Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244402 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (14/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2015, 10:19:40 pm »

$$$ANSWERS

Big tree: 2-3E no growth, 2-4E with growth

ManBearPig is exactly what it sounds like.

Well, what does a ManBearPig sound like? Does it combine all three sounds?

FTL moon: Full truck load of what?
FTL+WMG moon: Still depends on what the full truck load is. Wild Mass Guessing is free.
Daemons seem to be based mainly on Ye Gods magic system. As we don't currently have any sort of active magic system, let alone one having anything to do with the soul, the design is currently unworkable. The rest will depend on the magic system, including cost.
Adamantine Metal (At Creation): 3-5E
High-Gravity humans: 6-7E. (Doesn't increase strength in normal gravity.)
Planes: (? ? ?)

And you can't count to five  ::).

Just out of curiosity, why's everyone pricechecking hyper-weird, specific things before the game's even started? I get the more conceptual or foundation stuff, but a lot of these things don't seem like stuff you're especially likely to get around to ever, much less need to know right now.

They are trying to win their bets involving how fast I will quit doing daily updates.  :-\
Maybe you should come up with some guidelines and then force everyone to gamble on it working out? I can't imagine this will ever end.

Abstracting out a lot of the precise numbers (750 miles, 10k individuals) might help too. Arbitrary size/quantity categories ("It's a BIG planet!" "There's a FEW lizardfolk!") or just going to arbitrary tokens/units ("This planet has four tiles!" "You have two lizardfolk counters!") might help as well.

That is probably a good idea. I *hope* now that I have a big one out people won't have to ask me for a standard one again. I was mainly annoyed with the fact they where price checking faster then I could answer  :P. If it ends up being a problem I will do something to fix it.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 28, 2015, 10:22:53 pm »

Okay I liked that interpretation of WMG.

When do you plan on starting, Stirk?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 28, 2015, 10:24:38 pm »

Saturday morning. I would have gotten around to editing the OP, but this took a lot more time then I thought it would.

(1 day. 182 posts  ??? :o)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:46:05 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 28, 2015, 10:46:48 pm »

(1 day. 182 posts  ??? :o)
Hahahahahahaha you're doomed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 28, 2015, 10:59:20 pm »

FTL moon: Full truck load of what?
FTL+WMG moon: Still depends on what the full truck load is. Wild Mass Guessing is free.

And you can't count to five  ::).
FTL=Faster Than Light. I'm talking about an FTL drive. As in, how much would the battleship cost if it had an FTL drive?
WMG=Wave Motion Gun

I put in the battleship stuff after the five price checks placed after it. I forgot to get rid of the "it's five price checks" bit.

Can magical creatures be created in an otherwise non-magical world? If no-one created a system of magic and the magic barrier was still there, could I create fairies, for example?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:14:35 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2015, 12:04:43 am »

Oh, quick question(s?) that I don't want to bother you a PM for, Stirk.

Since I'm the god of Growth, will investments and the like, 'planting seeds' with Essence (and mebbe speeding up the Growth with Power) and letting them take time to grow, etc. etc. be possible/cheaper/easier/faster/not considered gaming the system? I can see it as being considered that in other cases, but...I prefer a slow approach, and if I can pay less by taking more time, that would certainly be nice?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2015, 12:19:41 am »

Oh, quick question(s?) that I don't want to bother you a PM for, Stirk.

Since I'm the god of Growth, will investments and the like, 'planting seeds' with Essence (and mebbe speeding up the Growth with Power) and letting them take time to grow, etc. etc. be possible/cheaper/easier/faster/not considered gaming the system? I can see it as being considered that in other cases, but...I prefer a slow approach, and if I can pay less by taking more time, that would certainly be nice?
Isn't that pretty much the same as my nebula idea?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (4/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2015, 01:06:14 am »

Spoiler: Relations diagram (click to show/hide)

Cim's usually fairly good at these predictions.
Thanks, but I'm not playing Cim right now. I'm flattered that I apparently did such a good job playing it, people can't tell the difference between me and it. Maybe I'll have to return to playing Cim in a later god game.

