Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paranoia XP Roll20 game 3/5 :Time to be decided  (Read 3252 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Paranoia XP Roll20 game 3/5 :Time to be decided
« on: May 27, 2015, 07:46:55 pm »

"Greetings newly appointed/cloned/reassigned Troubleshooter and welcome to the glorious world of Trouble Shooting!  Failure to make sufficient glory is treason.  On the infinite wisdom of friend computer, you are tasked with rooting out and destroying the final enemies of Alpha Complex; victory is near TroubleShooter, those who say otherwise are commie mutant traitors to Alpha Complex.

In the case that you are recently cloned/brain-scrubbed/an imbecile, following will be a short introduction and history on Alpha Complex so that you feel happy and excited to begin your career protecting Alpha Complex.  Those found to be insufficiently happy during the short introduction and history on Alpha Complex will be injected with GLEEMAX via spinally inserted needles.

A pre-recorded black and white video begins playing, the music is cheesy and the film has moth holes leaving gaps in the imagery.  ((Opening on a large gleaming city beneath a brilliantly shining glass dome, with hover cars and robotic dogs can be seen.  A banner underneath reads ALPHA COMPLEX!))  Salutations lucky human, you have been chosen for the state of the art ALPHA COMPLEX security dome.  The impending war with the Communists has caused the construction of your new, glorious home.  It is complete with state of the art memomax mental transfer facilities which keep your consciousness alive and thriving for generation after generation of body which we have so generously stored on ice for you in the meantime.  The glass dome will allow you sunlight and a view on the impending nuclear wasteland until such a time as Earth is habitable once more!  However citizen, leaving will be hard as we have provided you with every luxery and amenity known to man, all covered by FRIEND COMPUTER!

((The imagery shifts to that of a gigantic, wire covered golden cube suspended in liquid.)) Friend Computer is a state of the art (buzzing and the video skips)

That concludes our tour of Alpha Complex, enjoy your eternal stay.

((A secondary video begins playing showing the labyrinthine metal corridors and boiling food vats that you know to be Alpha Complex.)) Greetings -above clearance level- Friend Computer, in the years following deemed it far better for us to live beneath ground as the glass dome was causing sunburns.  As such in Friend Computer's infinite wisdom and care we are now blessed to live far below the earth, safe from all harm.  You are, as you probably guessed not the consciousness of those mentioned in the previous video, they were found to be entirely COMMUNISTS. Gasping is recommended but not necessary.  Instead, you are a clone.. of a clone of a clone who's genetic template was given the Friend Computer seal of approval.  As well each other person in Alpha Complex is so designed by Friend Computer, unfortunately Commie Mutant Traitors have been working against Friend Computers loving guidance and have such subverted the minds and bodies of Alpha Complex Citizens.  This is theft, and as such you -redacted- must -redacted- all.  Hopefully this makes your duties perfectly clear, enjoy service.

Your tutorial videos end, and you are moved to the brand new RED CLEARANCE living quarters, along with a gift from friend computer; a RED delicious apple.  So begins your and 5 other's glorious careers in service to Alpha Complex, make me proud Citizen!"

However, as the sedatives slowly wore off for the first time you saw Alpha Complex outside of the haze of happy drugs and behavior medication.  Everything was suddenly a lot less okay than you had thought, the apple was rotten metaphorically and literally.  The group you had previously been attending meetings for, you suddenly realized was a society, one of the traitorous groups which warranted immediate execution.  However, despite this revelation you felt the need to stay in the society and that was when a second revelation hit you;  You were a mutant, previously the powers of which you had thought to be hallucinations caused by Happy-Nite drops were real... and also marked you for immediate execution (Unless you registered them immediately... which would likely give many people reason to want you dead anyways.)

As you sat digesting these internal revelations another thought struck you, you were a troubleshooter... in a room with 5 other troubleshooters... all who's job was to kill people like you and ensure that your genetic template was wiped from existence.

Roleplaying Book Download:Paranoia XP  The mode we are Playing is Straight though slightly lighter for those who read the book.  Not reading the book is Treason.
   Don't read any more than the player section of the book please.

Character Creation:  Just IN for a spot, then I shall give you a link to a roll20 page where we can roll the character.... as it's all rolling :D  well you get a little choice, Friend Computer has bestowed that most gracious gift upon you Troubleshooter.

Game time:I am looking at any week day starting 5pm est to 8pm est and ending after 2-3 hours.  Post your day preference when you IN please.

Contact me:I am available on steam at Kilakan or via private message here... but you have better luck on steam.

Any questions in the thread are welcome though will be received with due clearance consideration as FRIEND COMPUTER deems.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:44:18 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia XP Roll20 game 0/5 :Time to be decided
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:47:28 pm »

-reserved-
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 07:47:48 pm »

-also reserved cause I'll probably want it... or not who knows.
Nom nom nom

KerrigorBlackwell

• Escaped Lunatic
  • zzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 10:16:44 pm »

In. Flexible with times although preferably not Friday.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 10:21:59 pm »

In.

I made a character for a game that never took place, may I use him?

I post at night (Tornado Alley area of America (I forgot the names of the time zones))
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 05:39:27 pm »

Pterodactyls the witch!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 05:54:49 pm »

IN.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia XP Roll20 game 3/5 :Time to be decided
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 07:45:11 pm »

Ok so other than Athath anyone else have any specific time requirements?   also I would rather we roll your character newly.
Nom nom nom

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 12:19:53 am »

Ok so other than Athath anyone else have any specific time requirements?   also I would rather we roll your character newly.
Alright. When should we create the characters by?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

KerrigorBlackwell

• Escaped Lunatic
  • zzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 01:46:14 am »

Alright. When should we create the characters by?

The way he is running it is you roll for your overall character power/group/job with the gm, and then you can allocate your stats how you see fit. Just get in contact with kila to join the roll20, and you can probably make it any time you are both on.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 01:12:49 pm »

Actually I can't play! Just got reminded that roll20 hates my computer, sorry about that kilakan. :P

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 12:11:06 pm »

In, and Saturdays before 6:30PM EST or after that point will be fine.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text