Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lack of sieges in new version  (Read 781 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Lack of sieges in new version
« on: May 27, 2015, 04:20:23 pm »

I've been away for quite a while, and I hear many people are having this issue, as (quoted for ease)
"you need an enemy civ to know your location, then be at war, then have enough people in one place to make a siege force, then decide to send the army to your site, and not another civ's site. And usually your fort is not as important than, let's say, the mountainhome or a town." - Boltgun

Could this be worked around, by giving a civilization huge numbers of populace, and numerous entity positions dedicated to sending out attacks? I.E. numerous militia captains/whatever the civilization equivalent is.

If it's hardcoded (E.G. only a max of 4 armies moving around on the world map from a civ at a time) could it be increased with a binary patch/dfhack wizardy?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of sieges in new version
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 04:23:12 pm »

Posting to find out, I would like this.
One wheel short of a wagon

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:01:51 pm »

Good idea, actually.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 10:41:09 pm »

DFHack wizardry: tried. We don't know enough about army controllers to actually force sieges properly; it's basically a die roll whether an army forced on top of your place will actually siege, which means that you either have to beset all the world's armies on your fort OR deal with not having many invasions.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 11:22:30 am »

If it's a die roll on whether they siege or not when the army is placed atop of your fort, wouldn't that just mean you teleport (via dfhack) all of the world's currently active hostile armies atop your fort, and due to statistics only about 30% (randomly chosen percentage) of them would attack? Run the script once an ingame year or whatever, and you'll get regular sieges!