Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244362 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #540 on: May 31, 2015, 11:27:06 pm »

That thing is adorable. Can I have three as pets?
Sure, why not. The odds that I was going to dress them in frilly ribbons was nonzero anyway.

That thing looks pretty great! And actually, I made a belt of asteroids that glow to serve as knockoff stars, so those are probably them.
Thanks, and I mean yes, of course, I meant that all along! :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 31, 2015, 11:27:54 pm »

Sure, why not. The odds that I was going to dress them in frilly ribbons was nonzero anyway.

That thing looks pretty great! And actually, I made a belt of asteroids that glow to serve as knockoff stars, so those are probably them.
Thanks, and I mean yes, of course, I meant that all along! :3
Well now that you gave me the idea~

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 31, 2015, 11:30:17 pm »

Isn't that pretty much slavery?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 31, 2015, 11:31:29 pm »

I just noticed that while the description says the "planet" is habitable to life, it doesn't say if there is life at the moment. Stirk, does the planet have any life on it or do we have to make some? Also, did you get the part where I said my energy count was wrong?

As a habitable planet, it is currently growing mundane plants. No wildlife exists yet. If anyone has any ideas for interesting but mundane plants, now would be the time to add them. Ants exist in the moon.

And no, I didn't.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 31, 2015, 11:32:47 pm »

Isn't that pretty much slavery?
Not if you alter their minds juuust slightly so they like ribbons and do it of their own free will~

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 31, 2015, 11:33:10 pm »

Iliseth:3/10/10
This is wrong. I should be at 6/9/10. I spent 4 Essence voting on the sun and 1 Essence voting on the world. I spent 4 Power voting on the sun. Then add in the Essence and Power I gained this Tick.
Only two instances of me using Essence:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151076.msg6266677#msg6266677
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151076.msg6267205#msg6267205

$$$
Price check on filling the rest of the world with Earth-like animals
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 31, 2015, 11:33:19 pm »

I don't gain essence from having 10k worshipers?

You created them this tick, so not immediately. You will start to receive their Worship bonus next tick.

My problem is I made the worshippers in Tick 1. But will only get income from them when tick 2 ends and tick 3 begins.

Oh, is that what you meant? Because that isn't what is happening. Worship isn't a static number. It is something that is built up over the tick, being harvested. Think of it like a farm, they have to make plants to be harvested. You bought the farm on tick 1, but no plants have grown yet, because they have only existed for part of a tick. From tick 2 to 3, they are generating enough Worship to create essence. Anything they can manage at the end of the tick simply isn't enough for a single point of essence.
Oh, okay, that's fine, as long as it is consistently applied to the rest of the created races as well. The chief source of my anger was the welling suspicion in my gut that any races created this turn would get their first "worship essence harvest" exactly the same time I got my first one.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:36:57 pm by Demonic Spoon »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 31, 2015, 11:36:27 pm »

stirk: Do you have any preferences for how detailed we make our creations?

Also, to clarify: Spreading life is difficult for some reason? Is that because there's not enough souls to go around or what? Could I use Power to encourage living things to get busy, for instance?

Not if you alter their minds juuust slightly so they like ribbons and do it of their own free will~
Which is its own brand of I'm sorry I can't hear you complaining about morality over the sound of me forging the very heavens.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 31, 2015, 11:36:41 pm »

The Great Tree is the massive tree I described earlier, with a slight change.

Saplings are vaguely humanoid plant-like creatures with the ability to change/adapt their growth. They can eat meat or vegetable matter, as well as 'rooting' to gain sustenance from sunlight/other powerful light sources, which they do for most of the day, as a form of 'sleeping'. They have good night vision, and are primarily nocturnal for the reason of needing to root during the day. They are slower, sturdier, and slightly stronger than humans, and both live longer and think slightly slower, on a longer timescale. Finally, they have a special relationship with the Great Trees that are their home. All Saplings are 'male'. All Great Trees are 'female'. While the Saplings can live away from the Great Trees, they (mostly) cannot reproduce without them. New Saplings effectively bud from 'womb-flowers', which are pollinated by the Saplings. Other creatures could theoretically serve as pollinators, but it has not been observed to happen, and it would still just produce Saplings. Most Saplings, once mature, stand between 7 to 10 feet tall, and weigh between 200 to 450 pounds. Their skin is similar to wood or bark, and can vary greatly, though it tends to be similar to the bark of the tree they were born of. The 'womb-flowers'(as there are many kinds of flower upon a Great Tree) of the Great Tree also happen to maintain genetic diversity, even though they come from the same Great Tree. How, few are quite sure. Saplings usually have vines, flowers, or leaves for a 'hair' analogue, though it is not restricted or necessarily on their head, especially as they are not always humanoid in form.

Great Trees can reproduce to make other Great Trees, but it is a supremely rare occurrence. After all, every Great Tree has a divine spark of Power within it, blessed by their god. To ensure the Tree's survival while it grows, which can take centuries before it reaches maturity, a community of Saplings will accompany the seed on what amounts to a Holy Mission. This seems to be one of the few circumstances that can enable Saplings to seemingly reproduce on their own, in order to provide protection to the growing Great Tree. Some theorize Great Trees to be sentient or even sapient, given their ability to adapt to stimuli, and defend themselves and their charges.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 31, 2015, 11:37:05 pm »

Also, to clarify: Spreading life is difficult for some reason? Is that because there's not enough souls to go around or what? Could I use Power to encourage living things to get busy, for instance?

Which is its own brand of I'm sorry I can't hear you complaining about morality over the sound of me forging the very heavens.
Nilva isn't necessarily moral~

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 31, 2015, 11:38:08 pm »

Yes you've made that very clear Kevak. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 31, 2015, 11:38:37 pm »

This gives me a idea! Andres, you should get on making a creation that spits out a continuous stream of blank souls. Solve the soul shortage, be the hero! The hero we all wish we could be!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 31, 2015, 11:39:37 pm »

Lithus/Luthus is pretty pissed off after that whole cooperative debacle :v.
Well yeah. We managed to get almost all of the gods to contribute good amounts of energy to a joint project, and got exactly what you'd expect from committee thinking. That's pretty obnoxious.

That's how I decided to make him, I'm not angry myself. He's mostly concerned over the fact that the time and energy spent arguing and trying to fix the star and world could've been spent better. That and I've made him pretty hot-headed.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 31, 2015, 11:41:10 pm »

Sheet incoming.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 31, 2015, 11:41:48 pm »

I find it funny how we managed to accomplish quite a bit relatively quickly like that yet the God of Leadership thinks he needs to take charge for some reason. Because anyone will listen to him. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 166