Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244835 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (20/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #885 on: June 05, 2015, 02:04:38 am »

I'd be interested.

Now I want to do a suggestion game about Alprozem, even though it would probably be terrible.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 05, 2015, 02:16:21 am »

So long as Ye Gods events would have an impact on the prophet's job, I'd be into it.
The story would continue from where Ye Gods left off, or possibly from some other point in the timeline if readers would like. The events of Legacy or Litany or any other spinoff won't have an effect, but those of the 'official' sequel might.

Now I want to do a suggestion game about Alprozem, even though it would probably be terrible.
"You are in your home cave with your beautiful wife and gem hoard. You're tired."
">Sleep."
"You have a good night's rest. You're still tired."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 05, 2015, 04:41:57 am »

Alicia is a loving goddess, dedicated to making everyone happy. She loves every single follower dearly
order them to become the loyal pets of powerful leaders.
Lol

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 05, 2015, 05:07:30 am »

Alicia is a loving goddess, dedicated to making everyone happy. She loves every single follower dearly
order them to become the loyal pets of powerful leaders.
Lol
Those things aren't even sapient and can't be followers. Why should she care about them?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 05, 2015, 05:49:00 am »

I read sentient as sapient for some reason.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #890 on: June 05, 2015, 05:51:53 am »

If there was a day/night cycle, that would leave the initial survival of the Maag mysterious. They were born in a desert where the nights are cold and there's no wood so I'm not sure how they could've made a fire. There aren't any furry animals to make clothing or sleeping bags out of either. Exactly how flammable are the Maag, again?

I'd imagine there would have been caves, which while cool are at a constant temperature usually above that of a desert at night. He also put them close to exposed pieces of mantle, so that's a heat source.

As for Maag flammability, why doesn't the god of fire do some !!Science!!  :P
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 05, 2015, 06:47:15 am »

Iliseth is now reminding me of Princess Bubblegum the way she's trying to bring magic closer to science. That actually gives me an idea....

$$$
Price check on an interactive holographic computer that lets me simulate the behaviour of a soul or souls (up to 1E worth of souls) without actually creating the souls (naturally, I'd be able to perform science with the simulations)
Price check on the above if I needed to input 1 Power per three simulations
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:52:32 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 05, 2015, 07:19:06 am »

$$$
Power price check on engraving a slab of rock in the dwarven tunnels with the secrets of the three basic traps (stone-fall, weapon, cage)
Power price check on engraving a slab of rock in the dwarven tunnels with the blueprints for the magma forge and magma smelter
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 05, 2015, 08:15:40 am »

They're also bad sports, mostly.

And don't get me wrong, conflict is fun, but conflict between characters, not between players. There's a difference; one can be fun, the other's usually stressful.

I typically think of God games as a form of strategy game, with diplomacy 'mechanics'. Resource management and utility. Which explains a lot about the different ways we play, actually, now that I think about it.

Also, @Andres/FArg

Or he could hire Saplings or trade things that provide warmth while they're down there. Alternatively, because it's near a mantle, it could likely get warmer rather than colder as you go down.

Also they don't really need to eat all the time constantly or DIE, in all likelihood. They can go stretches without food/sunlight, most likely.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 05, 2015, 10:14:57 am »

Sorry, but I won't need any help for my mining plans, I already have everything sorted out. Actually you could probably guess what I'm going to do if you looked at the previous pricechecks I've made.

Edit: And for flammability, I don't know. I specified that they were silicon based instead of carbon based, and IIRC that would make them much more resistant to heat, without taking in account the heat resistance I gave them. I can imagine two scenarios other than burning to death: Either they just can't catch fire, or they actually benefit from the extra warmth. That would be funny.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:22:16 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 05, 2015, 12:38:03 pm »

Sorry, but I won't need any help for my mining plans, I already have everything sorted out. Actually you could probably guess what I'm going to do if you looked at the previous pricechecks I've made.

Edit: And for flammability, I don't know. I specified that they were silicon based instead of carbon based, and IIRC that would make them much more resistant to heat, without taking in account the heat resistance I gave them. I can imagine two scenarios other than burning to death: Either they just can't catch fire, or they actually benefit from the extra warmth. That would be funny.
I actually want to try burning one of those cute little creatures as my first action as a god. Would anyone else be opposed if this was done with a willing test subject?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 05, 2015, 01:08:25 pm »

I actually want to try burning one of those cute little creatures as my first action as a god. Would anyone else be opposed if this was done with a willing test subject?

You could just make a soulless clone with power and set it on fire.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 05, 2015, 02:22:10 pm »

You could just make a soulless clone with power and set it on fire.

Or try burning an already dead one first.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 05, 2015, 02:44:23 pm »

((We can contribute sphere bonuses?))
Even zero-resource assistance gives a discount and power boost to an action, especially if the assisting god has an aligned sphere. Or at least that's how it worked in YG.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 05, 2015, 02:59:21 pm »

It should still work, it's like a temporary pantheon.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 166