Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Paladin (TSG): Deus Vult  (Read 4437 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin (TSG): Deus Vult
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2015, 07:02:24 am »

Go South!
+1 to unproductive randomness, let others sort it out!

Yeah.. or we just Go North
As it really is quite random at this point, let's get it over with quickly ;o

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 09:58:30 am »

why not just go back at the ladder xD
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 09:25:09 pm »

Going north, you open the rickety door, which collapses into a pile of rotted wood. The sound attracts movement from the darkness, and through the faint light you can see a young boy hiding in the dark. He has a long, wicked dagger in his hands. You can see him poking out from a barricade, holding a finger to his mouth and telling you to be quiet.

As the seweriver churns, you see a disturbance in the water. Something slowly crawls out and lumbers to a pile of flesh and bones in the center of the room. It gurgles and grunts with every step. It used to be a carp, but now has grown ten times the size and has four, stumpy legs.

Code: [Select]
--...===..
--..8[]...
--..0|....

0=You
--=River
==Barricade
[]=Trap
9=Hunter
8=Carp-beast

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2015, 10:16:13 pm »

Retribution on us.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2015, 10:29:37 pm »

Watch quietly.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2015, 12:25:01 am »

The carpbeast begins to chew on the rotten flesh, ripping the muscles and crunching the bones. The boy behind the barricade begins to pull a string connected to the trap. As you prepare for a fight and cast Retribution on yourself, the monster sees you. The visible light and the humming sound of the spell seemed to alert it. The boy behind the barricade grunts in annoyance and prepares his dagger.

(4) Stone
(3) Hunter
(1) Carpbeast

The beast is too slow for the Hunter, who leaps from the barricade and slashes downwards at the carpbeast. (4)vs(5) The carpbeast's ungainly size belies unnatural speed. The boy misses the carp just barely, his dagger plunging into the ground with a clang.

(4)vs(2) The beast strikes back, latching its gnarled teeth onto the boys forearm! It crunches, delivering its full biting force on the boy's arm. He screams and reels back in pain! The boy appears to be Damaged.

It is now your turn to act.

--...===..
--..0|....

0=You
--=River
 ==Barricade
[]=Trap
 9=Hunter
 8=Carp-beast

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)

Effects:
-Retributive (Redirect damage.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2015, 12:31:20 am »

Transfer life from the carp to the boy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2015, 12:31:57 am »

Transfer life from the carp to the boy.
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2015, 12:57:54 am »

Stone
Hunter
Carpbeast

(2)vs(4) You try to lay your hands on the carpbeast, but the agile creature eludes you as your hands slip right off!

(5)vs(1) The Hunter stabs the carpbeast right in its side. The monster gurgles and flails wildly. You can see the wound on its side becoming grey, with the skin around it drying out and beginning to chip off in flakes. The carpbeast is poisoned!

"Stand back! If it touches you, you'll be poisoned as well!"

(3)vs(3) The beast leaps on you, with wild fury in its eyes. Its claws sink into your flesh, and its poisoned fluids fall on you! You have been poisoned!

Suddenly, as if detecting the dark taint, your Holy Icon begins to glow. It opens one of its compartments and reveals a long syringe. It pierces your skin, drawing blood, and closes once more.

--...===..
--..||....

0=You
--=River
 ==Barricade
[]=Trap
 9=Hunter
 8=Carp-beast

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Effects:
-Poisoned (Take one damage.) (2 turns left.)

((Okay, things I gathered from this.

Poison:
-It doesn't do damage outright. It lasts two turns and does two damage unless you cure it before the end of your turn. Antidotes are always available in shops.
-Poison doesn't trigger retribution since it doesn't do outright damage.
-Poisoned units can poison other units with their attacks as long as they are still Poisoned.

Movement:
-You can move and attack, move and prepare an action, or move and do something else.
-You can split up your movement. IE, you can move three spaces, attack, and move three more spaces.
-Wearing armor reduces movement speed by 1. Wearing a weapon reduces it by 1.

Combat:
-When an opponent rolls his attack and the defender rolls the exact amount, the attacker wins. Just like above, the beast and you both rolled 3, but it was the attacker, so it won.

If you feel any of these is broken or you have any suggestions, please feel free to say so! That's what this game is for anyway.))
Dying of laughter?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2015, 01:10:24 am »

(2)vs(4) You try to lay your hands on the carpbeast, but the agile creature eludes you as your hands slip right off!
Needing to touch targets of transfer life is annoying and should have been specified earlier.

Poison:
-Poisoned units can poison other units with their attacks as long as they are still Poisoned.
Poison doesn't work that way ffs

That's stupid.

Effects:
What was the point of the holy icon syringe then?

Did retribution get activated? The carp clawed us after all

> Retrieve antidote from medkit. Use on self.
> Use Transfer life on boy, drawing from our divine power to heal him.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:13:31 am by Demonic Spoon »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2015, 01:28:23 am »

Needing to touch targets of transfer life is annoying and should have been specified earlier.

Sorry. Spells will be fixed.

Poison:
Poison doesn't work that way ffs

That's stupid.

Well, you've only got four Health States. I had to make poison more dangerous than "apply and wait for eventual success" since most monsters don't really buy antidotes.

Stupid how?

Effects:
What was the point of the holy icon syringe then?

You'll see next turn.

Nope.
Dying of laughter?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2015, 01:29:46 am »

Nope.
Why not? even if you disregard the poison thing, he still attacked us with his claws. Did his claws not do any damage.

Sorry. Spells will be fixed.
Fixed where?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2015, 01:39:16 am »

When your Health state is reduced, it's because something was painful and debilitating enough to reduce it. The boy had his arm crushed by the carpbeast. Now he has great difficulty in doing things with both hands, keeping his focus for long, etc.

You can't punch the monster and hope to hurt it. If you had a weapon, you could hurt it. You have your Transfer Life and Retribution spells to do damage.

His claws hurt you, but they didn't debilitate you. You can still move your arms, stay calm, etc.

Fixed where?

I'll change it on the next update in the spell list. I'll categorize them into Melee, Ranged, AoE and Aura.
Dying of laughter?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2015, 01:43:44 am »

When your Health state is reduced, it's because something was painful and debilitating enough to reduce it. The boy had his arm crushed by the carpbeast. Now he has great difficulty in doing things with both hands, keeping his focus for long, etc.

You can't punch the monster and hope to hurt it. If you had a weapon, you could hurt it. You have your Transfer Life and Retribution spells to do damage.

His claws hurt you, but they didn't debilitate you. You can still move your arms, stay calm, etc.
So damage is only measured in health states and his claws didn't actually do anything mechanically?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2015, 01:49:38 am »

Yup! It'd be annoying to have to heal everytime you stubbed your toe.
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5