Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244428 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (14/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2015, 02:01:16 am »

Nilva wouldn't really mind it but wouldn't really support it. Although it would definitely oppose if the warping started causing widespread death.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2015, 02:11:12 am »

Nilva wouldn't really mind it but wouldn't really support it. Although it would definitely oppose if the warping started causing widespread death.
Considering that most of the universe is Void, the odds of taking a single step and not ending up in space would be extremely low, I would think.

Speaking of gods and void, if the gods decided to create a council, would the council's proposals have more weight than individual gods, as in Ye Gods? Would a council of 14 gods approving a proposal to make a planet do so with less Essence cost than just 14 gods agreeing to do it together? If they created a metal resistant to damage, would the metal be more durable if it was passed by a proposal?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:13:23 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2015, 02:15:12 am »

Bah, you lot just lack vision!
Hey, that's my mortal followers' line!

Speaking of which, anyone want to start in on the long and futile process of trying to work together now?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2015, 02:18:05 am »

Bah, you lot just lack vision!
Hey, that's my mortal followers' line!

Speaking of which, anyone want to start in on the long and futile process of trying to work together now?
Yup! We should co-operate to make suns and chitin moons!

Considering that most of the universe is Void, the odds of taking a single step and not ending up in space would be extremely low, I would think.
Hah? I meant space as in "time and space" & "three dimensional space", not "outer space"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2015, 02:19:29 am »

So long as Nilva isn't barred from doing/offering certain things and doesn't have followers attacked, It would be perfectly fine with cooperating~

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2015, 02:21:14 am »

Hah? I meant space as in "time and space" & "three dimensional space", not "outer space"
Izgamlo wishes to bend and warp space like one would mould clay into a work of art, riddling it with portals, making movement unpredictable.
So not only do you want to make the odds of walking to the grocery store near-impossible, it could take a literally infinite amount of time to do so? Mate, I'm gonna have to confiscate your shovel cos you're just digging yourself deeper.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2015, 02:23:38 am »

Izgamlo wishes to bend and warp space like one would mould clay into a work of art, riddling it with portals, making movement unpredictable.
So not only do you want to make the odds of walking to the grocery store near-impossible, it could take a literally infinite amount of time to do so? Mate, I'm gonna have to confiscate your shovel cos you're just digging yourself deeper.
No? I'm not going to warp time. I was using the term "time and space", to indicate I was talking about the definition of space usually associated with that phrase.

SPACE
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:26:01 am by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2015, 02:26:00 am »

No? I'm not going to warp time. I was using the term "time and space", to indicate I was talking about the definition of space usually associated with that phrase.
My bad.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2015, 02:30:35 am »

Personally, I see battle-brothers and similar conventions as compromises, not actual coexistence, similar to how day and night alternate. In a world of Kinship, I see very little conflict, for everyone gets along, not just various groups among themselves. in a world of Conflict, a person's worth is in their combativeness, not in shared blood. That is why I marked Uztot Mailug and Mavnon as nemeses. Of course, the true relation depends on the players, their actions and how much they're willing to compromise.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2015, 02:32:54 am »

Are we going to co-operate to make a solar system? Because apparently making the complete package of sun + planets + moons give a significant discount.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2015, 02:38:50 am »

Wait is it too late to apply?
Crack-a-lack-a

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 29, 2015, 02:41:32 am »

Does there appear to be a max cap number~?

P sure you can still apply.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2015, 02:42:06 am »

And the politics begin.

"These thousandfold chitin moons are essential to galactic wellbeing, and I will not tolerate efforts by a small sect of traitors to undermine their continued construction!"

So long as Nilva isn't barred from doing/offering certain things and doesn't have followers attacked, It would be perfectly fine with cooperating~
Well that's great but holy crap you are going to have difficulty offering anything sphere-related to the procedure.

Are we going to co-operate to make a solar system? Because apparently making the complete package of sun + planets + moons give a significant discount.
This is a pretty good point, and I guess a good reason to figure out if/how/who's cooperating with/on what. Assuming we want traditional star systems, of course; there might or might not be anything stopping us from making cube worlds orbited by their own personal ministars that are actually golden palaces filled with exotic fish.

So on that note, anyone know what they want to do? I was leaning towards trying to figure out semicoherent pantheons for each world/project/whatever, but there's infinite ways to do this.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2015, 02:44:46 am »

Note: I'm not going to join any plan or pact OOC, especially when the game hasn't even started yet. If you want Aurosseu to help you with something, you'll have to convince him, not me. I'm also open for PM's both Ic and OOC, or even completely unrelated matters, if anyone wants sneaky conversation with me or Aurosseu. I have quite a bit of experience in sneaky plays in god games (this you can thank Cim on), so don't be afraid to ask me for advice.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2015, 02:47:31 am »

And the politics begin.

"These thousandfold chitin moons are essential to galactic wellbeing, and I will not tolerate efforts by a small sect of traitors to undermine their continued construction!"
The thounsandfold chitin moons are essential to galactic well being! They provide a important element of Feng Shui! :))

This is a pretty good point, and I guess a good reason to figure out if/how/who's cooperating with/on what. Assuming we want traditional star systems, of course; there might or might not be anything stopping us from making cube worlds orbited by their own personal ministars that are actually golden palaces filled with exotic fish.

So on that note, anyone know what they want to do? I was leaning towards trying to figure out semicoherent pantheons for each world/project/whatever, but there's infinite ways to do this.
If someone comes up with an idea for an unconventional solar system that I like, I'd be willing to provide support in creating it, but beyond chitin moons I have no such ideas myself currently.

Note: I'm not going to join any plan or pact OOC, especially when the game hasn't even started yet. If you want Aurosseu to help you with something, you'll have to convince him, not me. I'm also open for PM's both Ic and OOC, or even completely unrelated matters, if anyone wants sneaky conversation with me or Aurosseu. I have quite a bit of experience in sneaky plays in god games (this you can thank Cim on), so don't be afraid to ask me for advice.
Fair enough. I just thought it might be good to get some groundwork so we could hit the ground running as it were when the game starts.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 166