Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244290 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (20/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #840 on: June 04, 2015, 05:36:22 pm »

What are the pantheon mechanics? If three gods in a pantheon work together to perform an action, will the action be cheaper or more powerful than if it were done by just three gods working together?
Either or, i wouold assume. If something costs 1 E to do, and 3 gods all put in 1 E, it'd be more powerful. If each god put in .33 E it'd be cheaper.
Not what I meant. Let's say you want to fire a 3E fireball. You can fire it yourself. If you fire it with multiple people, the price per person drops from 1E each to 0-1E each due to the group discount. I want to know if being in a pantheon with those three people would give an even bigger discount, if the fireball would get a damage bonus from being made by a pantheon, or both.
Why don't you just make a God of Efficiency or Mathematics or Abusing The System and have all this essence-grubbng be in character? :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 04, 2015, 05:41:07 pm »

What are the pantheon mechanics? If three gods in a pantheon work together to perform an action, will the action be cheaper or more powerful than if it were done by just three gods working together?
Either or, i wouold assume. If something costs 1 E to do, and 3 gods all put in 1 E, it'd be more powerful. If each god put in .33 E it'd be cheaper.
Not what I meant. Let's say you want to fire a 3E fireball. You can fire it yourself. If you fire it with multiple people, the price per person drops from 1E each to 0-1E each due to the group discount. I want to know if being in a pantheon with those three people would give an even bigger discount, if the fireball would get a damage bonus from being made by a pantheon, or both.
Why don't you just make a God of Efficiency or Mathematics or Abusing The System and have all this essence-grubbng be in character? :P
If I don't ask these questions, I'm either assuming the mechanics are in place or I'm assuming they're not. As for being in character, saying that a god's personality must match a god's sphere(s) is spherical profiling.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 04, 2015, 05:45:52 pm »

And I will always do spherical profiling. Always.

I'm just pointing out that I'm doing fine without having price-checked anything I've made so far, even. I've done price checks recently, but if you just use reason and common sense and accept occasionally using more than you expected(and being pleasantly surprised when the reverse occurs, as I was when I made the Saplings and Great Trees), then you'll be fine. You're not at war anymore. There is no Fusil to worry about. Only a crotchety old guy and possibly Izgamlo, and they haven't done anything yet really.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 04, 2015, 05:55:13 pm »

I'm actually quite interested in the answer to that pantheon question myself.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 04, 2015, 06:08:28 pm »

You're not at war anymore. There is no Fusil to worry about. Only a crotchety old guy and possibly Izgamlo, and they haven't done anything yet really.
I made the mistake of making the best race in Litany of the Void and now everyone is focusing on them. Mavnon, Izgamlo, Lauxal, and Stellarion have all taken a vested interest in Humanity. One is literally the god of Conflict, another I'm feuding with, the third is an evil god who thrives on insanity, and the last one is....actually ok. The point is, I need to spend enough Essence and Power protecting Humanity that I need to cut corners where I can if I want to follow my ambitions.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 04, 2015, 06:17:56 pm »

"Best". You made an all-rounder race, you made humans, which in stories are almost always the most divided and fractured of races, especially in regards to religion, and typically will be the easiest to convert because of their non-reliance on their creator.

On a different note, would it be alright if I tried to establish a Great Tree (either giant oasis style or Desert Tree style) near/in a desert somewhat close(r) to the Maag and try to open up trade, FArgHalfnr?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 04, 2015, 06:18:11 pm »

Don't forget Uztot. Most of his race relies on Humanity for their homes after all.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 04, 2015, 06:35:10 pm »

"Best". You made an all-rounder race, you made humans, which in stories are almost always the most divided and fractured of races, especially in regards to religion, and typically will be the easiest to convert because of their non-reliance on their creator.

On a different note, would it be alright if I tried to establish a Great Tree (either giant oasis style or Desert Tree style) near/in a desert somewhat close(r) to the Maag and try to open up trade, FArgHalfnr?

Why not. You can put your great tree somewhere around the Maag desert. I just ask that you don't place yourself too close, I'll need space for expansion eventually and I don't want to see territory wars happening if they can be avoided. And also, I'm curious: what kind of products do you think your saplings would trade? I don't remember seeing them doing much in terms of goods production. Or maybe that's just me imagining them as nature lover druids.

Don't forget Uztot. Most of his race relies on Humanity for their homes after all.

Stirk mentioned that they also started moving in Maag homes when I asked him if they had discovered fire yet, so they're not completely dependent of humans.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 04, 2015, 07:48:59 pm »

Woodcrafts, possibly magical crystals if I make them, particularly if I can get Izgamlo(I think he's god of magic?) to work with me on it. Foodstuffs, exotic plants and animals, domesticated megafauna, foodstuffs, perfumes and dyes to some extent though maybe not with the Maag, labor, foodstuffs, other stuff I'll eventually make, and did I mention foodstuffs?

All the bits that fall out of the Great Tree make for great fertilizer, and it shields the crops pretty well, not to mention my beign a God of Growth and of course the Great Tree itself. Speaking of which...

$$$
Price check on making Great Tree's roots capable as functioning as mining drills/tunnels/shafts and/or actually just being able to have the roots mine up stuff and deposit it within the trunk(eventually it will be partially hollowed out to allow transit and space)?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 04, 2015, 08:15:02 pm »

Woodcrafts, possibly magical crystals if I make them, particularly if I can get Izgamlo(I think he's god of magic?) to work with me on it. Foodstuffs, exotic plants and animals, domesticated megafauna, foodstuffs, perfumes and dyes to some extent though maybe not with the Maag, labor, foodstuffs, other stuff I'll eventually make, and did I mention foodstuffs?

All the bits that fall out of the Great Tree make for great fertilizer, and it shields the crops pretty well, not to mention my beign a God of Growth and of course the Great Tree itself. Speaking of which...

$$$
Price check on making Great Tree's roots capable as functioning as mining drills/tunnels/shafts and/or actually just being able to have the roots mine up stuff and deposit it within the trunk(eventually it will be partially hollowed out to allow transit and space)?

There probably won't be a need for food considering the Maag don't eat. If you make that root drill I'd definitively be interested in surplus minerals if you end up having any.

Edit: Just realized I might need the food after all if I am going to get animals.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 04, 2015, 08:25:48 pm »

Wolfimals~

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 04, 2015, 08:39:53 pm »

They don't eat?

Uh. Why do they have mouths, then?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 04, 2015, 09:08:36 pm »

They don't eat?

How do they sustain themselves? Sunlight?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 04, 2015, 09:16:33 pm »

Lithus/Luthus selects the largest desert existing near a portion of the mantle that was exposed during the cataclysm that he can find and creates 10k specimens of his first creation.
Spoiler: said creation (click to show/hide)

Edit: Added picture.
There, I went thread diving for you.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 04, 2015, 09:21:07 pm »

They don't eat?

How do they sustain themselves? Sunlight?

Yes, they sustain themselves by feeding from sunlight and heat(although I guess they could live from artificial light, since there in no difference between the two). The mouth is there to allow them to talk. I have no idea if they can actually eat or drink since I didn't specify at creation. I guess it will depend of what stirk choose.

Edit: Ninjaed. It keeps happening today for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 166