Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 917434 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread , Now with meaningless poll!
« Reply #4170 on: June 20, 2017, 05:00:28 pm »

If anyone wants to try something​ new I would be eternally grateful for 2-6 players for my game. My poor, poor, game that never got started due to complete​ lack of interest.

At first I thought I would be able to handle things via a strict schedule, then my car died (which almost torpedoed the whole thing), and finally I got access to a tablet​ leaving me in an even better position to run a game than I had in the first place. To make a long story short I can run a proper game now, I just need players.

I promise it won't suck too badly...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: Milo needs you, join today!
« Reply #4171 on: June 20, 2017, 05:34:22 pm »

Here, I'll even run a proper wartime recruiting ad for your group.  Good luck putting your group together.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: June 21, 2017, 08:21:24 am »

I am slightly conflicted about the new thread title, on the one hand it's a little embarrassing, on the other it may actually work...

In any case, thank you for the advertising!
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: June 21, 2017, 09:10:47 am »

If I can help fill out someone's table with something as simple as a title change, I'm happy to do so.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: June 22, 2017, 01:05:26 am »

on the other it may actually work...
Oh it's working. I am Inspired; while not recreating the character in my avatar exactly, since no back-stories and that character is 3 UNIVERSES old, I am creating a character with a similar appearance. Definitely not the same power level, though.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: June 22, 2017, 07:15:25 am »

Colour me intrigued. Might be a day or two before I can get a sheet in though.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: June 22, 2017, 07:21:05 am »

Hmm the upgraded Ranger looks pretty good all things considered.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: June 22, 2017, 07:53:26 am »

It's working all right, I'm currently running in circles getting character sheets straight! Ok, it's not really that bad, but I have four sign-ups with sheets submitted since yesterday. Considering I only want a max of six, I am a little worried that I may have to turn people away before long.

Now I just hope I can do a good job of running the game.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: June 22, 2017, 11:52:28 am »

Still need two more Guinnea pigs for a 1st edition game.

A reminder:

It'll be more closer to an endless dungeon crawl. It's to get me familiar with 1st edition and have some fun with you guys as we try to figure out this stuff

For those who submitted sheets to me, please be patient. I want a couple more players so you have a fighting chance (or have a couple more meat shields, up to you)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: June 22, 2017, 02:13:39 pm »

I have 5 out of 6 maximum players, so I really don't need the ad any more. Sounds like highmax could use one though :)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Congrats on filling up, your turn highmax.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Just shoot me a PM if you're interested. I'll help you build the character if you need it

Thanks for the boost.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

The first combat encounter is turning into a real "adventure". The players were given lots of clues pointing to danger, but also possible reward. When they reached the spot there was a clearing full of bodies (actually different iterations of the same creature) strongly hinting that the thing that was killing the poor dude had been in the area for some time.

Of course half the party tries to charge right in for one reason or another. The scout suggested looking round the edges first, and I hinted that heading right to the middle was a bad idea, but the smell of loot was too strong.

To make a long story short Mr looter got dogpiled (literally), then one of the healers forgot his magic harms Death aligned creatures... Guess Mr Looter's alignment?

Lucky for him I decided there would be no deaths in the first encounter, or he would be dead twice over!

To be fair the party was mostly split down the middle between cautious and irresponsible, so it's not really his fault. I think it's probably just everyone getting used to the game...

Still kinda funny though. (Hopefully no one else gets "killed")

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

I loot the darkness  :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The next session of my Mutants and Masterminds campaign should be... interesting. The gist of this story is a group of friends all getting powers, but a bunch of them go villain, a bunch hero. The heroes of the bunch were supposed to be a slight obstacle to the players in some ways - trying to stop them from involving the cops, insisting on negotiation and the power of friendship, etc. - but as things turned out last session, my players hilariously antagonized the heroes for various reasons; being paranoid, offended by the newbie stealing his thing (they're both superspeedsters), and just pure superdickery.

This culminated in an admittedly accidental nat 20'd telekinetic lance at one of the newbies, knocking him out in one blow (essentially killing them, in DnD terms). They then managed to horrify the other newbie into a one-round change of sides by almost killing one of the bad guys (a persuasion 20 solved that quick). One of the antiheroic players in the group (emphasis on the 'anti') then swore to kill him later on for his betrayal.

Thing is, if he goes through with that attempt, it makes thing real interesting and solves some of my problems, to boot - mainly, that the villains ended up underpowered and nearly dead and could use some reinforcements. These guys will get their heroic friends, horrified by the actions of the player 'heroes', to join them.

The last session also featured an ice slide chase scene at twice the speed of sound through the city streets, a sentence I never thought I'd get to write.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 623