Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Paladin (TSG): Deus Vult  (Read 4455 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Paladin (TSG): Deus Vult
« on: May 27, 2015, 05:49:17 am »

(This game is going to be a test for a system for my rtd. It's also set in the same setting, just a different city with a lot of different things. The most important difference between this and the rtd is that you won't be leaving the city. All the dungeons and fighting will be under the city.)

Long ago, a man known only as the Trickster slew all the gods of Anchor. The God of Light was snuffed out. The God of Life was ended. The God of Justice faced judgement. Many other gods were killed in his wake as well. The Trickster gathered them together and killed them all, bringing about hundreds of years of darkness. Life could no longer be created naturally, and mass-cloning vats were created to sustain the population.

The ones who rule Anchor now are the Godless, a cult of misotheists who took the place of the gods who ruled Anchor. They administrate their own law, working with what little technology they have. They have outlawed the praise and worship of gods, instead following human leaders like the Trickster. They have elaborate festivals where effigies of the old gods are burned and offered to statues of the Trickster.

You, an average citizen of Anchor, was contacted by a god a thousand years dead. He has granted you incredible powers beyond your imaginings. Now the god wants to be resurrected, and bring back the glory of Anchor. You are his instrument, Paladin.

Name: (Your name.)
-Human (A rare occurrence for a clone to be a near-perfect human.)
-Mutant (The majority of the population, bearing useful and harmful mutations.)
-Cyborg (The middle-class. Those who can afford to replace their imperfections with cybernetics.)

Starting Gear: (Choose two.)
-Mace
-Rifle
-Wastehide Armor
-Scrap Armor
-Holy Icon
-Medkit

Spells: (You know all these. Pick two to install for the first day.)
-Transfer Life (Take and give life. Take a health state from a source or yourself and give that health state to yourself or someone else. Three times per use.)
-Blinding Light (Cause everyone but you to become blinded. When not in use, provides light indefinitely until used.)
-Inspire (Through words or actions, your allies gain a +1 bonus to their next roll. Three times per use.)
-Smite (Immediately cause one damage to target's health without having to roll. Melee. Two times per use.)
-Chain (Keeps the target in place until freed by the Paladin. Cannot be broken.)
-Clairvoyance (Shows the correct doors to go through.)
-Retribution (Designate a target. When that target is damaged, the damage is redirected to the attacker. Two times per use.)

God: (Only one can be resurrected.)
-God of Light (Bring back the light to Anchor. Banish all the monsters that lurk there.) (Free Blinding Light spell that doesn't take up a slot. Instantly kills undead, except undead bosses and warded undead.)
-God of Life (Bring back the ability to create true life. Unturn all the undead in Anchor.) (Transfer Health can take vitality from the divine essence within you without harming you.)
-God of Justice (Bring back the divine justice system to stop all the bandits, thieves, murderers and the Godless for good.) (Smite does double damage. Roll a d6. On a 6, it kills instantly.)

(You can resurrect minor gods along the way, each time giving you unique powers and benefits.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:25:43 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin (TSG)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 06:01:52 am »

Just how big a problem are undead and monsters generally speaking?

Can transfer life heal harmful mutations and the like?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 06:04:55 am »

This game looks f*cking awesome.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:10:02 am »

Name: Our name is has been cast off like the unnecessary burden it is! All that matters now is our service to our god! We are known only as the PALADIN OF LIFE!
Race:
-Cyborg (The middle-class. Those who can afford to replace their imperfections with cybernetics.)

THROUGH OUR IMPERFECTIONS WE BECOME SOMETHING GREATER! DEUS VULT!

Starting Gear: (Choose two.)
-Holy Icon
-Medkit

OUR FAITH IS OUR ARMOUR! WE NEED NO WEAPON FOR WE ARE A AGENT OF PEACE!

Spells: (You know all these. Pick two to install for the first day.)
-Transfer Life (Take and give life. Take a health state from a source or yourself and give that health state to yourself or someone else. Three times per use.)
-Retribution (Designate a target. When that target is damaged, the damage is redirected to the attacker. Two times per use.)

LET HE WHO CASTS THE FIRST STONE GET SMITED LIKE THE FILTHY BLASPHEMER HE IS!

God: (Only one can be resurrected.)
-God of Life (Bring back the ability to create true life. Unturn all the undead in Anchor.) (Transfer Health can take vitality from the divine essence within you without harming you.)

LIFE RETURNS TO THIS WORLD! REJOICE YE PEASANTS!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:14:54 am by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 06:11:02 am »

Name:
-Human

Starting Gear:
-Rifle
-Holy Icon

Spells:
-Inspire (Through words or actions, your allies gain a +1 bonus to their next roll. Three times per use.)

