Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Imperial Might II  (Read 3733 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Imperial Might II
« on: May 27, 2015, 11:35:21 am »

Looking out from the keep's roof, you watch hundreds of men running about carrying supplies to the outer courtyard, bringing messages to officers to update orders, or making their way to gathering points. Seeing the five thousand man garrison of the fortress readying for the siege to come you sigh in despair, because the forces that march towards these walls number in the tens if not hundreds of thousands of heretical souls come to devour the Kingdom. Anger rises in you at the thought of the enemies' betrayal, of those foul people who turned against the teachings of the Crimson Angels that delivered the word of God to false icons. These heretics had risen up against those nations loyal to God, and were beginning to overwhelm those few nations that still worshiped the true God with numbers and strange weapons the likes of which your people have never seen.

Sighing you turn from the view of the fortress to a handful of knights gathered on the roof with you, all seven of them are adorned in slightly worn gray plate-mail adorned with a blood red Phoenix upon the chest plate, and wearing swords at their sides. These men had served you loyal for years, just how many would die before this war is done? Would the worshipers of God manage to claim victory over these heretics, or would the true religion be wiped away?

Whatever the case you resolve to see this war through, you would die before you knelt to heretics and let them desecrate the worship of God, and his Crimson Angels who brought peace to your people so long ago. Let them come, they will be met with the cold blades, razor sharp arrows, and muskets of faithful souls, of men who will die before letting them take our homes.

Your line of thought is interrupted as one of the knights gathered before you calls out your name,

"Commander ..."

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Might II
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 11:54:32 am »

Our name is Araziah Kilcolen
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 12:27:08 pm »

[[It says II in the name. Is knowledge of the previous game going to be needed? Or even useful?]]
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 12:39:21 pm »

[[It says II in the name. Is knowledge of the previous game going to be needed? Or even useful?]]
It won't be needed at all, there will be a few references or appearances of groups that appeared in it, but there won't be any assumptions that people already know of them. Its mostly Imperial Might II, because it uses the same system, and concept as the other.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 12:41:11 pm »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 12:42:46 pm »

+2.
Let's keep this ball rolling.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 01:07:01 pm »

+2.
Let's keep this ball rolling.

Indeed. Can I request more about this world? Is this a high medieval fantasy world or a WH40k thing?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Imperial Might II - Knight Commander Araziah
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 01:59:19 pm »

"Commander Araziah, the movement of gunpowder, and shot for the cannons and musketmen is almost completed at the outer wall. The preparation of supplies for the inner wall's cannons will take half a day more before leaving our stores almost completely emptied of all gunpowder, but I suspect we'll have little need to conserve powder for further engagements. The entire garrison is being mobilized for the coming battle, and our estimates put the Jormund army roughly a day's travel from the fort, unless we do something to buy time that's all we have before the siege begins in earnest."

With that the knight, a bald and scarred man by the name of Joseph, stepped back to let a second one take his place. The one that steps forward is the  outer wall's gate captain Kaligar, a brown haired man with a face like a hawk, and tendency to frown regardless of the situation.

"The disposition of the fortress troops stands at approximately five thousand men split into outer wall, outer courtyard, inner wall, and reserve forces. The outer wall has some three hundred archers, two hundred of our musketmen, and six of the cannons laid out across its length with the cannons being placed at points equal distances apart to avoid losing too many at once. The outer courtyard is prepared with seven hundred spearmen, two hundred knights, one hundred musket men, and two hundred swordsmen all ready to repel enemies that get upon the walls or hold the gates should they be breached.

The inner wall is to be manned by the remaining six cannons, three hundred musketmen, and three hundred archers. With the way the walls were built they'll be able to fire upon the enemy once the close on the walls, but at a large distance or right under the outer walls they'll be unable to display their firepower. Finally this leaves seven hundred spearmen, three hundred swordsmen, and the two hundred men of the Crimson Guard in the in reserve with roughly a thousand or more servants, workers, and the like in the inner courtyard complexes.

With that our reports are done, what would you have us do Commander?"

Indeed. Can I request more about this world? Is this a high medieval fantasy world or a WH40k thing?
Its a feudal era world split up into your typical array of kingdoms though only the central parts of the world really have actual kingdoms with the rest of the landmasses be covered in scattered duchies, and territories fought over by warlords. Until recently they all followed a single religion called the Church of the Crimson Church which uses tales of a time when the world had no kingdoms, and great warriors they call the Crimson Angels came from the North teaching them of the only true God and helping unit the tribes into one single empire. Since those times the world has fractured again into smaller nations, but the world is no longer covered in endless war and the original empire still exists at the center of the continent as the Carstein Kingdom. The Carstein Kingdom is the nation you serve.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 03:33:37 pm »

Give a rousing speech to the men. We must keep up morale! Keep visible, but try not to die.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 04:10:23 pm »

Give a rousing speech to the men. We must keep up morale! Keep visible, but try not to die.

-1 to speech were hard pressed for time as it is.

"Good, now we let the heretics come and fall to our swords."
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:42:26 pm by 3man75 »

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 12:09:57 am »

Lets just wait for the enemy to come now

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 12:35:19 am »

Lets just wait for the enemy to come now
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 07:38:23 am »

We have, like, a day. And troops like a good speech (if, you know, you're halfway competent at it.) They'll think something's up if we refuse to give one.
+1 to speech.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 10:35:16 am »

We have, like, a day. And troops like a good speech (if, you know, you're halfway competent at it.) They'll think something's up if we refuse to give one.
+1 to speech.
Yeah you guys do actually have a full day to make whatever plans you want/prepare in game :v

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 11:21:57 am »

In that case i'll switch my vote to speech. Can we also send a bird to the nearest city to provide support somehow?
Pages: [1] 2 3