Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 913865 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (or just about any PnP game, really), share your experiences.
« Reply #2760 on: September 15, 2016, 12:19:04 pm »

-snip-
That all sounds pretty cool. I especially like how you get to explore how your vampire has changed from when they were human and getting to visit the past without having to worry about paradoxes.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (or just about any PnP game, really), share your experiences.
« Reply #2761 on: September 15, 2016, 12:57:53 pm »

I'm running a game in my highschool. I introduced a druid with an appearance similar to Terraria's Dryad, and the party full of underdeveloped teens started giggling and trying to gain her favor. So far, she's the only female character I've introduced and it's the second session.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: September 15, 2016, 01:29:53 pm »

Rocks Fall, Everyone is Impotent.

Meanwhile, I'm putting together a Warlord (Path of War 3rd-party class, it's pretty cool). The DM is pretty lenient on a few things so I'm able to play an Orc, and with a +1 Vicious Earthbreaker at third level, to boot. With the weapon's damage, my Strength bonus, and Vicious, I do a minimum of 13 damage per hit. :D

Since my teammates consist of a human magus with a Blinkback belt and shitton of throwing weapons, an Owen Grady imitator with a steam motorcycle, and some guy I forgot who constantly cries acid and has this really awesome winged wolf partner, I'm really looking forward to the campaign.
Black lives matter.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: September 15, 2016, 03:32:28 pm »

I'm running a game in my highschool. I introduced a druid with an appearance similar to Terraria's Dryad, and the party full of underdeveloped teens started giggling and trying to gain her favor. So far, she's the only female character I've introduced and it's the second session.

Punish them if they get out of hand.

Throw sex ghosts at them. Teach them about GhoSTDs the hard way. It'll be like a life lesson.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: September 15, 2016, 06:28:53 pm »

Become Pavlov.

When female characters are around, make bad stuff happen, but don't link it to them directly. Like, maybe the Dryad comes to talk to them and the party is attacked by bandits. Or they go to meet the Lady of the town when SUDDENLY ASSASIN. Done correctly, this will train your players to fear the consequences of female interaction and guarantee you D&D sessions for years to come.

Some say that stunting the emotional growth of your peers to permit more tabletop is immoral. I believe its positively delightful compared to what we do to dwarfs.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: September 15, 2016, 07:07:45 pm »

Ha!  I was going to suggest succubi, pretty much along the same lines.  It's almost like they're in DND to punish players for going magical-realm.

Though...  You're saying consequences when female NPCs are around.  Can't agree with that.  Giving consequences for immaturity is one thing, associating women with trouble is something else :P

The brave adventurers should be able to treat a powerful druid with respect, especially once rebuffed.  Harmless flirting is harmless but it soon becomes disrespectful.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: September 16, 2016, 01:00:28 pm »

Harmless flirting is harmless but it soon becomes disrespectful.
It immediately became disrespectful, the Aarakocra in the group decided to fly up and perch on her shoulders while she was addressing some soldiers and hunters. She then blinked away and scolded him for his actions. Later, the Druid turned into a burrowing animal and started running away as soon as the party got into a fight, after saying that she must do something. Most of the party then regarded her as a coward, and the player of the Aarakocra said he's gonna try and get the druid in bed with him.

Any !!FUN!! ways to deal with this dumbassery? Maybe termites?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: September 16, 2016, 01:21:51 pm »

I again suggest incorporeal creatures. Bastards to deal with. Though I imagine that an incorporeal swarm would be even worse.

Find something that leaves some nasty after effects. They're ethereal, and venereal!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: September 16, 2016, 01:30:24 pm »

Be careful how you handle this problem, your response has to be measured, you actually can't afford to go overboard.  Handing out some consequences for the party's behavior is warranted, but if it goes beyond consequences and into retribution, you are abusing your position as DM.

Keep in mind that the group is there to have fun, not to blindly follow the story you have created.  This occasionally turns into situations like you have here, your job in these instances is to try to keep things flowing, not mete out punishment.  The simplest solution here is to have the druid leave.  There are many adventurers after all, and the players are being disrespectful, so take away the target and move them on to something else.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: September 16, 2016, 01:43:52 pm »

Be careful how you handle this problem, your response has to be measured, you actually can't afford to go overboard.  Handing out some consequences for the party's behavior is warranted, but if it goes beyond consequences and into retribution, you are abusing your position as DM.

Keep in mind that the group is there to have fun, not to blindly follow the story you have created.  This occasionally turns into situations like you have here, your job in these instances is to try to keep things flowing, not mete out punishment.  The simplest solution here is to have the druid leave.  There are many adventurers after all, and the players are being disrespectful, so take away the target and move them on to something else.

Yeah, pretty much this. Have the druid be looking for other adventurers (generate a party of NPCs with NPC classes, for example, that are more than willing to work for a reduced rate, but are also blisteringly incompetent once they get down to the actual job for hilarity). Roleplay the horrible lot in life that a druid must deal with, compromising either her objectives or her dignity in dealing with a party determined to be assholes to her. Have her be less cooperative, but don't veer into retribution. Have her interpret the Aarakocra's player's advances as attempting to make amends, and if he makes a shameless move after initially winning her over with seeming sincerity, have that be what makes her snap and try to tear him limb from limb in bear form, or try and lead them to their deaths (possibly turning her Neutral Evil in the process). Have them befriend an absolutely horrible NPC that enjoys their antics! Play up the conflict rather than try to shut it down. Drama!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 01:45:35 pm by Harry Baldman »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: September 16, 2016, 02:03:49 pm »

In the "Fresher's Fayre" (in which school clubs are introduced at the start of the year, each holding a stall to attract potential new members) I was surprised to discover a DnD club. Didn't think it was a very popular in the UK right now. Sadly it was run by a bunch of eleven year olds, so probably wouldn't be as interesting as the stuff I hear about on here... the roleplay would not be humourous or involving, and I doubt there would be much deviation from the main rulebook...
One wheel short of a wagon

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: September 16, 2016, 02:15:47 pm »

Man, players are dropping left and right. I might not pull through with trying to DM if I'm left with a group I don't want to DM for :/

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: September 16, 2016, 09:46:14 pm »

Yeah, pretty much this. Have the druid be looking for other adventurers (generate a party of NPCs with NPC classes, for example, that are more than willing to work for a reduced rate, but are also blisteringly incompetent once they get down to the actual job for hilarity).
I'm pretty sure that my party would easily out-dumb the "incompetent" party, and there's little-to-no cohesion within the party, either.
Meow.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: September 17, 2016, 02:03:18 am »

I gotta say, my group's samurai is rocking the game currently. They're level 5, and he's pretty much carried the party to where they are now. Just recently had an encounter with a basilisk, and since he had blind-fight, it was up to him to tank the beastie while everyone else cowered inside an Obscuring Mist spell. It took him just two hits to take it down, though a big critical right at the start helped. They'll be talking about that one for awhile no doubt.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: September 17, 2016, 03:27:25 am »

I'm pretty sure that my party would easily out-dumb the "incompetent" party, and there's little-to-no cohesion within the party, either.

Make a valiant attempt to out-dumb them, then. It'll be a fun DMing challenge.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 623