Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 913880 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread , Now with meaningless poll!
« Reply #2865 on: November 16, 2016, 06:13:10 am »

Probably just having a duded offer that?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: November 16, 2016, 07:48:06 am »

For me, yea thats exactly what happened. They have a group of players but no one wants to gm.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: November 16, 2016, 10:33:35 pm »

Time for me to review what happened last Wednesday's session so it's clear in my mind...  Particularly since it was, ah, a strange night in a lot of ways...
Pretty weird in-game too, as I recall.  (Said recall is particularly imperfect this session, though).

Previously, we carbombed a bunch of vampires while sitting across from said vampires.  That turned out a lot better than expected.  For one thing, it wasn't traced to us, we drove away clean.  On the downside one of us died (That technically wasn't my fault!  We just messed up the rolls a bit then rolled with it). 

Our publicist friend had been taken hostage by the vampires, he was set free.  We chilled in a hospital for about a week until the anthrax and flaming dildo lacerations healed.  Rather than suffer a week of anthrax, my character chose to hand control over to his demon (of sloth).  So the entire week passed for him in a dreamless coma.  Which actually sorta sucked, because he missed some more trippy dream-visions.

He's the only character who actually cares about the dream visions, the two red stars, or Captain Murphy...  Basically Brian is going full-cultist, yet he's the only one who missed revelation this week XD  The others are too busy reveling in their vices and powers to care about the end of the world.
Well that isn't fair...  We're all still working together to record the crazy stuff on ground level!  Gotta get those likes, subscribes, and ad dollars.

I don't have the dream I missed handy, but it was similar to this earlier one: https://youtu.be/kfoJUeyMsOE
The others also dreamwalked into a Family Circus strip where Billy was murdering everybody, or something.

Anyway, we checked out of the hospital.  Sean punched Brian for setting off a car bomb 10 ft away, but Brian satisfied his pride with apology and we were good.  Maybe fortunate that the wrath character died :P
(That's what you get for always pushing us off things when he's asleep, fucko)

There's this creepy possessed kid who self-identifies as our biggest fan.  I... think he met us back in Stem when we got home to Jen's house.  Which is bad because last time we left, he was in prison.  I'm pretty sure he's a shapechanger?  I know he killed two cops and ate one of their guns.

Well basically he forgave us for calling the cops on him.  And beating him up, and leaving him in jail.  (I think he might have an ulterior motive guize).  However the meeting went, I took down some notes on what he said:
The vampires are being so inept because the red stars are acting like mini-suns, and that's driven away (destroyed?) their elders.  So we were dealing with desperate fledglings, which explains a lot.  (Also, I think... yeah, a vampire actually came on live TV and broke the Masquerade.  Basically begging for help, I think.  HI-LARIOUS)

Honestly...  That all may have been of minor importance, mostly ~WoRlDbUiLdInG~ and me keeping notes in public for some reason.  My character found it important, anyway >:

Then we got a job up in Virginia, weird lights.  We investigated, a creepy little demon-possessed girl got in a pissy fit with Sean.  Brian kowtowed and we received safe passage.  The lights were up a mountain.  We drove to the top (Sean insisted he could get the van up the abandoned fireroad... and DID.  Once there, Brian stayed at the van as they investigated a strange stake surrounded by sigils.

In exchange for the corpse of our dead companion, and our memories of him, we each received a true answer about the world.  We basically just confirmed...  Captain Murphy helped summon the dual stars.  There are other cults involved.  These are the end days.

We left, heavily scorched by sacrificial fire (except my character who is smart).

Had this sitting for a few days, finished it up in bits during current session.
We're in a trailer park, watching a cult lead by FUCKING AZRAEL, which has a LITERAL FUCKING HELL-PORTAL in its basement.
Almost all the clergy being children
And they're basically hinting that they have a problem with werewolves
So they opened a gate to hell which is attempting to fray our sanity

I know what side I'm on, a different cult, but basically we're all clutching our heads and sighing.
And also planning to murder one particular guy who we won a race against.
Long story?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2868 on: November 17, 2016, 02:26:15 am »

"This campaign has basically turned into The Babysitter Club: the RPG." - DM.

We're playing a post-apocalyptic Pathfinder campaign, where some cataclysmic planar event has killed not-quite-everyone or moved them to another plane. But one of the survivors is a young fetchling girl, and since our party consists of: a fatherly farmer-turned-druid, a wandering healer who loves everyone, a distinguished goblin who desperately wants to be accepted, and a duelist and a ranger who are just generally nice guys, most of what we've done has at least on the surface had to do with helping her.

For instance, we just broke through a heavily-trapped hatch into a ruined inn's cellar, ostensibly seeking porridge because that's what Lyra wanted for breakfast. We were actually looking for a lot of other things (like food in general, and utility items), but that was the reason we declared. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: November 17, 2016, 07:21:42 am »

That is fucking adorable.
Black lives matter.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: November 17, 2016, 08:11:59 am »

Reminds me of Noh.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: November 19, 2016, 07:27:57 pm »

Had an idea for a D&D magic item earlier a few days ago. Now, I've never really played a caster in tabletop, so I don't really have much of a clue what is possible, so I'm wondering how viable this would actually be to, basically, kill a good-aligned person, hollow them out and wear their resurrected skin as a garment to confuse "detect alignment" spells.

