Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 912892 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Praise Pathos.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Oh yes, that'd be cool to watch. I've always been partial to using little systems like that to turn a game about careful consideration of build paths into random chance, it's interesting to see what people come up with from the strange combinations of stuff they get.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

The DM is currently making NPCs right now, so those are random as well. I'm actually expecting some far realm stuff to take place with all the chaos going on...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

The DM is currently making NPCs right now, so those are random as well. I'm actually expecting some far realm stuff to take place with all the chaos going on...

A land of malformed entities assembled from incomplete fragments of a more coherent world? Sounds like Far Realm material to me.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A land of malformed entities assembled from incomplete fragments of a more coherent world? Sounds like Far Realm material to me.
Reminds me of 4e Forgotten Realms...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reminds me of 4e Forgotten Realms...
In what sense?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because every time a new edition comes out, WotC takes a hammer, smashes the Forgotten Realms to pieces, then tries to shoehorn the broken fragments of it into their new edition's shape.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because every time a new edition comes out, WotC takes a hammer, smashes the Forgotten Realms to pieces, then tries to shoehorn the broken fragments of it into their new edition's shape.
I do admit, the 4e forgotten realms was horrible. Spell Scars and the fact several rifts to the underdark were around really fucked it up.

With Mystra (I spelled it wrong I think) coming back to life, it's good to see that 5e managed to get rid of the spell scarred thing. It was cool, but the fact it spread sucked. Usually when one party member has it, the others get it over time

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

I could live without the Forgotten Realms entirely to be honest.  I've never liked the setting, and the fact that so many people equate it to the default D&D experience saddens me.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

4th Edition suffered very heavily from how the developers clearly wanted a completely new setting but didn't want to give up Forgotten Realms' brand recognition. The solution they came up with involved, among other things, literally dropping their new setting on top of the FR world with whole continents just being erased without purpose.
Love, scriver~

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4e was interesting to say the least. I think with the whole thing with 4e was they tried to simplify it and make it more access able to new players, but made it a clusterfuck. It's almost impossible to have a 4e game without some sort of character builder due to how many abilities there are, how many races, classes, and so on.

I'm also surprised that a lot of things just bled out into the forgotten realms too...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

I've always preferred to do my own worldbuilding, so I was never really (retroactively) bothered by 4e changes to established settings. But what did bother me was that the 4e handbooks I bought didn't bother to file the serial numbers off of the "Points of Light" setting the devs were pushing. At least the guys writing the 3.5 handbooks had the courtesy to not outright say they expected you to be playing with Greyhawk.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love worldbuilding, but I have to admit I'm over maps. Specifically the one I'm making for my new campaign.

Ugh. So many trees...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm a shitty artists in both MSpaint and in drawing, so when I draw maps and give them to players, I tell them that it's from a 10 year old or something with a great spacial sense

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

I've hand-built every world I've run since I was twelve, the first worlds were silly and inconsistent, but the feeling of creating a setting and filling it with things for people to enjoy has always been my favorite part of being a DM/GM.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 623