Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 912781 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #1725 on: February 17, 2016, 10:20:26 am »

5e removed coup de grace.

According to the Google.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: February 17, 2016, 10:20:55 am »

Yeah. There isn't such a thing afaik in 5E.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: February 17, 2016, 11:15:26 am »

5e removed coup de grace.

According to the Google.
Which is sad, because I had so many moments where I could have done so in several spots...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 17, 2016, 02:58:13 pm »

However, an attack against an Unconscious or Paralyzed creature has advantage and is a critical if within 5 feet. Against a restrained opponent (e.g. tied up), they just have advantage.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1729 on: February 19, 2016, 12:39:39 pm »

So, my group got a Pathfinder game on Roll20 off the ground last night.

First off, I'm impressed with Roll20. It's actually a far more streamlined experience than playing in person, although that's helped by a few other circumstantial things like most of our players being experienced. The only issue was that it seemed to be willing to just roll over and accept its fate if the streams failed to connect on the first try, which eventually led to us switching to the Google Hangouts plugin, which worked perfectly.

Second, the session was awesome and hilarious. We knew we were going to be fighting mites, and probably at least one swarm pet, but the wizard assured the rest of the party that he could handle any swarms. Everyone took him at his word, since none of us had reason to doubt it.

We entered the room, and things started out pretty well. The mites got the jump on us, but the two darts they threw/shot at us didn't deal any damage. The paladin and I then shish-kebabbed one each, between a very good roll from the paladin and my ranged attack bonus, the sorceror stunned the other two, and the wizard moved to intercept where he thought the swarm would come from.

Then the swarm emerged and reduced him to one hitpoint in its first round. He tried to burning hands them, and... rolled a one.

Shenanigans ensued, as the sorceror tried to use colour spray on the swarm (not the player, the character :P), the wizard dropped below 0 and barely stabilised while the sorceror dragged him towards the door, and eventually my character ended up saving the day by driving the swarm back with a torch and following it up with a flask of some kind of alchemical fire brought in when we called for help.

Mainly, I find it funny 'cause my character is literally just some guy. He works a day job as a bowyer and takes shifts in the town guard sometimes. Meanwhile, the wizard is all mysterious and finely-dressed, the sorceror is all dark and edgy and finely-dressed, and the paladin is some kind of religious fanatic warrior.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 19, 2016, 01:17:24 pm »

So, my group got a Pathfinder game on Roll20 off the ground last night.

First off, I'm impressed with Roll20. It's actually a far more streamlined experience than playing in person, although that's helped by a few other circumstantial things like most of our players being experienced. The only issue was that it seemed to be willing to just roll over and accept its fate if the streams failed to connect on the first try, which eventually led to us switching to the Google Hangouts plugin, which worked perfectly.

Second, the session was awesome and hilarious. We knew we were going to be fighting mites, and probably at least one swarm pet, but the wizard assured the rest of the party that he could handle any swarms. Everyone took him at his word, since none of us had reason to doubt it.

We entered the room, and things started out pretty well. The mites got the jump on us, but the two darts they threw/shot at us didn't deal any damage. The paladin and I then shish-kebabbed one each, between a very good roll from the paladin and my ranged attack bonus, the sorceror stunned the other two, and the wizard moved to intercept where he thought the swarm would come from.

Then the swarm emerged and reduced him to one hitpoint in its first round. He tried to burning hands them, and... rolled a one.

Shenanigans ensued, as the sorceror tried to use colour spray on the swarm (not the player, the character :P), the wizard dropped below 0 and barely stabilised while the sorceror dragged him towards the door, and eventually my character ended up saving the day by driving the swarm back with a torch and following it up with a flask of some kind of alchemical fire brought in when we called for help.

Mainly, I find it funny 'cause my character is literally just some guy. He works a day job as a bowyer and takes shifts in the town guard sometimes. Meanwhile, the wizard is all mysterious and finely-dressed, the sorceror is all dark and edgy and finely-dressed, and the paladin is some kind of religious fanatic warrior.
Its always the simple looking guys who you have to worry about.

Its why my kineticist was dressed in the equivalent of a soldier's garb with some chainmail under it; he looks like some average dude carrying a shotgun, which, to most people, he looks boring as fuck. And then he starts taking burn and turns super sayain while setting everything on fire. His brother (my previous character before he died) was a ranger who looked like a barbarian, fought like one, acted like one but still was a ranger. It was hilarious because of his favored terrain plus his awesome fortitude, he walked in arctic climates in just his regular gear and wandered around going "Boy, its just like summer, eh?" and he didn't even wear cold weather clothing but resisted the freezing cold

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 19, 2016, 02:22:36 pm »

Whenever I actually get connected to a game, I've been considering running a character who's basically just a redshirt mass-infantry soldier with a pike and plain gear, only experienced enough to reach player-levels.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 19, 2016, 02:53:42 pm »

Whenever I actually get connected to a game, I've been considering running a character who's basically just a redshirt mass-infantry soldier with a pike and plain gear, only experienced enough to reach player-levels.
They're the best kind of characters because they'll be fighting a dragon or something terrifying and they just sit there like "man... This isn't what I expected to be doing..."

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 19, 2016, 02:55:54 pm »

"Gods dammit I was trying to retire!"

And of course it lets me be obnoxious levels of pragmatic, which is fun.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: February 19, 2016, 11:35:13 pm »

I had a cohort who became my main character for a few sessions, a sneaky knife-throwing rogue assassin who got shanghied into the good side by our party.

But then the party started swinging evil, and he lost a couple of HD due to... dying.  With less than a dozen max HP in a level 13-ish game, he politely excused himself.  Via note.  After vanishing in a puff of smoke and running the hell away to retire.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 19, 2016, 11:58:31 pm »

Session got canceled again...

At this rate, we're never going to continue the story of Haldor the Aasimar kineticist who skateboards on Oro the dead Kitsune turned statue

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 19, 2016, 11:59:55 pm »

what
Black lives matter.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 20, 2016, 12:02:07 am »

what
Pathfinder, ladies and gentlemen, where nothing ever makes sense. Especially the duregar wizard who deliberately acts like a stereotypical black dude and has been fisted or anally penetrated by about 5 or more different things, including an elephant's trunk, a robot, and a dracolich horn.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: February 20, 2016, 12:06:46 am »

Aasimar Kineticist? You using a variant heritage, or one of the mental-based archetypes? Base Aasi don't make for a great Con-based-blaster.

Though I can't say that using a flesh-to-stone sufferer as a portable skateboard is the weirdest thing I've heard. Some people would do that to Kitsune solely because they are Kitsune-fur-bait.

That Duergar is more fucked than normal ones. Normally I see them played as fatter Drow, rather than the more accurate overly-edgy Dwarves. Or the sexually deviant gangsta, in this case.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 12:22:19 am by BlackFlyme »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 20, 2016, 09:41:34 am »

He doesn't enjoy it, to say the least.

And he was killed and then he had flesh to stone cast on him as part of a ritual. I don't know why, but that made it so I can't incinerate his body.

And I did go a variant heritage, because again, this was a min-maxed character. And I hate him. He's boring, he's too strong to have fun battling his enemies, and his personality so far revolves around him being possessed (though possession isn't the right term, because any spells or things that remove that can't remove him, so I guess it's a form of magical insanity?) and everyone saying "don't listen to him, he's fucked up." So I never get to say anything. And the worst part is its only the rules lawyer and his girlfriend who start with that shit and everyone else just kind of piles on.

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 623