Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244404 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1125 on: June 10, 2015, 05:01:36 am »

Overflow means that you ran out of essence/power and had to draw on crux.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 10, 2015, 05:20:01 am »

Overflow means that you ran out of essence/power and had to draw on crux.
Ah. That explains things.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 10, 2015, 06:17:03 am »

I have to ask. How are those curses? Curses have downsides.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 10, 2015, 06:22:20 am »

Looking like freaky bugmonsters/exeskeletonless ants? But yeah, those don't really seem to be curses.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 10, 2015, 06:26:42 am »

Specially cause the deformation is optional.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 10, 2015, 07:36:52 am »

Looking like freaky bugmonsters/exeskeletonless ants? But yeah, those don't really seem to be curses.
Because I don't do blessings.

Also, I can control them through their chains whenever I want, because I'm the god of binding.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 10, 2015, 07:45:05 am »

A blessing is a blessing whether you call it that or not.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 10, 2015, 07:52:45 am »

The wolves bound to the elements are cursed, as with the control of the elements, comes the feeling of the elements.
These new curse bearers hold powers of my domain, but I can control these directly, and use them as puppets.
While they may have asked, their descendants wont, they'll be born bearing this curse.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 10, 2015, 09:14:00 am »

$$$
Price check on creating 10k muselings.

Muselings are small, sapient humanoids (about 2/3rd of a human) that are native to Elysium. They are all identical, exept for the pair of wings they possess. Some possess feathery, birdlike wings, whilst others possess wings similar to butterflies and dragonflies, and some wings are even ethereal. They can't fly for more than an hour at a time. They spend their time eating the plentiful food and nectar on Elysium and playing music. Most of them trek around, sleeping, eating and playing music wherever they see fit, but if there is a city present, they will settle there. A lot of them have Alicia-born familiars.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 10, 2015, 12:06:58 pm »

The wolves bound to the elements are cursed, as with the control of the elements, comes the feeling of the elements.
These new curse bearers hold powers of my domain, but I can control these directly, and use them as puppets.
While they may have asked, their descendants wont, they'll be born bearing this curse.
You did not include the puppet clause. Therefore it isn't a thing. If it were a thing, I could control literally every single wolf based creature on the planet. Which qualifies as OP as hell and I sincerely doubt that would be allowed. Just cause it's in my domain does not mean I can puppet it. Same goes for you. The reason the Elemental Wolves are cursed is because they feel the pain of the world in exchange for their abilities. The Maagwolves, I don't qualify as cursed either. It's a blessing by any name. A blessing is a blessing no matter what you wish to call it. Neither the bone thing or the Maagwolf thing are curses.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 10, 2015, 12:51:53 pm »

You did not include the puppet clause. Therefore it isn't a thing. If it were a thing, I could control literally every single wolf based creature on the planet. Which qualifies as OP as hell and I sincerely doubt that would be allowed. Just cause it's in my domain does not mean I can puppet it. Same goes for you. The reason the Elemental Wolves are cursed is because they feel the pain of the world in exchange for their abilities. The Maagwolves, I don't qualify as cursed either. It's a blessing by any name. A blessing is a blessing no matter what you wish to call it. Neither the bone thing or the Maagwolf thing are curses.
The Maag-wolves were originally supposed to go berserk, as they have to struggle with their predatory instincts, whether they want to or not.
So the Maag-wolves aren't experiencing a detrimental effect because the GM didn't inflict it on them.
In fact, the Maag-wolves aren't even sapient in full wolf form, as the sapient Maag mind is disconnected.
One goes in, the other goes out.

And I said I'm the god of binding, and placing my chains on them is like a puppeteer placing wires on a puppet.
You're claiming your wolf sphere implies binding, I see no reference of binding or control in a sphere that only says wolves.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 10, 2015, 01:01:19 pm »

You appear to be assuming things about the mechanics that don't actually exist.

The Maagwolves have proven sapient in wolfform. It was never mentioned otherwise, if you want a negative, you're gonna have to manually write it out. The GM only uses what you put down.

Just because you are a god of binding does not automatically give you the trait *Puppetier*

Nothing in the so far shown mechanics implies that, nor was the puppetiering clause included in blessings. And yes, they are most definitely blessings.

If you wanted to puppet them, should have added that. You didn't so you can't. Prolly could spend power to control them though, just like you could spend power to control any random mortal. Just like any other God could.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 10, 2015, 01:05:42 pm »

I assumed the whole werewolf thing went without saying. I did say that if they found a BALANCE it would be useful.
It was SUPPOSED to have a downside.
Not only that, but technically I shouldn't even be capable of making the Maag-Wolves then, absolutely impossible.

I am the god of binding, not balance, so I would never be able to make a blessing, I have no such sphere.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 10, 2015, 01:11:38 pm »

Gods can do things out of their sphere. It's been stated multiple times. The only things sphere has influenced so far is pricing of stuff relative to if another deity made it and influence income. Odds are is there are a couple unknown mechanics. However this is what has been observed.

An example of the pricing:

If Nilva made 10k bodiless souls, it would cost 10k Essence.

If the God of Souls, I forget her name did that, it would cost 8k Essence.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 10, 2015, 01:16:00 pm »

Gods can do things out of their sphere. It's been stated multiple times. The only things sphere has influenced so far is pricing of stuff relative to if another deity made it and influence income. Odds are is there are a couple unknown mechanics. However this is what has been observed.

An example of the pricing:

If Nilva made 10k bodiless souls, it would cost 10k Essence.

If the God of Souls, I forget her name did that, it would cost 8k Essence.
While Nilva could do stuff outside her sphere, Skolld cannot.
Technically Skolld can, but he would never do it, so he can't.

I guess I'll have to withdraw my action then.

Edit: I have canceled my action.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:21:21 pm by Happy Demon »

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 166