Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244347 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (4/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2015, 06:35:15 pm »

Updated the list and also added my drawing to my sheet.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2015, 06:36:04 pm »

The God of Traps
Name: Nilva

Spheres: Nonbinary Gendering and Wolves.
Oh. That kind of traps. I thought you meant the other kind and was actually rather interested. This just seems like fetish stuff.
Who ever said literal traps wouldn't happen~?

There's a hard limit of two spheres at the start, Nilva had like five spheres, including literal traps like bear traps last game it was in.
Right, and you chose nonbinary gender as one of yours. I'm guessing a lot of crossdressing is going to be going on?

Like, okay?

I was mostly planning on creating massive balls of chitin, with no identifying external features, that are literally not physically capable of doing anything except worshipping me, so enjoy making them traps I guess?

Good luck getting any influence worth a damn from them...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2015, 06:36:45 pm »

Ok, completely done editing my sheet. No more changes. Probably.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2015, 06:44:46 pm »

The God of Traps
Name: Nilva

Spheres: Nonbinary Gendering and Wolves.
Oh. That kind of traps. I thought you meant the other kind and was actually rather interested. This just seems like fetish stuff.
Who ever said literal traps wouldn't happen~?

There's a hard limit of two spheres at the start, Nilva had like five spheres, including literal traps like bear traps last game it was in.
Right, and you chose nonbinary gender as one of yours. I'm guessing a lot of crossdressing is going to be going on?

Like, okay?

I was mostly planning on creating massive balls of chitin, with no identifying external features, that are literally not physically capable of doing anything except worshipping me, so enjoy making them traps I guess?

Good luck getting any influence worth a damn from them...
Don't see any reason not to elaborate some, so would like to note I have rather extensively planned them out.

Assuming no prohibitive essence costs, each of them would have a portal in their center linked to the surface from the sun, where they get all the energy to power them from. Which would help for influence.

Also various other stuff I'd add on as essence permits. But they'd essentially remain massive balls of chitin.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:47:37 pm by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2015, 06:47:39 pm »

Okay, change added to the list.
And as it turns out, I might have nothing to do for the evening. Is everyone okay with me drawing all of your characters?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2015, 06:48:41 pm »

And as it turns out, I might have nothing to do for the evening. Is everyone okay with me drawing all of your characters?
Mine would probably too difficult to draw to be worth the effort, so I recommend not bothering (or maybe not? It could actually be pretty easy to draw depending, now that I consider it), but it's not like I'd be actually opposed to you taking a shot at it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2015, 06:54:45 pm »

Free drawings? Go ahead.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2015, 06:56:49 pm »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2015, 06:57:09 pm »

...I can't leave the computer for an extended period of time without an extra two pages coming in, can I? Oh well. Another exhausting day, another forum post. I hope everyone can deal with a wall of text properly  :P. EXHAUSTED STIRK WALL OF TEXT GOOOO!

Continuing from where I left off....

So... uh

$$$

How much power/essence would it take to bore a hole through that foggy bulletproof glass so I can get my hands on the sweet sweet mysterious ambient energy magics? I'm assuming power would be valid in the use of creating a permanent hole through the focused application of force?

How much essence to create a conventional sun?

Magic: A majority of Gods agreeing to let magic exist in the universe will poke a pin in the glass without costing any energy. Digging any deeper than that? Only science knows.

Sun: Like the one in Earth's sky, 20-30E (base). This is a super-special discount price for creation only, as millennium will pass in a single tick letting you create solar systems cheaply and easily. Building planetary bodies will be more difficult in the later game for various reasons. You also get a "group discount", if you decide to build an entire solar system at once, thanks to the laws of physics working in your favor. This is the price I decided on without knowing how many people where going to be in the game, and is subject to change based on my fickle wims.

Let's try something different...
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
I'll come up with a personality later.

Accepted.

Also, the whole council thing of Ye Gods is pretty unappealing to me. We don't have anything like that in Litany right?

We don't have any naturally occurring council. The Gods can create one themselves if they really want to, but one doesn't currently exist. I liked it in Ye Gods, it was something unique about it, though we pretty much stopped using it near the end. In the end, it was something that probably caused an absurd workload that I couldn't handle.

Simple answer: Right, we don't have one.

There aren't any rules to different gods having the same sphere to the best of my knowledge if you really have your heart set on either magic or engineering.

Correct.

