Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 914683 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread , Now with meaningless poll!
« Reply #3270 on: February 07, 2017, 04:25:16 pm »

...............Kinky.
Black lives matter.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: February 07, 2017, 05:45:39 pm »

Snip
Would you be willing to ask your friend if he'd be willing to pass on the ruleset/setting? It sounds like the sort of game that's been floating around my head for a while.

He's a bit of a perfectionist and I think wants to commercially own something that turns out to be a real winner. But I'll see what he thinks.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: February 07, 2017, 05:53:35 pm »

So how many folks lost character sheets when Mythweavers FUBAR'd?

* Sirus raises his hand with tears rolling down his face
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: February 07, 2017, 06:04:04 pm »

I don't think he's got the rules to the place he wants them or really codified. But he's some of the campaign materials he said I could post.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: February 07, 2017, 06:28:28 pm »

So how many folks lost character sheets when Mythweavers FUBAR'd?

* Sirus raises his hand with tears rolling down his face

omg I thought I was fine until I clicked on the name

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: February 07, 2017, 07:11:04 pm »

snip
That's really awesome! If he's ever looking for outside playtesting, I'd love to try it out!

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: February 07, 2017, 07:59:31 pm »

snip

That is neat. Seems like it could scale pretty well to a PbtA-style rulebook that only takes up a few pages. I'd be interested in seeing suggestions for coming up with oaths (collaboratively with the group?), since nothing you've said so far sounds like it wouldn't translate to a non-Arthurian/non-Soulsy setting.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: February 07, 2017, 11:11:26 pm »

I'm digging that Oath of Chivalry. Puts me in a Paladin style mood again. My second favourite class after Conjuration Wizards.

Loveshack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: February 08, 2017, 11:37:29 am »

I'm Nenjin's friend.  You can AMA about the Grail Quest game -
but I won't reveal the full rules because they are in no shape to be picked apart.  Specifically I mean the character creation rules; I'm obsessed with game balance and this is the least balanced game I've ever designed... In fact I gave only passing and arbitrary thought to character balance. I threw it together in about 10 hours of solid work over the course of 20 days and largely in stream-of-consciousness fashion.

P.S. I'm a career lurker and do not understand the ways you surface-dwellers, so preemptive apologies for any inevitable forum faux pas.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: February 08, 2017, 11:46:30 am »

I'm digging that Oath of Chivalry. Puts me in a Paladin style mood again. My second favourite class after Conjuration Wizards.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: February 13, 2017, 08:02:19 pm »

Quick question - I'm sure it's an obvious answer, but I just want to check.

In 3.5, if you're using Metamagic (say to Empower something, thereby using up a spell slot 2 higher than the usual required one), can you substitute in an even higher slot than should be required? Like if I want to cast Empowered Magic Missile, but I'm out of level 3 slots, can I use a level 4 spell slot?

yeah, you can do that.

Quote from: D20 SRD
A spellcaster always has the option to fill a higher-level spell slot with a lower-level spell
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: February 13, 2017, 11:25:59 pm »

Got a new player in the group, playing a Rogue/Cleric. The player he's replacing was booted after failing to come several weeks in a row, with poor excuses, if any. Most of it was him saying he can't join because he wanted to play a different game with a different group.

We're still trying to invade this keep, and still keep having near-death experiences. Ogre-Kin are tougher than actual Ogres, it seems. Though neither are as tough as the Hill Giants. They're also shit at names. One of the Leader's enforcers named himself the Slaughtering Slaughterer who Slaughters.

Just waves after waves of enemies.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: February 14, 2017, 01:56:56 am »

Thats... Rather simplistic.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: February 14, 2017, 04:14:08 am »

Sounds about right for Ogre-kin though. They rely on their brute strength to win battles, not smart tactics.

Now if it was Drow, you'd expect to have ambushes and poisonous weapons. If you were fighting Dwarves, you'd be up against impossibly well defended choke points. Against Elves, you'd have a torrent of arrows and spells pouring down on you during combat. So long as the DM is playing the race true to their nature, it's good.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: February 14, 2017, 09:35:05 am »

Technically, it's supposed to be a standard dungeon-crawl were we go room to room and fight them that way, but they know we're here, and it doesn't make sense for them to sit and wait for us to come to them. Plus we have two heavily-armoured Paladins and two people with guns, so it's not like stealth is an option.

At least we don't have to fight the Orcs. We're still going to end the Orcs, since Sense Motive told us they're planning on killing us later so they can keep the fort for themselves. They set up camp in the fort's dried up moat, so we'll just blow the dam they set up next session. Hope we can still go back and loot their flooded camp; I really want that frying pan.

Lately I've just been thinking of new character builds. Some cool new stuff in Pathfinder's Psychic Anthology, including a heavily armoured Kineticist archetype, and two Spiritualist archetypes that I have my eye on.

One gets a ghost-weapon in place of their Phantom, which acts similar to a Magus Black-Blade, and the other trades out their Phantom for a ghostly Animal Companion. The Kineticist can only attack with their Kinetic Blast using Kinetic Blade and any Form Infusions that require it as a prerequisite, but gains a lot of goodies in return, including a short-ranged Pounce at level 13. My only complaint is that it's not full BAB, nor can you dual-wield blasts, but both of those would be ridiculously powerful.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 06:08:21 pm by BlackFlyme »
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 623