Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244403 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #600 on: June 01, 2015, 06:19:57 am »

spiiiiidrwewverwyrwbieubiw

spiderewverywherekillthempls

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #601 on: June 01, 2015, 06:41:22 am »

Price check on roughly van-sized spacefaring armored tentacled things with impressive mental abilities and a hunger for knowledge and power. Yes I realize there's no stars except the one right now.

Why does that remind me of a zerg overlord?

$$$ Pricecheck time!

How much for a centaur like race with six legs, adapted to scale rock faces and high altitude forests?
How much for trees with wood reinforced by iron, able to grow to impressive sizes (taller and wider than redwoods) and only able to grow in iron rich areas? Very large trees can grow so large that the iron in the trunk forms large rods, making the tree effectively reinforced with rebar.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:16:10 am by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 01, 2015, 07:48:29 am »

That metal forest sounds totaly like something my god would help out to do.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 01, 2015, 11:37:06 am »

I summon an obelisk near the largest Maag settlement. On this obelisk is engraved a log of all that has been said by the gods without any alteration.
Here, my children. This is the truth of what happened before your creation.

I gift them with the knowledge required to create sandstone bricks, allowing them to create permanent settlements. I encourage them to improve the technique or find other uses to it.
((A quick google search tells me you can apparently make them by peeing on sand. wat.))

I also create a specie of tree that can grow on sand and feed exclusively on light and is obviously not sentient. it will have black leaves to allow it to collect the most light possible. I spread 10k of them in the area inhabited by the Maag. I also teach the Maag how to farm them.
It might help if you taught your creations how to read first.
Right. I might have forgotten that.

I teach the Maag how to read, speak and write the language that us gods use.
((I can't help but feel that might not be a good idea. In the "it'll explode their brains" sense. But go right ahead! Experimental data is always appreciated! :)) ))
((what's wrong? It's just plain English. Maybe I should clarify that.))
OOC? Sure. IC however it's the literal language of the gods, which tends to much more metaphysically significant than just being plain old english. Basically, think of it as the language of eldritch space abominations. Do you think they'll be getting a grip on that easily?

Or I might be totally wrong about this. Hence why I said experimental data is appreciated.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 01, 2015, 01:11:37 pm »

Well, we can always invent lozenges and feed the mortals some to make it a slightly easier language for them.

Edit to avoid double posting: I just realized that Aurosseu's symbol no longer makes sense as the sun isn't spherical and certainly won't rise as depicted in the symbol. And I can't edit the symbol, as the symbol's shape plays a part in a plan of mine. I need an excuse, any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:21:09 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 01, 2015, 01:19:41 pm »

I just drew my species here:
Spoiler: Adorableness warning? (click to show/hide)
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 01, 2015, 01:23:42 pm »

Oh my, that is so adorable! It confused me at first though, because maag is Dutch for stomach and I was wondering why it was saying that, but then I realized that it was the name of the species.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 01, 2015, 01:28:26 pm »

Oh my, that is so adorable! It confused me at first though, because maag is Dutch for stomach and I was wondering why it was saying that, but then I realized that it was the name of the species.

Ah, so that's why the quick search I did before only gave me pictures of the digestive system.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 01, 2015, 01:35:29 pm »

Edit to avoid double posting: I just realized that Aurosseu's symbol no longer makes sense as the sun isn't spherical and certainly won't rise as depicted in the symbol. And I can't edit the symbol, as the symbol's shape plays a part in a plan of mine. I need an excuse, any ideas?
The sun is still a circle when viewed from above or below, considering it's a cylinder? Not sure if that helps at all?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:37:20 pm by Demonic Spoon »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 01, 2015, 02:29:07 pm »

Viewed from the planet fragments, it is not circular from any direction, sadly. Maybe it could be defined as something really shiny that's not a sun behind a hill (the horizon on flat ground is not shaped like the symbol, either), but what?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 01, 2015, 02:38:46 pm »

Viewed from the planet fragments, it is not circular from any direction, sadly. Maybe it could be defined as something really shiny that's not a sun behind a hill (the horizon on flat ground is not shaped like the symbol, either), but what?
A giant ball of gold.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 01, 2015, 03:39:32 pm »

A giant ball of gold.
The shade of Azem approves.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 01, 2015, 04:03:05 pm »

Maybe it could be a reference to the exploding planet/sun?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 01, 2015, 04:40:42 pm »

I summon an obelisk near the largest Maag settlement. On this obelisk is engraved a log of all that has been said by the gods without any alteration.
Here, my children. This is the truth of what happened before your creation.

I gift them with the knowledge required to create sandstone bricks, allowing them to create permanent settlements. I encourage them to improve the technique or find other uses to it.
((A quick google search tells me you can apparently make them by peeing on sand. wat.))

I also create a specie of tree that can grow on sand and feed exclusively on light and is obviously not sentient. it will have black leaves to allow it to collect the most light possible. I spread 10k of them in the area inhabited by the Maag. I also teach the Maag how to farm them.
It might help if you taught your creations how to read first.
Right. I might have forgotten that.

I teach the Maag how to read, speak and write the language that us gods use.
((I can't help but feel that might not be a good idea. In the "it'll explode their brains" sense. But go right ahead! Experimental data is always appreciated! :)) ))
((what's wrong? It's just plain English. Maybe I should clarify that.))
OOC? Sure. IC however it's the literal language of the gods, which tends to much more metaphysically significant than just being plain old english. Basically, think of it as the language of eldritch space abominations. Do you think they'll be getting a grip on that easily?

Or I might be totally wrong about this. Hence why I said experimental data is appreciated.
I'm tempted to type all my dialogue in Spanish just to mess with the Maag.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 01, 2015, 04:42:05 pm »

Please don't.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 166