space. The strange energy seems to grow as it gives off intense heat, giving life to the newly formed ants. The star seems to mostly stabilize, slowly performing its purpose.
So you resolve income first and then finish up all the creation stuff? That's... super fucking annoying to be honest. Like, I'm actually pretty angry right now.
I'm confused. What's going on here?
I made worshippers. But I don't get essence income from them at the tick 2 transition because creation stuff wasn't finished resolving yet.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:56:25 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 31, 2015, 10:53:02 pm »

The sun seed finally finishes its growth cycle, forming a massive rod in space. The strange energy seems to grow as it gives off intense heat, giving life to the newly formed ants. The star seems to mostly stabilize, slowly performing its purpose.
So you resolve income first and then finish up all the creation stuff? That's... super fucking annoying to be honest. Like, I'm actually pretty angry right now.
I made worshippers. But I don't get essence income from them during tick 2 because creation stuff wasn't finished resolving yet.
We are in Tick 2. You'll get your income at the end of Tick 2, i.e. when Tick 3 comes around.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 31, 2015, 10:55:38 pm »

I made worshippers. But I don't get essence income from them during tick 2 because creation stuff wasn't finished resolving yet.
We are in Tick 2. You'll get your income at the end of Tick 2, i.e. when Tick 3 comes around.
My problem is I made the worshippers in Tick 1. But will only get income from them when tick 2 ends and tick 3 begins.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 31, 2015, 10:56:29 pm »

Izgamlo tried to break the universe. Mavnon made him back down by threatening his life.
Isileth and Mavnon are having a friendly spar.
Uztot is insane.
Teburshe made a Star Seed where you can put Essence and Power in to turn it into a sun. The more Essence/Power you put into it the more you can affect its shape.
Teburshe made a World Seed. Same deal.
The sun and the world are unstable, likely due to the Power put into them. The world is more unstable than the sun. We are stabilising both with Essence and everything should be fine by next Tick.
Someone used a crap-ton of Power and now a part of the void is void-ier.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151076.msg6267115#msg6267115
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151076.msg6267248#msg6267248
heh, we're barely maybe coming close to an agreement for the shape of the world, and the argument for the sun isn't resolved yet. Rolepgeek kinda forced us to start funding both of those, so at least there was a bit of progress. We're currently voting with our essence on it. Last time I checked the torus world had an overwhelming majority while there was an almost equal amount of votes on both sides for the sun. A bunch of additional votes were added after so I have no idea if it's still true. Someone will have to count them again. Currently it seems we'll have a mobius torus clusterfuck thingy for a world and either a rod or a sphere for a sun.

I'm not sure why everyone is going mad about Izgamlo. To me he seemed to be just messing around, not trying to tear reality apart so I wouldn't be worried about that, especially since he stopped. That whole void thing is a bit worrying, however.
Thanks.

Aaaaand now we have... some of a cratered torus world around a rod-sun, I guess?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 31, 2015, 10:57:03 pm »

Lithus/Luthus is pretty pissed off after that whole cooperative debacle :v.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 31, 2015, 10:57:52 pm »

Thanks.

Aaaaand now we have... some of a cratered torus world around a rod-sun, I guess?
It's not a torus anymore, since parts of it exploded. IIRC there's three main chunks left that are orbiting the sun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 31, 2015, 10:58:54 pm »

Nilva just enjoyed the pyrotechnics. Would be rather annoyed if there was a perfectly functional world around an ugly rodsun. But the fact that explosions happened changed her outlook considerably.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 31, 2015, 10:59:06 pm »

My problem is I made the worshippers in Tick 1. But will only get income from them when tick 2 ends and tick 3 begins.
I guess you have a point.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 31, 2015, 11:17:31 pm »

$$$

Price check on roughly van-sized spacefaring armored tentacled things with impressive mental abilities and a hunger for knowledge and power. Yes I realize there's no stars except the one right now.

Well yeah. We managed to get almost all of the gods to contribute good amounts of energy to a joint project, and got exactly what you'd expect from committee thinking. That's pretty obnoxious.

It's not a torus anymore, since parts of it exploded. IIRC there's three main chunks left that are orbiting the sun.
Ah, thanks.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 31, 2015, 11:18:17 pm »

$$$

Price check on roughly van-sized spacefaring armored tentacled things with impressive mental abilities and a hunger for knowledge and power. Yes I realize there's no stars except the one right now.

Well yeah. We managed to get almost all of the gods to contribute good amounts of energy to a joint project, and got exactly what you'd expect from committee thinking. That's pretty obnoxious.

