Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Imperial Might II  (Read 3729 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Imperial Might II
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2015, 02:08:06 pm »

Using our cavalry would be a good idea. Unless the courtyard is quite large then they would be next to useless inside. We could send them out to harry the enemy once and then have them return. Maybe we can goad some of their units into pursuing and then cause even more casualties when they split off from their main force.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2015, 04:07:17 pm »

So our plan is
1. Continue with buildings

We could also maybe slow down the army a bit using our cavalry.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 11:28:50 pm »

So our plan is
1. Continue with buildings

We could also maybe slow down the army a bit using our cavalry.

If you guys do want to use the cavalry to delay I ask for you to expand upon that otherwise I'll assume you order your cavalry to charge directly at them, and hope for the best results. This isn't to be spiteful, but more because if you give me extremely vague orders and I have to make the choices for you its mostly me deciding what happens on a whim. Essentially if an action requires you to go into detail for it to be performed please do so otherwise I will choose the most direct course of action based on your votes which will probably not be what you want.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2015, 12:38:04 am »

Well it seems like at least one other person thinks it's a good idea. We should only do this if the cavalry will have time to attack and return without letting the enemy inside the gates. Do we know if the enemy has any mounted troops who could give chase?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2015, 01:24:20 am »

Well it seems like at least one other person thinks it's a good idea. We should only do this if the cavalry will have time to attack and return without letting the enemy inside the gates. Do we know if the enemy has any mounted troops who could give chase?
The likelihood is very high, but the scouts that went out reported only seeing a large mass of infantry and subsequent supply trains before taking flight to report the approaching army. If the cavalry were to ride out now they should be able to return near night fall before the enemy falls on the fortress, and the siege begins anew though any forces that could give chase would need to be taken care of.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2015, 01:50:43 am »

Alright then, sounds like a favorable choice.

Order the cavalry to sally out and attack the enemy. I didn't think there was any other way I could suggest that they go about this without knowing more about the terrain and the way the enemy is marching:
Assuming there's a highway and the terrain would allow mounted troops to lie in wait ahead of the enemy, they could attempt an ambush while they're still marching and attack the length of their column, causing as many casualties as possible before disengaging. We'd just have to hope that they haven't put out an advance unit in anticipation of that.

If they're marching in open fields in blocks then the cavalry should find the most level ground from which to attempt a direct charge that moves as quickly as possible before the enemy can organize his forces.

If there is a stream they must cross, then we would attack them mid-crossing after some of their army had already crossed.

Put the reserve spearmen on standby in case they need to drive off pursuing light cavalry.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2015, 03:12:51 pm »

If possible, attack baggage trains

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2015, 04:30:27 pm »

+1 to stuff above me

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2015, 06:06:59 pm »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2015, 03:49:01 pm »

Do we have a well or cistern for water?
Do we have oil,sand, or tar?
Do we have wood ?
Do we have any small stones?

If we have a source for water, prepare pots of boiling water for if they enemy gets to close
Pepare pots of boiling oil, hot sand or tar, and torches for the smae purpose, but keep all hot things away from the gunpowder.
Also, make sure our powder stays dry
Make stakes.
Use the dirt from the ditch to make a sort of wall in between the outer and inner. Place the spikes on the outward slope, except in one or two specific places.

Pages: 1 2 [3]