Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244472 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1440 on: June 22, 2015, 12:58:00 am »

What about cores? Have one really long molten interior throughout the Torus if that's what you're worried about.

Centrifugal force, Andres. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 22, 2015, 12:59:40 am »

What about gravity?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 22, 2015, 01:08:03 am »

It tastes like your mother's cooking if Percy Jackson is anything to go by.

What if your mom is a terrible cook?

Or a tree?
In that case, insert your next closest relative/friend who can cook.

Psst, Andres, you have to make healing soul-burning food and drink now.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 22, 2015, 01:08:41 am »

There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 22, 2015, 01:13:15 am »

Psst, Andres, you have to make healing soul-burning food and drink now.
??? You want me to make food and drink that heals people while burning their soul?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 22, 2015, 01:22:38 am »

That's approximately what what eating ambrosia and nectar does in the Percy Jackson series. To demigods anyway...mortals would probably just turn to dust.

Then again, our gods don't eat. Research must be done on whether or not we have a true form that turns mortals to dust.  :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 22, 2015, 02:22:45 am »

Hey Vgray, are you gonna respond to my god's latest PM? It's kind of important.

$$$
Price check on a metal with the physical properties of tin in the hands of non-worshippers, copper in the hands of worshippers, steel in the hands of primary worshippers, and weaboo folded-one-thousand-times katana steel in the hands of exclusive worshippers. In all cases (save the first), the user must be decently devout

Spoiler: GM Only (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:36:09 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 22, 2015, 04:19:59 am »

What counts as 'in the hands of'? What happens if an exclusive worshiper and a non-worshiper (or any combination) grab an object made of the metal at the same time? What happens if one makes an alloy with it, which then changes hands?

Edit: Also, won't it make non-worshiper smiths popular among worshipers, as the metal is easy to cast and very malleable to them?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:23:03 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 22, 2015, 05:14:51 am »

What counts as 'in the hands of'? What happens if an exclusive worshiper and a non-worshiper (or any combination) grab an object made of the metal at the same time? What happens if one makes an alloy with it, which then changes hands?

Edit: Also, won't it make non-worshiper smiths popular among worshipers, as the metal is easy to cast and very malleable to them?
I'd think it takes the properties of the most powerful one (the exclusive worshipper).
If it didn't, then it couldn't harm non-believers, as the blade would turn to tin when it struck.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 22, 2015, 05:40:37 am »

$$$

Andekrama, an alloy of ~75% copper and ~25% iron that exudes Conflict on magical forces. I.e, all magic (and blessings) cannot function in an area around it even if it is directly casted by a god.  This is as the particles of magic become inherently unstable, fizzling out by the act of the metal. The functional radius of the metal is ~10m all though a higher concentration may increase this. It has high malleability and as such is useless as a weapon or armour.

The same as above but not applying to magic/blessings cast directly by a god.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 22, 2015, 05:46:58 am »

Define blessings. There are a number of ways a blessing could be made.

Like for example, a blessing that makes someone's exerted strength increase without altering biology would make sense for it being disabled. However a blessing that alters a persons biology to superdense musclemass would not make sense for disablement. Cause it's no longer a divine force at that point.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 22, 2015, 06:20:44 am »

What counts as 'in the hands of'?
A weapon's quality is determined by the person who wields it. A city gate's is determined by the overall faith of the city's inhabitants.
Spoiler: Example of city gates (click to show/hide)

What happens if an exclusive worshiper and a non-worshiper (or any combination) grab an object made of the metal at the same time?
I'd think it takes the properties of the most powerful one (the exclusive worshipper).
If it didn't, then it couldn't harm non-believers, as the blade would turn to tin when it struck.
This...well, kinda. If it didn't, the metal would turn as bad as tin but it won't turn into actual tin.

What happens if one makes an alloy with it, which then changes hands?
It gets better or worse depending on who holds it.

It's a magic metal that gets "better" or "worse" depending on who's using it. The tin/copper/steel/katanite comparison is just an aid. Devout smiths can work it more easily, swords made with it get sharper and lighter, alloys with the metal infused do what the alloy is supposed to do better, etcetera.

Of you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. The more detailed the description becomes, the more likely it'll do what I expect it to do.

Like for example, a blessing that makes someone's exerted strength increase without altering biology would make sense for it being disabled. However a blessing that alters a persons biology to superdense musclemass would not make sense for disablement. Cause it's no longer a divine force at that point.
Actually, there is. A divine force is present and being used to alter the person's biology.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 22, 2015, 06:25:06 am »

Wrong. Once the biology is altered. There is no more divine force, there is nothing to dispel. If the blessing happened while the person was within the antimagic field, then it would make sense for dispelling. However if it happened outside the field, and then the person entered. There's nothing to dispel. The person is simply biologically stronger.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 22, 2015, 06:36:31 am »

Yup, that's exactly what I meant.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 22, 2015, 06:38:04 am »

Which part of that?
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 166