Oh, I know. I believe you. But if I lie louder then you tell the truth, everyone will believe me and that will be fun.
May I sig this?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2015, 01:17:33 am »

Ooh, nice job IcyTea! Those are some pretty swanky symbols you got there.

Would anyone be interested in co-operating on creating a chitin moon capable of sustaining life? You could have your own creatures living in it as well if you like.

Okay these should be the last pricechecks I make for ~about half a week probably?

$$$

Creating a magic for constructing permanent portals & summoning up temporary portals (gogo double sphere discount?)
Making sapient ants, that are the size of ants, capable of using portal magic. Let's say about a thousand? They'll reproduce naturally over time, increasing their numbers right?
Adding the capability to provide food for the ants to the Chitin Moon. I was thinking some sort of nectar dispensing portals. (Could this actually be included in the essence costs of "able to sustain life?".)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:34:12 am by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (4/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #189 on: May 29, 2015, 01:33:40 am »

Thanks, but I'm not playing Cim right now. I'm flattered that I apparently did such a good job playing it, people can't tell the difference between me and it. Maybe I'll have to return to playing Cim in a later god game.
Wow, I didn't even notice that the name he called you was wrong. I myself just thought of you as 'Cim'.

This is pretty cool. I haven't reviewed all the relationships and I don't intend to do so, but a lot of gods aren't linked by lines, even by yellow Neutral lines. How come? Also, is the relationship between Mavnon and Uztot based on what was said on this thread? I don't see how their spheres couldn't coexist with one-another. Mavnon's deals could be signed in blood. Kinship can overlap with conflict in the form of battle-brothers or avenging a fallen family-member (swinging back into blood oaths.) There's also the obvious crossover between blood and conflict but that doesn't need mentioning, I think.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:04:34 am by Andres »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 29, 2015, 01:35:14 am »

Neutral is no line. Yellow is opponent.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 29, 2015, 01:41:03 am »

Wow, I didn't even notice that the name he called you was wrong. I myself just thought of you as 'Cim'.

This is pretty cool. I haven't reviewed all the relationships and I don't intend to do so, but a lot of gods aren't linked by lines, even by yellow Neutral lines. How come? Also, is the relationship between Mavnon and Uztot based on what was said on this thread? I don't see how their spheres couldn't coexist with one-another. Mavnon's deals could be signed in blood and kinship can overlap with conflict in the form of battle-brothers or avenging a fallen family-member (swinging back into blood oaths.) There's also the obvious crossover between blood and conflict but that doesn't need mentioning, I think.

Ehh, we won't really know until the game starts. After looking at everyone's sheets, the only deity Mavnon would hate on principle would be Izgamlo not because of his spheres or personality, but that he plans to unleash an unknown threat onto the universe. That would be utter stupidity from Mavnon's view and worthy of death. If he didn't do that though, Mavnon has no problems with him.

Ooh and in Mavnon's view, Alicia is simply naive. She doesn't hate her, but actually pities her. Lorash would be considered cynical and somewhat disliked on a personal basis by Mavnon.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:43:21 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2015, 01:43:23 am »

Neutral is no line. Yellow is opponent.
Brain mixed them up. Thanks.

EDIT:
Ehh, we won't really know until the game starts. After looking at everyone's sheets, the only deity Mavnon would hate on principle would be Izgamlo not because of his spheres or personality, but that he plans to unleash an unknown threat onto the universe. That would be utter stupidity from Mavnon's view and worthy of death. If he didn't do that though, Mavnon has no problems with him.
Looking at Izgamlo's sheet, Iliseth would dislike him for his plan to turn all of existence into the Warp.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:48:00 am by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2015, 01:57:37 am »

In case it was at all ambiguous, Andres hit the reason why I chose Blood squarely on the head.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2015, 01:59:14 am »

Bah, you lot just lack vision!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 166