Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 151075 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #405 on: December 25, 2015, 12:58:41 pm »

Yeah, the steam refunds do seem to start having an effect on buying things. Don't want to turn this topic too off topic, but I'm gonna go back to how I used to buy games. But I have noticed (even me) impulse buying more.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 25, 2015, 03:56:14 pm »

Actually, ARK is going to introduce strapping cannons to your dinosaurs, and there's a future/alien tech coming sometime in the future.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 29, 2015, 06:55:58 pm »

I have been meaning to ask... where do you find recipies? I assume that you can't make dye or anything else until you find the magic paper but I have dug through 30 supply drips and haven't found anything yet....

As for official servers... I don't really understand why anyone e would bother playing on them. They are terrible! If it is pve you can't build anything. If it is pvp you can hold on to anything. Play solo or with friends...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 29, 2015, 09:17:45 pm »

I have been meaning to ask... where do you find recipies? I assume that you can't make dye or anything else until you find the magic paper but I have dug through 30 supply drips and haven't found anything yet....

That's not true at all. Anything that isn't specifically an Engram you can just make. That includes dyes and food.
Nothing important here, move along.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 29, 2015, 09:28:56 pm »

Recipies are also found on T-rexes or other mobs. It's loot, not a drop :p
But recipies aren't a requirement to cook, it's just a nifty feature to find out what to make ingame.

YaW

• Bay Watcher
  • CremaGames
    • View Profile
    • CremaGames
« Reply #410 on: February 09, 2016, 08:41:56 am »

Thinking about grabbing this on Xbox One. Is it worthy? I heard it had some framerate problems, but I'm curious about how they are adapting the game to a console.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 09, 2016, 12:30:40 pm »

I played this game solo a lot. Had a base on the beach and one halfway to a mountian I mined regularly. Every Fucking time I got a dactal I lost it in an incredibly frustrating way. Same with raptors, carnos, and the giant gator things. That path you like to take? Today there is an alpha raptor on it. Say good bye to your 2 raptors and a carno. Very frustrating.

I think the worst thing is that your dinos have no survival instinct. Once that raptor engages your guys go balls deep and happily get themselves eaten. Even if you manage to get away pulling your dinos our of the fight seems impossible.

The game is cool but it really is highly unforgiving. I like 7 days to die 's death system much better. You drop all your shit but it tells you where to find it. It also lowers your max health by 10 (it starts at 100).

YaW

• Bay Watcher
  • CremaGames
    • View Profile
    • CremaGames
« Reply #412 on: February 11, 2016, 06:20:59 am »

Thinking about grabbing this on Xbox One. Is it worthy? I heard it had some framerate problems, but I'm curious about how they are adapting the game to a console.
Well, I like the game. You'll have to wait a while though since their last estimate was this summer, and I don't think they'll achieve that.

Just remember the number 1 rule: Official servers are shit, use unofficial.

Been watching some videos and, damn, the game looks like shit. How in the hell they think they can launch it in June? I like the split screen, though...

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 25, 2016, 08:23:50 pm »

Really, Trendy? First you run the Dungeon Defenders franchise into the ground, and now you're dragging other games down with you? Godsdamn these guys suck...

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 25, 2016, 09:36:46 pm »

Really, Trendy? First you run the Dungeon Defenders franchise into the ground, and now you're dragging other games down with you? Godsdamn these guys suck...
The old 'merica adage "If at first you don't succeed, sue someone who did."

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 26, 2016, 10:18:37 am »

I love how one of their accusations is the guy entered a no-compete contract, and that Ark is competing with DD

Yes, because Ark and DD are so incredibly similar. The only time you'd encounter an issue is if you wanted both, but didn't have the funds for both. Which can basically occur across any genres.

That is not their entire argument. You haven't read the complaint or the documents at issue so you really shouldn't be talking.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:42:51 am by ZeroGravitas »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 26, 2016, 10:22:01 am »

I love how one of their accusations is the guy entered a no-compete contract, and that Ark is competing with DD

Yes, because Ark and DD are so incredibly similar. The only time you'd encounter an issue is if you wanted both, but didn't have the funds for both. Which can basically occur across any genres.
Except the reason the no-compete contract came up was because the guy was supposedly trying to poach their staff to work for his game, not because of a similarity between the games.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 27, 2016, 03:53:05 am »

"Poaching" employees generally just constitutes making them an offer to pay them more at your company than they're getting paid where they're currently working. It is not, fortunately, illegal to do this under normal circumstances, but it's definitely something that could come up as part of a no-compete contract.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 01, 2016, 05:29:33 am »

I just had an actually enjoyable session with ARK, I tamed a mated pair of dilos, then a mated pair of big turtles, and capped it off with a trike.  I've never actually accomplished so much when trying to play this game, it feels nice being able to get some basic shit done for once.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47