Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244302 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (20/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #855 on: June 04, 2015, 09:32:41 pm »

So you're not planning on doing anything with that mountain? The Maag can't mine it, after all. Is it ok if Humanity expands there and trades the minerals they get with the Maag?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 04, 2015, 11:20:49 pm »

Stirk, what's up with the regular ants not being able to understand/use magic?  ???

$$$
All ants are able to comprehend and use magic.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:01:09 am by Demonic Spoon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 04, 2015, 11:26:12 pm »

You know, I feel like blasphemy technically is worship. You're putting effort into letting the deity know you don't like them. You're still putting effort into thinking about them and doing stuff related to them. You're just doing it in a way that says "I dun liek u"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 04, 2015, 11:27:46 pm »

Posting my character sheet (assuming you're still accepting them?).

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Accepted, go ahead and start. If I missed any other character sheet, they are also accepted.

OOC/PM replies pushed back, either to the weekend or tomorrow.
For those interested, here is how my "priority" system works. IC is "High" priority, I try to get to it at least once a day to keep the game going. OOC is "Medium" priority, so I get it done if I get IC done. PM's are "Low" priority, so I go to them last. I try to keep read up on all of them whenever I can, including PMs who's actions are incorporated at the same time as IC. Someone offered to use a cypher system instead of PMs, but that doesn't really change the problem of PMs and just makes even more work for me  :P.

I am going to sleep soon, income calculations will be attempted (may or may not get finished, even lower chance of them getting finished right  :P) in the morning before work. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 04, 2015, 11:30:25 pm »

Lol at Illiseth becoming the creeper of Void Litany. Good thing I prevented him from playing with my souls.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 04, 2015, 11:50:30 pm »

I really need a response to the price checks I sent over PM. All of them except for the book are necessary for my plans, especially the first price check. As for the first price check, that isn't exactly what I wanted price checked and I later sent a PM detailing what I actually want.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 05, 2015, 12:12:29 am »

Please don't even try to break my cipher. It's not very secure, but it's really only to reduce the amount of PMs and help Stirk parse Aurosseu's actions by keeping them in one place. Reading GM-only messages would be very serious metagaming, and probably punishable. Of course, people who don't and aren't going to play this game are welcome to read anything, as long as they don't share it with the players.

If you missed the above's context, kudos to you for sportsmanship.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 05, 2015, 12:13:38 am »

Lol at Illiseth becoming the creeper of Void Litany. Good thing I prevented him from playing with my souls.
Iliseth is female, by the way.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 05, 2015, 12:16:00 am »

Suggestion: any time you find yourself assuming something, stop and think about it.

Also, trying to flay the soul of a god who still has plenty of power for as minor a dick move as that is rather much, don't you think? You're not going to have soul dominion over humans, you know. It simply will not happen. And not all gods seek their downfall. Hell, The God of Greed and Leadership can probably push them to greatness.

And we all need things for our plans. I, for example, need 200 Essence. More realistically speaking, I would like an answer to my price checks as well, my public ones. Your PMs do not take priority. Sorry, but it's true.

Now tell me more about this book.

Didn't Stirk say that cyphertext doesn't actually help him any, IcyTea?

Additionally, it's bad sportsmanship to read private messages, and essentially cheating. It's also bad sportsmanship to do everything privately. The whole point of games like these is building a story. If you do everything privately, well, that's not really contributing to the communal story now is it?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 05, 2015, 12:22:54 am »

Suggestion: any time you find yourself assuming something, stop and think about it.
Soul sense to see if Great Trees are sapient or sentient.
Soul sense to see if Great Trees are sapient or sentient.

"I would rather you didn't, please..."
What was that about not assuming actions could be read before they're enacted?

Your PMs do not take priority. Sorry, but it's true.
Most of my price checks were asked three days ago. That's why I'm asking Stirk to read them now.

Now tell me more about this book.
Why should I?

Additionally, it's bad sportsmanship to read private messages, and essentially cheating. It's also bad sportsmanship to do everything privately. The whole point of games like these is building a story. If you do everything privately, well, that's not really contributing to the communal story now is it?
How is it bad sportsmanship to read PMs? Half of Ye Gods was secret actions. It's not bad sportsmanship. Bad sportsmanship is complaining when you suddenly get crapped on because your opponent chose to do his actions secretly instead of announcing them to the world. You're assuming what this game is for. For me, this game is a game first and story second.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 05, 2015, 12:27:39 am »

I believe he was referring to breaking ciphers...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 05, 2015, 12:28:21 am »

I believe he was referring to breaking ciphers...
That makes more sense.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 05, 2015, 12:35:54 am »

Hm? I never said anything about that. I was referring to assuming in general. It was quite clear from previous occurrences in this game, with the space-ripping and all, that we can see public actions. And I did stop and think about it, just to be sure. But you, you said you were assuming.

Because I asked you to.

This isn't Ye Gods. I'm not talking about a few actions, I'm talking about doing essentially all of them secretly, like how Cim did in Ye Gods, and how Aurroseu seems to be continuing that tradition. Moreover, it's quite clear that you see this as a game, from the way you try and play it. Competitively, constantly, against both the rules and players. Rather than cooperatively. You think in terms of opponents and winning. You can't win this. Nobody 'won' Ye Gods. Nobody was going to. If you to speak from the perspective of Ye Gods, then remember all the times KJP talked about how he sometimes fudged stuff to make a better story. That's why a single God could hold off three.

And it's really not an assumption. This is an RPG. My definition of RPGs, and the one I grew up with and one most people I've met seem to agree on, is that it's cooperative story-telling with possible elements of random chance. If you have a different definition that you think suits the term better and it's not a literal mathematically correct definition that doesn't actually tell someone anything about it, then I'd love to hear it.

But yes I was talking about breaking cyphers. I like that Stirk has prioritized more public actions, as it gives an inherent downside to secrecy/price checks that makes sense: it takes longer.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 05, 2015, 12:45:45 am »

But you, you said you were assuming.
'Assuming' may have been the wrong word. 'Inferring' would've been better. I was inferring that because such a rule was in Ye Gods and Stirk said that Litany is mostly Ye Gods, the same rule would carry over. I was inferring that I could tell what he was gonna do based on other people in this game knowing the actions of others before they were done. Then again, even 'inferring' might not be the right word. I'm not great with semantics.

You think in terms of opponents and winning. You can't win this. Nobody 'won' Ye Gods. Nobody was going to.
I'm allowed to be a competitive player who plays a competitive god. Yes I can. True. Cim was going to.
If I complete my god's grand ambition, I consider that to be me having won the game. For example, Cim's ultimate goal was to put all the gods in stasis and rule alone. If he had done that, he would've won the game no question about it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:53:13 am by Andres »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 05, 2015, 12:56:39 am »

To get it out of the way: he never would have accomplished that. That was my point. He certainly would have come close, but that's what I was saying about KJP fudging things.

As for the real reason I posted; I have no idea who Liram is talking to, or what he's talking about, for that matter.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 166