Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 917132 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread , Now with meaningless poll!
« Reply #3645 on: April 05, 2017, 08:01:57 am »

Zanzibar, home of the Zanzibarbarians.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3646 on: April 05, 2017, 09:50:46 am »

Well, I'm now rolling up a Warpriest of Sarenrae (Healing, Sun) (A Dawnflower Cultist, not mainstream), and I must say it's testing me sorely. Sorely.

\[T]/
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:53:57 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: April 05, 2017, 10:08:46 am »

Is it just me or is the warpriest just a strictly worse cleric? I mean, they get a d8 HD and a medium BAB, a soulknife mechanic and a variation on turn undead? Am I missing something?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: April 05, 2017, 10:14:44 am »

They also get any Fighter feats they want.
Black lives matter.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: April 05, 2017, 10:40:59 am »

I'm playing a halfling jester bard in an upcoming 2nd ed AD&D planescape game.

I need standup material.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: April 05, 2017, 10:43:27 am »

Do height jokes. Lots of them. :P
Black lives matter.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: April 05, 2017, 10:53:58 am »

Start every joke with an exclamatory "marry", append "nuncle" as appropriate.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3652 on: April 05, 2017, 11:50:13 am »

Is it just me or is the warpriest just a strictly worse cleric? I mean, they get a d8 HD and a medium BAB, a soulknife mechanic and a variation on turn undead? Am I missing something?

Heavy armour proficiency, blessings (Blind my opponent for a round? Empower my heals? Sign me up!), the ability to heal 1d6 as a swift action at second level (or a standard action to heal another), bonus feats, and Weapon Focus for free.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: April 05, 2017, 11:52:37 am »

They have some really amusing combos since their weapons do damage based off of their class and not the weapon itself.  For example if you had a whip with lunge and whirlwind attacks as your feats.  You suddenly get the ability to do an attack against every enemy around you in a 20 foot radius assuming you are a medium sized creature that does substantial damage despite being a whip since it's using sacred damage (Plus whatever enhancements you throw on top.)
Nom nom nom

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: April 05, 2017, 11:58:58 am »

Unfortunately, a 1d8 weapon does the same damage until Level 10.

normally this wouldn't be that big of a deal, but in a P6 campaign, which I'm making a Warpriest for...
Black lives matter.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: April 05, 2017, 12:01:47 pm »

You do get sacred weapon at level 4, and another stack of it at level 8 though.  So swift action +1/weapon enhancement of your choice.
Nom nom nom

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: April 05, 2017, 12:07:37 pm »

Actually, it increases the bonus of Sacred Weapon's weapon enhancement by +1, up to +5 at Level 20. and technically you get SW at Level 1, you just get the enhancement part at level 4

And again, I'm doing a P6 campaign, meaning no Level 8 for me. With P6's rules on Epic, Signature and Ritual stuff that normally wouldn't be a problem, but Warpriests aren't even included in the P6 rules.
Black lives matter.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: April 08, 2017, 08:40:17 pm »

Played a Pathfinder Society scenario this week, and it was nasty.

Seriously, who thinks three ghouls with 3 attacks each and a paralysis save on each one is a balanced encounter for four level 1 characters?

We lost the rogue in round two whilst my barbarian, the bard and the cleric beat a hasty retreat up the stairs on the ship. My guard dog bought us a few rounds to prepare, getting swarmed and actually landing a hit one one of the ghouls before it got torn to shreds. I perched myself at the top of the stairs, raged and popped a potion of Enlarge Person. First ghoul comes up, slice through it with an attack of opportunity due to my 10 ft. reach. Second ghoul comes up, I use my readied action to cut it in half in one strike. Third ghoul comes up, and I'm all out of actions. Bam, get hit with a claw and boom, paralysed for 3 rounds with a 3 on my d20 roll against the Fort save.

So I'm screwed now, but there's a glimmer of hope. I'm paralysed and helpless, meaning my allies can enter my square! The bard heroically faces off against the ghoul with his shortsword, hitting it for all of 1d4-2 damage. The ghoul misses twice with its claws during its turn, but manages to hit with a bite attack, paralysing the bard too.

Without any other options, the cleric goes for a channel energy to deal positive damage to the ghoul. A massive 1d6 damage with a DC 13 Will save for half. Rolls a 4 for damage, and the ghoul needs a 5 or better on their roll to save against the channel. It rolls... a 2.

Between my guard dog's attack, the bard's attack and the channel, it's exactly enough to destroy the final ghoul. We complete the mission with only one PC death.

Honestly, that fight was brutal. Way too much chance for a TPK at that level. The Pathfinder Society rules allow it to be run by level 1 or 2 characters, and I think you really need one or two level 2 players for that last fight to not be a bloodbath.

The other fights in the scenario were pretty well balanced. The NPC enemy that tries to escape by drinking a potion of Invisibility was a good twist, but luckily my character was carrying a good old bag of flour. The enemy 5 ft. steps away, drinks his potion and disappears, I pull out my bag of flour and antique that bitch.

My favourite quote of the night: "I'm gonna put you in the ground and see if I can grow a dumb-ass tree!"

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: April 09, 2017, 04:53:48 pm »

In my Carrion of the Crown game, we manage to defeat our first Haunt. One of the five evil ghosts at the Prison. My character was holding the Flute, and we faced off against the Pied Piper character. I think I did the least amount of damage. The Oracle, the Druid and the Cleric, I think did the bulk of the damage with positive energy.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: April 09, 2017, 08:07:46 pm »

Party fought a colossus and won because it fumbled a DC10 dex save to dodge stalagmites.

Party is estatic... Until they realize they have an army of Duregar to fight through
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 623