Hey, you heard Stirk, the mystery magic will be perfectly safe! We can bore it up immediately and become filthy rich magic-oil barons!

((How long until he figures out just how much of a filthy liar I am?))

Name: Aurosseu, the Keeper of Dreams, the Absolver, Giver of the New Dawn
Spheres: Dreams. Patron of Healing, Peace, Forgiveness, Rest, the Night, Sunrise.
Primary form/associated symbol: To other gods and similar beings, Aurosseu appears as a humanoid figure in a simple all-concealing hooded white robe. Inside the hood, only a dark, starry sky can be seen. To mortals, Aurosseu appears as their sweetest dream; if there are multiple observers, he takes on aspects from the dreams of all of them. His symbol is a rising golden sun behind a silver horizon.
Description/Background: Every morning, in an ideal world, a being wakes up invigorated, with only the joys and successes and none of the sorrows or fears of yesterday. Both old and new challenges await, but with new strength, the being faces them. That is, in an ideal world. In reality, someone has to bring that rest, that vigor, that blank slate. Aurosseu is that someone.

Oh, accepted! Sorry I missed this. I had half~ an hour to wake up, eat, and write what I already wrote.

As I've explained multiple times both IC and OOC, Cim didn't. I am being completely the-game's-already-over honest. I had extrapolated (I didn't even have any hard knowledge) that someone is going to use a WMD and kill everyone, so I sent my troops invisible and intangible to provide magical support against STF, using the later-standardized probability shenanigans (which were also why Cim was winning the snow fight until a certain someone made it a rock fight instead). Cim had nothing to do with the explosion, except noticing a few omens that is was to come.

Oh, I know. I believe you. But if I lie louder then you tell the truth, everyone will believe me and that will be fun.

Name: Lauxal, Queen of Monsters
Sphere: Primary: Monsters Secondary: Nightmares
Primary form: She appears as a massive giantess with coal black hair, the body of a spider, 9 eyes, bat wings and a massive scorpion tail. However she can also disguise herself as a person`s worst nightmare with ease.
Associated symbol: A silver spider with 9 eyes.
Description/Background: Born in the darkness, she shall spread her children far and wide. The mortals shall fear her arrival, however all monsters shall honor their great queen.

Accepted.

Name: Lorash
Spheres: Metals and Memories
Primary form: Bulky metal golem engraved with fractal runes.
Associated Symbol: Engraved anvil
Description: Lorash believes in inevitability. No matter what, being is fleeting and all eventually return to void. As such, only the journey matters. Lorash is dedicated to recording said journey, creating eternal record of all that lived.

Accepted. Are you going to get the line out of the way, or let someone steal it from you?

Would anyone like to make a bet on how many turns pass before Stirk snaps and admits that daily updates were a bit too ambitious of an idea?

Hah. KJP kept it up for like a quarter of a year, and if I have one thing it is endura HEY LOOK A SHINEY GUN!

Oh hey, Stirk is online! :)) (Continues stalking favoured gms)

For real this time too! I have been checking up on it on my phone while in the truck, but now I am on something I can use to summon text walls.

Are you talking about Void magic or just generally attunements like Elemental, Necromancy, Musical, etc.? Or are you referring to how the magic works, what it's affected by, and what its source is?

General mysteriousness. That is it.

((MY GOD THEY KEEP COMING!!!))

$$$ANSWER
Armor: ? ? ? (Requires research into the nature of Power)
Big Bang Universe: Depends on the size of the universe in question and how many gods participate. It can be anywhere from the small infinity of all the numbers between .1 and .2 or as much as the number of numbers from 1 to 100, a much larger infinity.

Spoiler: The God of Traps: (click to show/hide)

Accepted, with fear of how this will be weaponized and combined in the future.

There are currently no plans to increase the number of allowed spheres past 2, if you want to change them this would be the best time.

Don't see any reason not to elaborate some, so would like to note I have rather extensively planned them out.

Assuming no prohibitive essence costs, each of them would have a portal in their center linked to the surface from the sun, where they get all the energy to power them from. Which would help for influence.

Also various other stuff I'd add on as essence permits. But they'd essentially remain massive balls of chitin.

He is kind of right, "Doing nothing but worship" generally decreases worship quality, if it is "forced" on them by their nature rather than a choice. Otherwise, everyone would abuse this to no end.

