Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 913552 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #1815 on: February 28, 2016, 12:55:29 pm »

I just realized I messed up when I crit last session. I took the burn as if I had used composite blasts, but only dealt damage as though I had attacked with a regular blast.

I should have rolled twice as many dice.
I just never stop using composite blasts. Blue flame is too good to not be used.

I wish there was an item or feat that allowed me to bypass fire immunity though...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: February 28, 2016, 01:25:06 pm »

Magic fire?
Black lives matter.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 02, 2016, 05:27:49 pm »

Question: I asked this before in the General discussion thread: is there any pathfinder online gaming group for Bay12?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 02, 2016, 05:30:37 pm »

There's GAMES, I'm pretty sure, but not necessarily a unified B12 GROUP.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 02, 2016, 11:40:31 pm »

I think Mastahcheese was thinking of having a thread where people jump in at any time, do a campaign that's done in an IC chat and works like a sort of hub for people who have D&D or Shadowrun or whatever kind of tabletop game characters where they interact in the forum like a tavern and then in the OP, he would put up quests that he or other people would DM and the person who requested it would provide an IC thread. The goal was to have this thread become the adventurer's guild for D&D players who didn't necessarily want the commitment of a long game (like I would run on here) and just wanted to have fun and experience the game. It was originally aimed to gather people who never played before to have a taste of what it was like. It could be a small campaign or a large one, but it wasn't an entire world, and you didn't have to worry about huge scale worlds or a deep immersive story (it could, but because it was mostly a dungeon crawl at most, it never really expected you to get fully immersed in the world as much as you just needed to flesh out your character). And since it could have players jump into different games, when they finish, they hop back into the "tavern thread" and wait until they saw another dungeon crawl or adventure they wanted to hop in. It also gave you the concept of a new party almost every time, giving the feel of a real "adventurer's guild".

At least, that was the dream...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 03, 2016, 07:13:53 pm »

I hate when I have a question, pop over to the official Pathfinder messageboards, and find that the devs have posted several statements that all disagree with each other.

Schrodinger's FAQ, as it were.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 03, 2016, 07:14:48 pm »

Oh god

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 03, 2016, 07:19:17 pm »

It happens a lot more than I'd like it to.

Do spell-like abilities allow you to qualify for certain feats, such as Arcane Strike? I texted my DM a while ago asking it, but haven't gotten a response yet.

For certain, a Rogue who took at least the Minor Magic talent is allowed to take caster-related feats, even though they aren't a spellcaster.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 03, 2016, 07:39:21 pm »

Hey, I finally got into a physical group for pathfinder.

Of which two thirds is family and one the remainder is the GM and their significant other.
 And wherein we just have so much odd stuff ongoing already, in the second session.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: March 03, 2016, 07:40:46 pm »

@Contradictions from the devs
There seems to be a ton of that in WoD books honestly.  Mostly direct contradictions in canon, since most of the books are written as by an unreliable narrator.  I think every single clan book claims Rasputin as a factually being a member.

Mechanics too, though.  Like the Mekhet book... just completely contradicts many aspects of the embrace.
That goes completely against the core rulebook.

It's kinda neat, though.  The whole system seems to put more focus on the storyteller and "what makes sense" than DND/PF.  Yeah there's rule 0...  But here it's a lot more explicit, because there are more ambiguities ("Use like, whatever skill+stat combo feels appropriate, maaaan") and lore contradictions ("The truth is... [REDACTED]").

On the whole I'm kinda loving it.  I took a break of several months because of a fuckin broken trip-character who dominated every encounter.  This feels perfect for a fresh start.

And I bet most of you already see the Tabletop Gaming topic, but I'm still going to share my account of our first session.  Since this is the "share your experiences" thread...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frankly I'm now rushing to differentiate my character from myself, because the last thing you want in a Vampire campaign is to be self-inserting too much.  The setting is fucked up, and not in the overexaggerated 40k way.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: March 04, 2016, 12:24:11 am »

Two DMs said you can't use SLAs to meet prerequisites. Not unexpected, given the amount of cheese that would enable.

So, I'm still short three feats from completing my build. And I have just under 40k gold that I don't know what to do with. I nabbed a Conductive enchantment on an Amulet of Mighty Fists so I can channel a Kinetic Blast as I Kinetic Fist things.

They think I can Nova hard now, just they wait and see what I'll be able to do soon.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: March 04, 2016, 12:47:28 am »

Isn't kinetic fist just a crappy version of kinetic blade? Or did they fix it?

I know one thing I got for my kineticist was healing items, like potions, mostly because you want to avoid damage that doesn't involve burn. I learned the hard way on my homebrew of my own version of a kineticist translated into 5e involved me doing one blast which ended up with me actually knocking myself out by turn 3 because 5e lacks the stats and the HP increases to actually cater to the burn effects. I still need to work on it, but preventing that lethal damage is essential in my books.

Sadly, I have a broken as shit healer in my party, so I don't need potions... Or anything else really, because I just got put on two duties now that our rules lawyer has taken the position as the party support: tank cannon and leader :-\

The first one is expected, since I made the character and kineticists are rediculous in terms of damage output and how tanky they can be, even as an artillery, it was expected. The role of a leader though is something my character doesn't want, mostly because he's kind of lazy and, like he does in combat, takes a back seat until he's really needed. He's pretty much the Saitama of the group, because he stopped caring when the party started calling him insane for being possessed sort of

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: March 04, 2016, 01:05:16 am »

I learned the hard way on my homebrew of my own version of a kineticist translated into 5e involved me doing one blast which ended up with me actually knocking myself out by turn 3 because 5e lacks the stats and the HP increases to actually cater to the burn effects. I still need to work on it, but preventing that lethal damage is essential in my books.
Have you considered using the Exhaustion mechanic?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: March 04, 2016, 01:06:18 am »

Kinetic Fist still scales slow, but it can fit better into two-weapon-fighting, natural attack spamming, or a Monk's Flurry. To TWF with Kinetic Blades or Whips, you need to use a Quickened or Doubled Metakinesis to create two instances of the weapons at once.

Plus getting your Mythic Tier to your effective level with the Elemental Bond ability from the Archmage helps a little.

I've been looking for items that protect against mind-control or possession, after last session. Too bad Protection From Evil isn't on the Permanency list.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: March 04, 2016, 01:26:33 am »

But doesn't kinetic fist ignore the count of attacks you get from flurry, etc?

I think you should consider buffing the will save alone. It can probably save your ass.

If you find anything that allows me to bypass fire immunity, feel free to share

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 623