Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244291 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (17/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #675 on: June 02, 2015, 03:37:01 am »

Actually, this has reminded me that Stirk said if multiple gods co-operate on a project it gets vaguely cheaper. So even if the magic is sphere-based, co-operating may still make it cheaper, though it's hard to say since the co-operation thing was left pretty vague.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 02, 2015, 03:38:08 am »

I'll propose a summoning system down the line that prolly multiple could benefit.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 02, 2015, 03:40:08 am »

I'll propose a summoning system down the line that prolly multiple could benefit.
For whatever reason this led me into a train of thought where the "normals" of the torus fragments summon writhes and chitin-ants up as "demons" to do their bidding.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 02, 2015, 03:44:06 am »

That would technically be possible, but I would personally prefer if it was the souls of the dead that got summoned into temporary (or permanent) corporal bodies depending on the deal they made.

Deals would be a sacrificial format. Ghosts probably could use life energy or bodies for example.

Technically the summoning deal system could be made with gods also. Summoning an aspect. In Nilva's case, someone could make a deal to summon a cottage sized giant wolf for x amount of time in exchange for y amount of dead goatwolves sacrificed for them. Where y is double to the cost of making and maintaining the giant wolf for the agreed upon summoning period of x.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:47:38 am by Kevak »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 02, 2015, 03:45:57 am »

That would technically be possible, but I would personally prefer if it was the souls of the dead that got summoned into temporary (or permanent) corporal bodies depending on the deal they made.

Deals would be a sacrificial format. Ghosts probably could use life energy or bodies for example.

Technically the summoning deal system could be made with gods also. Summoning an aspect. In Nilva's case, someone could make a deal to summon a cottage sized giant wolf for x amount of time in exchange for x amount of dead goatwolves sacrificed for them. Where x is double to the cost of making and maintaining the giant wolf for the agreed upon summoned period.
Interesting. I like it. It has my support whenever we get around to making it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 02, 2015, 03:48:32 am »

Ghosts could prolly use the energy to enhance themselves, making themselves more valuable as summons as well. So that could become interesting.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 02, 2015, 03:49:30 am »

So two questions I guess. Can we give essence to other gods?

If yes, does anyone want a magic system? If so, I'd be up for making it at the discounted price I get from my sphere, at cost if you give the essence to do it, so you'd be saving essence, and I'd be getting influence, a deal where both sides benefit.
I'd like to give my Writhes plenty of magic, so I may take you up on this at some point.

Of course, at the moment I've likely spent nearly all of my Essence, so that might need to wait a few ticks.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 02, 2015, 04:03:03 am »

So two questions I guess. Can we give essence to other gods?

If yes, does anyone want a magic system? If so, I'd be up for making it at the discounted price I get from my sphere, at cost if you give the essence to do it, so you'd be saving essence, and I'd be getting influence, a deal where both sides benefit.
I'd like to give my Writhes plenty of magic, so I may take you up on this at some point.

Of course, at the moment I've likely spent nearly all of my Essence, so that might need to wait a few ticks.
You're going to have 2-3 essence leftover, which is enough for me to make a weak magic system with. Weak magic systems have the benefit(?) of not going horribly wrong though, which I believe is not want you want. You may be able to slash the price of a magic system by introducing deliberate flaws like "using this for long periods of time will drive you slowly insane" or "all the spells have a chance of going horribly wrong"

Maybe some sort of system of divination, the Writhes use magic that gives them knowledge, but at the cost of their sanity?

$$$
Having the asteroid belt bud off new asteroids at a rate of 0.001% of the original amount of asteroids per century.
Have the asteroids move around in semi-random patterns, forming abstract shapes
Have the asteroids semi-regularly spell out messages in the sky proclaiming the glory of Izgamlo
A asteroid belt half the size of a standard asteroid belt, with a quarter of the standard amount of asteroids, so that there are fewer, but larger asteroids. The asteroids are made of silver and cast abnormally massive, wide, deep, long, dark shadows
A thousand living portals who teleport anyone who passes through them to a random location in the universe, though they conditions at the destination must be theoretically survivable. They aggressively move towards animals and people, trying to force them through. The portals can fold into themselves to teleport themselves, or intersect with other portals to teleport each other. In the case of a portal being teleported, the destination is not random but predetermined, with portals preferring locations with many farmlands. The portals can reproduce asexually by budding off new portals. Not sapient. How much of a discount do I get from Portals sphere?
Teach a race how to make telescopes. (Could I use power for this?)
Void Creatures, spinning collections of fangs and pincers, who feed on sunlight and undistorted space. Wherever they go they permanently distort space. Distances are shorter or longer than they should be, and moving in a straight line is near impossible in distorted space, even light is bended and warped.  They constantly move through the void, looking for undistorted space to feed on. Say about a thousand. Not sapient. They cannot reproduce but do not age.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:10:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 02, 2015, 04:28:45 am »

I'd never suggest it IC, but what about forcing Hearth Keepers into the corporal plane?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 02, 2015, 04:30:45 am »

I'd never suggest it IC, but what about forcing Hearth Keepers into the corporal plane?
I actually had vague thoughts for a magic system of exorcism. I was thinking it could do stuff like banish heart spirits from a home or force them to materialize so they can be killed.

In fact, let me pricecheck that right now

$$$
A system of Exorcism magic, part of a larger system of Chanting magic that might be built up later. Weak Strength. It can banish spirits (such as hearth spirits) from a home or enclosed space for few days, the more power put into it the longer they are banished, drive possessing spirits out of a creature, or force incorporeal spirits to materialize so conventional attacks can harm them. Powered by a combination of sunlight, burnt incense and chanting. The longer and more passionate the chanting, the more incense is burnt, the stronger the sunlight and the more of it shines during the duration of the chanting, the more powerful the effect. The chanting is mostly magic nonsense but includes a odd prayer or supplication to Izgamlo, or a declaration of Izgamlo's greatness and mercy. Anyone who can use magic can use it. Group casting is pretty much mandatory for any significant effects. Failure to praise Izgamlo causes the spell to fizzle out, giving the caster(s) a painful headache. Other powering elements do not all need to present, but their lack makes the spells much weaker.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:40:19 am by Demonic Spoon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 02, 2015, 04:31:38 am »

If you're talking about the summony thing.

Prolly would be more of having them manifest in the designated summon zone to do something for x time in exchange for y energy from sacrifice.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 02, 2015, 04:42:26 am »

And why would you want to banish my poor Hearth Keepers?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 02, 2015, 04:43:19 am »

Nilva will figure out how to put ribbons on them eventually. But is definitely against banishing them.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 02, 2015, 04:43:31 am »

They're creepy.  ;)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 02, 2015, 04:43:49 am »

They're creepy.
They're adorable firepeople~
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 166