Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 151033 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #465 on: August 05, 2016, 04:47:12 am »

There is one server i know that has pvpve and one week is pve and weekends are pvp but been able to connect that one.
Propably some NA server issue that they been broadcasting few days.
The PvE part is probably just enforced, it's still PvP, sadly. Unless they switch it but that sounds weird or possible. But I don't know crap.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 05, 2016, 05:49:09 am »

Here is the server address https://arkservers.net/server/74.63.239.82:27040
Think they have some sort Discord channel and website too.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 05, 2016, 03:21:52 pm »

There is an admin option for pve/pvp mode.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 05, 2016, 03:50:23 pm »

Now we're splitting our small bay12 user base again.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 05, 2016, 05:27:32 pm »

I started playing singleplayer on The Center. I just want to build things! It's not fun to blow up other people's stuff, even. That stuff took work.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:17:16 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 05, 2016, 06:15:32 pm »

I feel similar which is where the 20x server came in with bfel. It was fighting only if arranged by all sides. That server just wasn't very stable.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 05, 2016, 06:18:03 pm »

I'd enjoy meeting somewhere pre-arranged to duke it out. That sounds like a lot of fun, actually.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 05, 2016, 06:49:33 pm »

Yeah, that's my preference as well in games like this. PvP is fun, getting rolled by a group three times your size when most of your people are offline isn't. Having dinos sniped out of their pens by assholes isn't, either.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 05, 2016, 06:55:00 pm »

I can't find the server info buried in this thread.

I used to run a server. I wonder if I could again run a server, maybe with those rules? PVP on Sunday/Saturday? I'm going to consider doing this.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 31, 2016, 07:04:40 pm »

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but this game runs far better now. I have several friends on very low end systems playing on our small private server.

For the record, small private sever is really the only good way to play this game. Don't bother playing solo. The rage is real.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 31, 2016, 09:04:11 pm »

Solo is okay simply because you can cheat recover versus ask for help from the other players.

Also the bay12 server of sorts that's been down for awhile: https://arkservers.net/server/69.12.88.250:16176/upvote

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 02, 2016, 10:37:24 am »

I can choose not to pay for it but I can't choose to have 8GB of free HD space. I hate on-disc paid dlc. I'll buy it when it's $2 and the game is complete and better optimized. Also, maybe not. I don't really need that much fantasy when I have flippin dinosaurs.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 03, 2016, 01:17:36 am »

Well, I bought Ark+their new paid DLC. Figured good as time as any to get the game, and I've been wanting to play it.

The DLC looks awesome as well. Always loved desert themes for games. And the areas look really nice.

Dunno if I'll join any server, maybe that good-gaming one posted that is PVE with PvP on weekends. If I don't like it, I'll just do singleplayer.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:31:04 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 04, 2016, 03:27:11 pm »

Man, playing the new DLC (with no experience in normal Ark) is harder than Dwarf Fortress rofl. I'd rate it as hard as Aurora 4x

I found a cool place to make a base, but to place a foundation+bed took 12 hours of non-stop dying to just place it and get to my base. The animals killed me so much. Never died so much before in any game ever.

People in chat said it was made for hardcore survival and a lot harder than normal Ark. So that is probably why

It was frustrating dying so much, but so much fun still. If I had a tribe, it probably be easier. Solo=hard as hell
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 04, 2016, 06:27:07 pm »

Man, playing the new DLC (with no experience in normal Ark) is harder than Dwarf Fortress rofl. I'd rate it as hard as Aurora 4x

I found a cool place to make a base, but to place a foundation+bed took 12 hours of non-stop dying to just place it and get to my base. The animals killed me so much. Never died so much before in any game ever.

People in chat said it was made for hardcore survival and a lot harder than normal Ark. So that is probably why

It was frustrating dying so much, but so much fun still. If I had a tribe, it probably be easier. Solo=hard as hell
It's mostly about technique, learn how to onestack meat to effectively make narcotics, and try to get a trike as soon as you can for berrypicking. Unless that's changed with the DLC.
Movement speed is your friend since Kiting is OP, also there's a mindwipe tonic which resets your levelpoints.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47