Do reanimated things automatically become evil? Would it be possible to, instead of killing them, just use some sort of restorative magic to keep them alive whilst skinning them, possibly the head intact and attached?

Can't remember if there was more to the idea, it was a few days ago but I just now got around to finishing the post.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: November 19, 2016, 07:55:24 pm »

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/special-materials#TOC-Angelskin
Pathfinder at the very least already has this.  You just need to skin and cure the hide of an angel.  Voila.   As for reanimating skin, I think there's some hard rules against just tissue undead but I can't be sure, otherwise in every game I've ever been in the answer is that yes, it does detect as evil if undead.   You could possibly have a soul-stone type item that traps the good person's soul and then can cast http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/u/undetectable-alignment once a day.

It's a spell in 3.5 as well Undetectable Alignment.
Honestly the GM/Player really gets to choose how the magic item in question looks, but if you are wearing a skin-suit... even though you might not detect as evil it probably will look evil as all heck to anyone who know's their skins.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:57:12 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: November 19, 2016, 07:58:57 pm »

Undead aren't automatically evil...

But remember the setting. Unintelligent undead are TECHNICALLY true neutral but the makeup of their bodies make them detect as evil (Then again they have a natural hostility towards all living. If left to their own devices all unintelligent undead will kill the living)

Intelligent Undead can be of other alignments but the nature of undead tends to push them towards evil USUALLY... and a few outright force them to either corrupt to evil over time or just flat out make them evil.

Ghosts are a type of undead that is consistently any alignment.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 01:11:03 pm by Neonivek »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: November 20, 2016, 03:56:15 am »

I have a terrible habit of almost killing my own party. This time I sprung a trap that spewed AoE negative energy every time it was struck. Though it had to be struck to be disabled. It could also be dispelled or disabled, but I didn't know that at the time.

All I knew was that it was what anchored all the ghosts in the area to the Material Plane, so thump, thump, thump I went. Those ghosts were nasty, too. Damn near killed some of the bulkiest members of the party.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: November 20, 2016, 06:15:22 pm »

I finally started a D&D (5e) group with my friends. The DM accidentally crafted a rather... interesting world. Apparently we're adventuring in a fantasy version of the (mesoamerican-controlled) valley of mexico, and elves come from the equivalent of europe, represented mostly by the DM speaking in a portuguese accent when roleplaying any elf. Party itself is nearly all casters: gnome cleric (me), half-elf sorcerer, gnome mage, human bard, and elf rogue.

And our luck is really weird. In combat, we roll low. Hell, I've rolled two 1s in a row. But outside combat? It's close to 20 if not 20 itself, all the time.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: November 20, 2016, 06:23:32 pm »

Just finished running an interesting boss fight. I wanted my boss to be a wizard with space powers. But not a full blaster wizard or anything. So instead I had them tonked up on protective buff spells[Most notably Improved Blink] and meleeing with an umbrella spear alongside weak summoned minions.

And wow does a 50% miss chance and reasonably high AC work wonders for damage reduction[Some actual racial damage reduction didn't hurt either]. It took six turns for him to even take a single hit. Like, if you gave those buffs to someone who could deal more then 1d6+1 damage per turn, they'd be quite nasty.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: November 26, 2016, 03:00:41 am »

Ok if there is one thing I have to give HUGE credit for as far as how Celestials function in Dungeons and dragons... It is how Pathfinder handles Angels AND one other celestial faction I forgot the name of.

Angels are GOOD Outsiders... Not Lawful, not neutral, not chaotic... They are good. It doesn't mean they are the most good. Their gimmick is they represent a evolving or reactionary good. The cost for this are that Angels are by far the most corruptible of the four main celestial groups.

The other are a Neutral Good Outsider. In that while they are good they do not oppose evil and believe it has a place in the universe (unheard of in Dungeons and dragon's blind morality play). Certainly they oppose evil quite often but only so much that evil kind of... does pretty nasty things.

Honestly say what you will about Pathfinder but I actually like how it sets up its universe far better in a LOT of places. Heck the way it separates its Infernals is also excellent with destroyers, dominators, and defilers.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: November 26, 2016, 04:26:00 am »

Agathions, I think. Animal-like Neutral Good Outsiders. Not to be mistaken for Archons, which are also often animalistic in form. Or Azatas, which are also often animalistic in form.

My problem with the Evil Outsiders is that it's a bloated category. We have Oni, Asura, Qlippoth, Demon, Devil, Daemon, Demodand, Sahkil, Divs, Kytons, Rakshasa, and probably more that I'm forgetting. Though the bloating complaint could be applied to just about anything in the game.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: November 26, 2016, 09:30:04 am »

I usually limit myself to Bestiary 1&2, the bloat gets a bit out of hand after that. On the other hand, I happily source templates from anywhere. That way at least a horde of zombies is slightly more interesting when a couple of them also start belching out Cloudkill spells.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 623