Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244411 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (14/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2015, 03:24:06 am »

I could do something like a Wüldbrink Wolf species that does that.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2015, 03:38:15 am »

I could be down for an infinitely generating world. With some parts that are so wild and lawless that not even physics laws apply there.

Also, ammount of numbers between 0.1 and 0.2 is entirely equal to the ammount of numbers between 1 and 100.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2015, 03:44:34 am »

What exactly should be Up though?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2015, 03:50:44 am »

Matched up gods with 40k chapters/factions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:08:49 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2015, 04:10:17 am »

What exactly should be Up though?

Stars and space. Unreachable stars and infinite space.

Eddit: So Baldreale was "gifted" a place among gods?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 29, 2015, 04:11:55 am »

To be honest I only have a semi vague concept for Liram's plans, which is basically to turn the whole universe into one giant warped structure like the Liram-kin often did with those unfortunate on the worlds they congregated to. However, Liram has its own survival as top priority over that, as it can always bring upon the universe warping later, hence, stopping the Liram-kin from going rampant and angering the other gods.

As for Lirams sphere... Motion in general, be it heat, flying birds, or orbits of planets. This would probably cause fairly low income, as it is quite vague, but could give a decent payout if space gets clusterfucked with many objects.
Crack-a-lack-a

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (4/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #231 on: May 29, 2015, 04:13:58 am »

Spoiler: Relations diagram (click to show/hide)
Say, you wouldn't happen to have a version of that diagram without the lines?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 29, 2015, 04:14:58 am »

Of course! He managed to kill an entire half of a space marine chapter by himself, after all!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:19:45 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 29, 2015, 04:35:33 am »

Of course! He managed to kill an entire half of a space marine chapter by himself, after all!
Fairly certain that there were some of my necrons involved there somwhere, but Indric gets the full credit for the kills. Few would had been able to keep Space marines from retreating like he did.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 29, 2015, 05:21:08 am »

Is there a discount when propagating a race over creating a race like Ye Gods used to have? Is creature creation logarithmic or something similar? (i.e. 10k humans is 5E, 100k humans is 6E.)

No, propagating involves directly creating the souls, which is the hard part. It is possible to expand the population for cheaper then it would cost to simply create more, but you will have to be more creative then just saying "I spend E to propagate!!".  The scale is linear, 5E gets you 10K humans, 1E gets you~2k, 10E gets you 20k.
What about soulless creatures, e.g. golems of some sort?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:23:27 am by Demonic Spoon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 29, 2015, 05:22:21 am »

To be honest, I'm expecting someone to make humans in this.

The reason I made a big deal over it in Kapla is due to the uniqueness of that setting and how out of context it would be. I mean, there are literally no animals in the setting excluding the Starborn. Everything mobile is either a robot, a stone golem thing, plant, or living crystal.

This setting doesn't have anything pre established, so I'm expecting a clusterfuck.

Oh, Demonic Spoon.

I has an idea for how an infinitely expanding area can fit into a noninfinite area, prolly something that would be a good joint project. Will give details when we start.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2015, 05:25:00 am »

By someone, do you mean Andres? I've been getting the impression he likes making humans.
Oh, Demonic Spoon.

I has an idea for how an infinitely expanding area can fit into a noninfinite area, prolly something that would be a good joint project. Will give details when we start.
I'm guessing it will involve messing around with space, portals or magic? I'd be interested if that were so.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (4/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2015, 05:29:57 am »

As a matter of fact, yes. I'll PM it to you once I get on my main desktop. I might update it to include the newest gods first, though.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 29, 2015, 05:48:42 am »

By someone, do you mean Andres? I've been getting the impression he likes making humans.
Oh, Demonic Spoon.

I'm guessing it will involve messing around with space, portals or magic? I'd be interested if that were so.
The first one and some of the third one. Maybe a lil of the second one in certain cases.
As a matter of fact, yes. I'll PM it to you once I get on my main desktop. I might update it to include the newest gods first, though.
Why not plop it in the thread? I'll prolly have use of it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 29, 2015, 06:21:15 am »

Yo.

Kevak's "thing" is traps and kitsune, Stirk's is guns, mine is humans.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 166