Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244409 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1170 on: June 12, 2015, 02:12:01 pm »

Nilva'll like Verru~

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 12, 2015, 03:33:52 pm »

Looks like my time freed up a bit more. Assuming you've still got the room or some room opens up (someone dies), here's my sheet.

Spoiler: Verruckt (click to show/hide)

Added you to the list. Interesting concept. We might become allies, depending on how you play your evolution aspect. That would make three of us with similar aspects, we have growth, progress and now evolution.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 12, 2015, 04:34:32 pm »

Looks like my time freed up a bit more. Assuming you've still got the room or some room opens up (someone dies), here's my sheet.

Added you to the list. Interesting concept. We might become allies, depending on how you play your evolution aspect. That would make three of us with similar aspects, we have growth, progress and now evolution.
I'm very interested to see how you three get along. This has everything to do with the fact that my somewhat long term goal is to form the first pantheon. Or perhaps facilitate the forming.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 12, 2015, 05:51:06 pm »

Utther would probably like you.
Let the games begin.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 12, 2015, 05:58:39 pm »

Was the 3 Power required to destroy the penguin's soul or did you just assume I'd use it all?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 12, 2015, 06:57:22 pm »

Was the 3 Power required to destroy the penguin's soul or did you just assume I'd use it all?
It was a very strong penguin.
It was their emperor.
Now the penguin lands are in deep civil war, because their emperor was the only thing keeping their people in peace.
Thousands of penguins die each day, and it's all your fault.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 12, 2015, 07:14:45 pm »

As a note, people are very bad at making decisions without emotions. Inability to empathize with the people is not a very good trait in a ruler. Just pointing that out.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 12, 2015, 08:57:41 pm »

Accepted, of course. Go ahead and start playing.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 12, 2015, 09:22:44 pm »

Can someone make a list of who has created what so far?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 12, 2015, 09:31:25 pm »

As a note, people are very bad at making decisions without emotions. Inability to empathize with the people is not a very good trait in a ruler. Just pointing that out.
I think we define emotional decision-making differently, as in my opinion people are doing too much of it. That might also only come from my like of realpolitik, though. Could you elaborate and give examples?

Please don't make this a full debate; I'm still on my phone.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 12, 2015, 10:05:29 pm »

What are the new E/P/C maximums of the gods?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 12, 2015, 10:32:06 pm »

I think we define emotional decision-making differently, as in my opinion people are doing too much of it. That might also only come from my like of realpolitik, though. Could you elaborate and give examples?

Please don't make this a full debate; I'm still on my phone.

We use hunches, emotions, memories, all these little things tie into our decisions. There is such a thing as using emotions to make your decision without being irrational or unreasonable. Mostly, though I was talking about things like this. Original article was this, basically. In summary(at least of the original time I heard it), a guy with a brain tumor had it removed. When it was removed, it separated the emotional part of the brain from the decision making part of the brain. And he couldn't choose. He'd stand in the cereal aisle for hours. He couldn't make the most basic of decisions. He had trouble with big ones, too, if I remember right, though there weren't many of them. All your memories, they're all tied into memory. Influencing which way you go, what to do. They're finding that hunches can figure out things before actual reason and logic. The subconscious. It's a thing. Gut feelings, more often than not, steer people in the right direction. Without those feelings, people have a difficult time even once they've learned it consciously. Life isn't logical. Life isn't pure reason. People are unpredictable, but there's a reason our AIs can be predicted and outmaneuvered. Pure logic is a flow-chart based on statistics. It can be played false.

Emotion-less leaders make terrible leaders. Overly emotional leaders are also terrible leaders. We aren't just one or the other. Gotta use both. Two legs, two parts. If you try to balance on one, you'll manage for a while. But eventually, you'll fall. One way. Or the other.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 12, 2015, 10:56:02 pm »

Okay, that's pretty much my definition as well. But I still think players here think too emotionally. Case in point, shapes of the solar system. What could have been an arbitrary choice became a lengthy debate with few logical arguments. Similarly, a not-so-reasonable punishment was put on Utther. The sparring matches were done not because it had any mechanical effect, but because they were fun. And fun is the purpose of this game. Unnecessary arguments are not very fun for me, however, so maybe the problem isn't using too much emotion, but using it wrong.

I like to use the word 'realpolitik' to describe my play style, as you may have noticed. I'm not thinking logically, but realistically. Emotions, especially those of others play an important part in my decision-making, even irrational ones.

This post took way too long to type. I'm not going to bother with markup.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 12, 2015, 11:03:01 pm »

Punishments must be severe if they are to be feared, and thus laws followed. At least in a system of 'government' such as this game has. The damage was already done; a few points of Essence would not have made up for it.

Granted, this punishment isn't going to work either, since it'll just make him grumpier and let him continue to break things, but meh. It's more fun than simply imprisoning him, I would say.

As for solar system, I dunno. Some people wanted a sphere like always, something nice and simple, some people wanted something more complex and using more of the fact that this is a game with magic and divinity. Real world physics need not apply. Both sides had good reasons. And for a similar reason, I tried to be an arbitrator of sorts.

I tend to play it like a strategy game, like I said. Resource management. Unit design. Economic growth.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 12, 2015, 11:07:33 pm »

It's more fun
I think we have reached an agreement.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 166