God:

Picking Human because we'll be upper-class.
Picking Rifle because guns>everything.
Picking Holy Icon because it's unlikely we'll get another and it'll help with converting people to our side.
Spells+God of Life so we can raise minions/convert people to our cause more easily and play a support character during battles. We are THE paladin and if we die, that's it. We should have other people fight for us while we stay behind them keeping them alive.

I have no idea for gender or name.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 06:14:06 am »

Race:
-Human

ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED IT THEMSELVES CAN TRULY UNDERSTAND THE PLIGHT OF THE COMMON MAN!

((Also, rifles require bullets and we have paladin !!GODMAGIC!! on our side!))
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:22:14 am by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 06:16:37 am »

Race:
-Human

ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED IT THEMSELVES CAN UNDERSTAND THE PLIGHT OF THE COMMON MAN!
Once we bring back the creation of true life we will BE the common man. Also, while I don't think we should be quite as....eccentric as you're planning our character to be, I wholeheartedly agree that 'Deus Vult' should be our battlecry.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:18:41 am by Andres »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 06:18:12 am »

Race:
-Human

ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED IT THEMSELVES CAN UNDERSTAND THE PLIGHT OF THE COMMON MAN!
Once we bring back the creation of true life we will BE the common man. Also, while I don't think we should be quite as....eccentric as you're planning our character to be, I must insist that 'Deus Vult' should be our battlecry.
Not for at least three decades mate. It'll take at least two generations for vanilla humans to become the norm. And that's assuming the Godless don't ruthlessly suppress natural reproduction. Chemical castration drugs in the water supply and the like.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 06:22:10 am »

Race:
-Human

Once we bring back the creation of true life we will BE the common man. Also, while I don't think we should be quite as....eccentric as you're planning our character to be, I must insist that 'Deus Vult' should be our battlecry.
Not for at least three decades mate. It'll take at least two generations for vanilla humans to become the norm. And that's assuming the Godless don't ruthlessly suppress natural reproduction. Chemical castration drugs in the water supply and the like.
OUR DIVINE LORD SHALL CLEANSE THE WATER OF THE FOUL HERETIC'S POISON!
<.<
>.>
I mean....we can just use our magic to counteract the chemicals.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 06:23:54 am »

Race:
-Human

OUR DIVINE LORD SHALL CLEANSE THE WATER OF THE FOUL HERETIC'S POISON!
<.<
>.>
I mean....we can just use our magic to counteract the chemicals.
DEUS VULT!

((Not on the scale of millions we can't. At least not easily.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 06:25:16 am »

Once we've set up a priesthood we can have the churches be places to get water, all water being blessed beforehand by the priests.

EDIT: Actually, we're (or at least I) am thinking about this wrong. Our goal is to reintroduce true life. In order to do that, we'll need to capture the water supply. After that they wouldn't be able to poison the water in the first place. If they somehow manage anyway, the priests can just bless people with fertility.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:28:37 am by Andres »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 06:32:46 am »

Once we've set up a priesthood we can have the churches be places to get water, all water being blessed beforehand by the priests.

EDIT: Actually, we're (or at least I) am thinking about this wrong. Our goal is to reintroduce true life. In order to do that, we'll need to capture the water supply. After that they wouldn't be able to poison the water in the first place. If they somehow manage anyway, the priests can just bless people with fertility.
Actually, it's bigger than that, we need to overthrow the godless ruling caste in their entirety since they're explicitly enemies of the old gods.

Too bad justice god was (ironically) too morally grey for me. What happens to all those thieves? Do they get mindraped? Or do they just "disappear"? Especially considering this seems to be dystopia land so a lot of people are probably forced to steal just to survive.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:22:10 am by Demonic Spoon »

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 06:49:06 am »

Name:
-Human

Starting Gear:
-Rifle
-Holy Icon

Spells:

God:

Picking Rifle because guns>everything.
Picking Holy Icon because it's unlikely we'll get another and it'll help with converting people to our side.
Spells+God of Life so we can raise minions/convert people to our cause more easily and play a support character during battles. We are THE paladin and if we die, that's it. We should have other people fight for us while we stay behind them keeping them alive.

I have no idea for gender or name.
+1 Gender male and we have no name

Also rifle doesn't seem very paladin maybe we should get a mace.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 07:03:41 am »

Space Marines from Warhammer 40k use guns and their whole thing is paladins IN SPACE!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 07:04:42 am »

-snip -PALADIN OF LIFE! - omited screaming & zealoutry-
+1

I'm down with this one, even the zealous part. Just a bit lighter on the caps. Else, what to do if we truly get into the zealous swing? Screaming in even bigger letters would be an option, but.. nah.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5