Ah, thanks.
That thing is adorable. Can I have three as pets?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 31, 2015, 11:19:01 pm »

$$$

That thing looks pretty great! And actually, I made a belt of asteroids that glow to serve as knockoff stars, so those are probably them.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:20:36 pm by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 31, 2015, 11:20:47 pm »

I made worshippers. But I don't get essence income from them at the tick 2 transition because creation stuff wasn't finished resolving yet.

Are they actually worshipers? From what I can tell they're only sapient ants.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 31, 2015, 11:21:28 pm »

Are they actually worshipers? From what I can tell they're only sapient ants.
Per Stirk, any sapient creatures you create automatically worship you.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 31, 2015, 11:24:00 pm »

So it's the stone age. After a few Ticks, they'll eventually get to medieval times. If I make humans at that time, would they only know how to do stone age stuff?

No, if a new race is introduced to medieval times it will also be in medieval times. Presumably, they can learn easily when everyone surrounding them has the tech, and the God would be able to easily transfer the technologies between them.

More arguments: I will try my best to not take a side :-\.

Goals: I think there is enough conflict that goals will appear organically  :P.

Objection! KJP never said I pulled the number out of my ass, he was just expressing frustration over the fact that we were still arguing about a one-time case where a soul exploded. Proof.

He pretty much did  ::).

Are there still spots?

Yes, come on in!

What have I signed up for.

I have completely and hopelessly fallen behind in both threads, so if anyone has a summary of anything important I should know that would be swell. Currently still slogging through the "So we're making a torus right/No toruses damn it" phases of the IC thread. The early ones, if that just kind of... keeps going.

I know this feeling very well x_x.

I have a question. If we end up giving more power than required to the planet or sun seed, will they be bigger?

More power for creation has a variable effect, depending on what is desired. Ill try to avoid putting it directly what any excess power did or didn't do to the planets  :P.

EDIT: If the World Seed gets enough Essence put into it, will it generate two different planets or a moon? The Seed is meant only to make a relatively earth-sized planet (in terms of usable space) and the excess mass has to go somewhere, after all.

More essence would make the planet larger, unless it was specified that that is the effect of extra essence.

$$$ANSWERS
Implanting myths: 0-1E/P for simple, non-behavior modifying myths.
Just telling myths to mortals: Free. Presumably, you can tell enough of them that they would spread the myths to anyone who hasn't heard it.

Does this mean IronyOwl/Ra Ha Sahaka is going to be punished for being dormant? Thought I'd ask.

Honestly I feel more like rewarding dormant members with this workload  :P. Non-jokingly, no. There is no plans to input any additional penalties to being inactive.

I don't gain essence from having 10k worshipers?

You created them this tick, so not immediately. You will start to receive their Worship bonus next tick.

Also, if it isn't too much trouble, I'd prefer if this was broken down into how much I spent on each action. I'd also prefer that happen in future ticks.

It is. I put the amount spent after the action. Putting them into the sun/planet seed was easier to put in the same group for me, since the majority of users put them both into a single post. It was the same for that, since you made three things at once it was easier to put them all together. In this case it was (8E) for the moon, 1E 2C (ants), 3C(asteroids) (14 energy total).

Actually the ant-thing was a miss speak. This was supposed to happen before the ants where created, since the ants require a sun to exist and there would be problems having them exist for the numerous millenniums that it would take to form the planet. The dust mentioned where supposed to come from the planet exploding, for example. However due to the amount of work incoming from the strange voting thing meant that I couldn't figure out what shapes they where supposed to be, meaning I had to put off its creation until I figured it out. The shape seems to be completely vital to the majority of players here, after all  :P. If something like that makes you angry, then you will be completely enraged just a few ticks into the game.

Oh, is that what you meant? Because that isn't what is happening. Worship isn't a static number. It is something that is built up over the tick, being harvested. Think of it like a farm, they have to make plants to be harvested. You bought the farm on tick 1, but no plants have grown yet, because they have only existed for part of a tick. From tick 2 to 3, they are generating enough Worship to create essence. Anything they can manage at the end of the tick simply isn't enough for a single point of essence.

$$$ANSWERS CONT
Smart space tentacles: 8-9E for 10K (not counting sphere bonuses). 7-8E for 10K with. Subject to change.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 31, 2015, 11:24:59 pm »

I just noticed that while the description says the "planet" is habitable to life, it doesn't say if there is life at the moment. Stirk, does the planet have any life on it or do we have to make some? Also, did you get the part where I said my energy count was wrong?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:26:32 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 166