....Aaaand done.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2015, 07:06:39 pm »

Go ahead, although it sounds pointless since my character keeps changing.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2015, 07:18:06 pm »

So... uh

$$$

How much power/essence would it take to bore a hole through that foggy bulletproof glass so I can get my hands on the sweet sweet mysterious ambient energy magics? I'm assuming power would be valid in the use of creating a permanent hole through the focused application of force?

How much essence to create a conventional sun?

Magic: A majority of Gods agreeing to let magic exist in the universe will poke a pin in the glass without costing any energy. Digging any deeper than that? Only science knows.
So I have to throw power at it until I get results? Mkay. Would throwing power at one point in the glass wall stack up over time, that is to say, if I dedicated power over multiple ticks to boring a hole in the glass, would it be slowly filling up some imaginary progress bar until happy funtimes happen? Sort of like repeated hammer strikes to crack that baby open I suppose.

Hey, you heard Stirk, the mystery magic will be perfectly safe! We can bore it up immediately and become filthy rich magic-oil barons!

((How long until he figures out just how much of a filthy liar I am?))
You mean my genius idea to become a filthy rich magic-oil baron may not be foolproof? Say it aint so!

He is kind of right, "Doing nothing but worship" generally decreases worship quality, if it is "forced" on them by their nature rather than a choice. Otherwise, everyone would abuse this to no end.
Aw. But I liked my chitinballs. :'( I guess I could give them the capability to dream all the time if they don't feel like worshiping? Also, how drastic a decrease in quality are we talking here? Like "you get half the regular amount of worship power" or "you get a tenth of the regular amount of worship power"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:20:37 pm by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (14/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2015, 07:19:01 pm »

You forgot my character again stirk :c
Edit: And are you okay with me doing that character list?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:22:15 pm by FArgHalfnr »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2015, 07:23:58 pm »

Big Bang Universe: Depends on the size of the universe in question and how many gods participate. It can be anywhere from the small infinity of all the numbers between .1 and .2 or as much as the number of numbers from 1 to 100, a much larger infinity.
Observable universe, so 6503.88 billion light-years2. 91 billion light-years diameter.

So I have to throw power at it until I get results? Mkay. Would throwing power at one point in the glass wall stack up over time, that is to say, if I dedicated power over multiple ticks to boring a hole in the glass, would it be slowly filling up some imaginary progress bar until happy funtimes happen? Sort of like repeated hammer strikes to crack that baby open I suppose.
A drill would be cheaper. With 1E we could make a drill that'll tunnel into the crack until it breaks. It's a lot cheaper than spending X Power for who knows how long.

$$$
Price check on creating an Earth-like world
Price check on creating a Luna-like moon
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2015, 07:26:55 pm »

A drill would be cheaper. With 1E we could make a drill that'll tunnel into the crack until it breaks. It's a lot cheaper than spending X Power for who knows how long.
The power would (probably?) be much faster though. And I don't really have anything else I'm planning to use power for. So I thought I might as well throw all my power at it until something happens.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:30:40 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (14/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2015, 07:30:54 pm »

So I have to throw power at it until I get results? Mkay. Would throwing power at one point in the glass wall stack up over time, that is to say, if I dedicated power over multiple ticks to boring a wall, would it be slowly filling up some imaginary progress bar until happy funtimes happen? Sort of like repeated hammer strikes to crack that baby open I suppose.

*Shrugz*

Aw. But I liked my chitinballs. :'( I guess I could give them the capability to dream all the time if they don't feel like worshiping? Also, how drastic a decrease in quality are we talking here? Like "you get half the regular amount of worship power" or "you get a tenth of the regular amount of worship power"

Worship is a complicated thing that even the Gods do not understand. Generally, genuine worship requires things like building temples, performing ceremonies, and other things you would expect a real-world religion to do for their God. And above all, it involves them dedicating their soul to you. You wouldn't get a hundredth of the worship quality from something that only sits in one place and things "Gee, what a great God I worship!" while doing nothing else. If you could, everyone would just have huge Essence factories  ::).

Observable universe, so 6503.88 billion light-years2. 91 billion light-years diameter.

You missed the joke. It was "It will either cost a small infinity or a large infinity". That would be "Small infinity".

It is a metaphorical wall  :-\.

$$$ Answer
Earth-like planet (not including wildlife, capable of sustaining life):20-30E (Variable, for the same reasons as the Sun. Solar system and game beginning discount not counted.)
Earth's-moon-like-moon: 10E (Variable, see above)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 166