Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244893 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (14/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2015, 07:55:58 pm »

Okay, I guess I'll abandon the "Chitinballs as worshippers" idea for now, but I still want my chitinballs. So I was thinking, what is the chitinballs were the temples? With smaller symbiotic ant worshippers living in hollowed out areas in the chitin shell.

Maybe. We will see.....The ants would have to at least leave.
...no chitinball planet-cathedrals?  :'(

No, temples could work, you just have to have "normal" sapient worshipers to go to them  :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2015, 07:57:21 pm »

$$$

Pricecheck on creating 10k humans, and to terraform a portion of a planet the general size of France (both prices separated, please)
(And I'm not actually going to make humans, I just need an approximation.)
That and also on creating a small moon about the size of Charon (Pluto's moon IRL)
And finally, I'd like to know the cost of doubling the amount of minerals on a planet assuming it already have the amount you'd expect a earth-like planet to have.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2015, 07:57:44 pm »

Okay, I guess I'll abandon the "Chitinballs as worshippers" idea for now, but I still want my chitinballs. So I was thinking, what is the chitinballs were the temples? With smaller symbiotic ant worshippers living in hollowed out areas in the chitin shell.

No, temples could work, you just have to have "normal" sapient worshipers to go to them  :P.
Yeah, I guess that was unclear. I had a silly idea to disdain normal planets and instead have massive planet-sized balls of chitin with ants living inside.

My thoughts go in weird directions sometimes.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2015, 08:00:11 pm »

Yeah, I guess that was unclear. I had a silly idea to disdain normal planets and instead have massive planet-sized balls of chitin with ants living inside.

Why not have your worshipers grow them like you'd grow a plant instead? (Think of the mushroom towers in morrowind, except its chitinballs instead)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2015, 08:02:04 pm »

It is a metaphorical wall  :-\.
So you're saying I can't melt off some of the glass to forge into something else my research on making physical objects out of emotions and metaphorical events will have additional applications!

Why not have your worshipers grow them like you'd grow a plant instead? (Think of the mushroom towers in morrowind, except its chitinballs instead)
Just make them your high priests, dedicated to a life of contemplation, worship, and instruction to more traditional races. They'll be your equivalent to wise talking trees.

$$$

Price check on gas giants relative to rocky planets.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2015, 08:05:01 pm »

I also considered that, but lone chitinballs drifting about in space just have a certain coolness factor to them.

$$$
How much essence to create a moonsized ball of chitin, with a portal in the center to the sun, giving energy for the ball to continue growing. The entire chitinball is riddled with tunnels and caverns.

Just make them your high priests, dedicated to a life of contemplation, worship, and instruction to more traditional races. They'll be your equivalent to wise talking trees.
...I'm liking wise talking chitinballs rolling around enlightening the lesser races. Be one with the chitin!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2015, 08:07:04 pm »

Hm.

Does your character for this have the same personality as Malakath Andres?
No. She's not starting off the game assimilating angels so expect her to be less Good-aligned. I'm personally expecting her to take a physical role in the wars of my followers as a combatant.

Is it cheaper to make a nebula with enough mass for a solar system than it is to create a solar system?

Try gaming the system, and you will be shot.  >:(.
To you it's "gaming the system", to me it's creatively getting around problems. Creatively. Like a god. The plan was to make the nebula and use Power to temporarily increase the effects of gravity. The whole point of the plan is to use the otherwise useless (in this case) Power in the creative process.

$$$
Price check on creating a moon-sized space battleship
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2015, 08:07:37 pm »

I also considered that, but lone chitinballs drifting about in space just have a certain coolness factor to them.

$$$
How much essence to create a moonsized ball of chitin, with a portal in the center to the sun, giving energy for the ball to continue growing. The entire chitinball is riddled with tunnels and caverns.

...I'm liking wise talking chitinballs rolling around enlightening the lesser races. Be one with the chitin!
Have a mother chitinball the size of a moon inhabited by it's much smaller offspring. It would be easy enough to move them to other planets afterwards. I imagine that mother chitinball would be some kind of demigod or archangel.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2015, 08:09:15 pm »

$$$

Have a mother chitinball the size of a moon inhabited by it's much smaller offspring. It would be easy enough to move them to other planets afterwards. I imagine that mother chitinball would be some kind of demigod or archangel.
Ooh, I liking this. Chitinballs as ant colonization spaceships!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2015, 08:09:41 pm »

Pyramids, you guys.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2015, 08:12:20 pm »

$$$

Pricecheck for making complex viruses for a specific species. Such as for example.. A virus that completely shuts down the immune system but otherwise leaves the person perfectly fine?

Pricecheck for making complex single celled life. Like an Amoeba.

Pricecheck for making simple multicellular life. Like a jellyfish?

Pricecheck for making complex nonsapient multicellular life, like a fox?

Pricecheck for uplifting nonsapient multicellular life to sapient? Primates to human level for example?

Pricecheck for making sapient life from scratch? Humans from scratch for example?

Pricecheck for making nonsapient energy beings? Like ghosts for example?

Pricecheck for making sapient energy beings? Like those energy beings from Titan AE (Sapient spacefaring energy creatures.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2015, 08:15:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll consider this to be....permission.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is there a discount when propagating a race over creating a race like Ye Gods used to have? Is creature creation logarithmic or something similar? (i.e. 10k humans is 5E, 100k humans is 6E.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:27:15 pm by Andres »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2015, 08:18:24 pm »

Skyrim Dragons.

*sigh*

Couldn't you, like, come up with your own dragons maybe? Like say, they're cannibals, who devour the weakest of their kind as a form of worship. Bam, originality!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2015, 08:19:25 pm »

Or the Starborn in Kalpa, those dragons are awesome dragons.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2015, 08:20:45 pm »

Skyrim Dragons.

*sigh*

Couldn't you, like, come up with your own dragons maybe? Like say, they're cannibals, who devour the weakest of their kind as a form of worship. Bam, originality!
Trust me, I will. I'm planning to make dragons that I designed back in Ye Gods but wasn't able to implement. I just want to know the base price of making what's pretty much a "stock" dragon in comparison.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 166