Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 151117 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #255 on: July 02, 2015, 02:27:51 am »

I'm in love with this latest patch. I can actually see by moonlight now, and my torch radius is about 4x bigger! Game looks beautiful.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 02, 2015, 05:23:35 pm »

Just a slight update/revision for those of you who have been joining us (thank you!)- the server name has been changed to "Butosus [New!] [Dedicated 24/7 PvP/PvE] [CPU+] [No Admin BS]" minus the quotes, for sake of giving browsers some idea of what to expect.

It's worth noting that we're running with priority CPU on a server out of Los Angeles- anyone on this side of the continent should see some pretty good performance, and even our resident OZ player has no complaints.

As for the in-game, my own tribe has started to really get itself established after a rough start, when one of our new recruits thought he would have a good laugh in punching Fred, the neighborhood Brontosaurus, who then proceeded to then formally wreck our shit. In time, we'll be looking to found a small town- private housing, separately housed facilities, and a local pub! For now, however, we're just doing our part to get by, and would be more than willing to help new players or even tribes get started with some modest gifts and open trade, if any of you soloists hiding out there in the jungle are interested.

Chat is global, and Admin are Dangerface and Jayce- don't be afraid to shout out!

Oh, I almost forgot- On Finding Servers, since this appears to be  a common problem, for those who don't know:

If, when you search the Unofficial section for a specific server and cannot seem to find it,
1.) open up your Steam application
2.) Go to View in the top left-hand corner
3.) Go to servers.
4.) Sort by game.
5.) Give it a moment to load
6.) Scroll down, select the server you are looking for, and add it to Favorites
7.) Run and Join Ark
8.)Change the search filter favorites
9.) Voila!

In the event that you continuously fail to join a server,
1.) Join Ark
2.) Filter to Official
3.) Cancel
4.) Join Ark
5.) Filter to Favorites
6.) After failing to connect, filter to official
7.) Cancel
8.) Repeat steps 4-8.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:30:45 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
的 am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 02, 2015, 05:54:18 pm »

Huh, good timing for that post. I just picked this game up yesterday and was thinking of giving it a whirl. Might actually have to put it on my SSD though because those loading times...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 02, 2015, 07:07:25 pm »

Yeah, I might move over to your server, Ibid. Is your tribe still open for new joiners?

'cause seriously, on the in-game browser all of the unofficial servers are empty and all the official ones lag like balls. I spent fifteen minutes punching out a Raptor the other day -- it never managed to hurt me, but it took that long because it was rubber-banding and teleporting all around the clearing I was in. Then some dude came up and shot it while I was feeding it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 03, 2015, 01:27:31 pm »

Huh, good timing for that post. I just picked this game up yesterday and was thinking of giving it a whirl. Might actually have to put it on my SSD though because those loading times...
Do that. I'm pretty sure it will also deal with most of the weird hitches in performance while playing.

That or it was the GTX980 and 16GB RAM I picked up at the same time I got the SSD. :v

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2015, 01:25:59 am »

Yeah, I might move over to your server, Ibid. Is your tribe still open for new joiners?

'cause seriously, on the in-game browser all of the unofficial servers are empty and all the official ones lag like balls. I spent fifteen minutes punching out a Raptor the other day -- it never managed to hurt me, but it took that long because it was rubber-banding and teleporting all around the clearing I was in. Then some dude came up and shot it while I was feeding it.

Heh! Were it my choice, I'd welcome you into the fold with open arms. Alas, the thing about these "survival shooters," is that they breed mistrust. Ours is a tribe of of Rust players, some of them IRL friends, the rest of us  chance acquaintances who, through strokes of fate, wound up on the same side and have gone through and had misgivings enough together to know we won't screw each other over. While I know that most B12ers are a cut above the rest, trust is slow, which is an issue, what with tribe privileges allowing any member to access anything he wants.

What I can promise, is that you would have our protection, permission to build in relatively close proximity, and would be welcome to tag along with us on adventures. :)

Maybe, if you can convince some of the other forum goers to go along, you could found the "official" B12 tribe? Within the next week or two, I intend to openly advertise our server to certain groups, and will consider expanding it!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:33:42 am by Ibid Straydrink »
的 am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2015, 04:05:28 am »

I was doing fairly well, had gathered a lot of resources at my river outpost and decided to take them back to my main base.  Cue drawing aggro from a wild raptor, no problem, me and my raptor Grant have this one in the bag, down goes the hostile and all is well.  Suddenly ankylosaur aggros on Grant and kills him in two hits, then bumrushes me and down I go.  I can't decide whether I like or hate this game.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2015, 05:34:30 am »

I was doing fairly well, had gathered a lot of resources at my river outpost and decided to take them back to my main base.  Cue drawing aggro from a wild raptor, no problem, me and my raptor Grant have this one in the bag, down goes the hostile and all is well.  Suddenly ankylosaur aggros on Grant and kills him in two hits, then bumrushes me and down I go.  I can't decide whether I like or hate this game.

It's a merciless survival experience. Strength in numbers! ;)

That said, I am reasonably sure that a wild anklyo wouldn't agro your tamed raptor; is there a chance that you forgot to set his aggression level to neutral?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2015, 12:34:11 pm »

Your raptor may have accidentally hit the anklyo while it was fighting the wild raptor.

I had my tamed trike accidentally hit another trike while killing a raptor that attacked it. Cue the herd rush of 10 trikes that wrecked us both.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2015, 12:38:30 pm »

Heh! Were it my choice, I'd welcome you into the fold with open arms. Alas, the thing about these "survival shooters," is that they breed mistrust. Ours is a tribe of of Rust players, some of them IRL friends, the rest of us  chance acquaintances who, through strokes of fate, wound up on the same side and have gone through and had misgivings enough together to know we won't screw each other over. While I know that most B12ers are a cut above the rest, trust is slow, which is an issue, what with tribe privileges allowing any member to access anything he wants.

What I can promise, is that you would have our protection, permission to build in relatively close proximity, and would be welcome to tag along with us on adventures. :)

Maybe, if you can convince some of the other forum goers to go along, you could found the "official" B12 tribe? Within the next week or two, I intend to openly advertise our server to certain groups, and will consider expanding it!

Doesn't matter either way, 'cause the server's not showing up either ingame or on Steam.  :P

But yeah, I know the feels about that sort of situation and understand regardless.

3. Run Resize Enable

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2015, 03:24:38 pm »

Doesn't matter either way, 'cause the server's not showing up either ingame or on Steam.  :P

But yeah, I know the feels about that sort of situation and understand regardless.
Just checked- it's there under Steam's server list. Try giving it a couple of minutes extra to load in?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2015, 06:02:29 pm »

Grant was definitely set to neutral, but the ankylo had 'accidentaly' struck Grant while the fight was going on.  As for 'strength in numbers' I hate multiplayer with a passion that borders on nuclear hellfire.  I'd like to train more dinos to have a decent group, but every time I get one trained it immediately gets killed by something stupid.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2015, 09:06:58 pm »

Just checked- it's there under Steam's server list. Try giving it a couple of minutes extra to load in?
I'm sure it is -- I tried multiple times, including once where I left it to load for about an hour. My ISP is just shitty, from what I can tell; in a lot of games (ARK included) I get that thing where the server lists are suddenly, mysteriously empty and I have to repeatedly restart the game to get them to populate.

3. Run Resize Enable

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 06, 2015, 10:40:29 am »

I'm sure it is -- I tried multiple times, including once where I left it to load for about an hour. My ISP is just shitty, from what I can tell; in a lot of games (ARK included) I get that thing where the server lists are suddenly, mysteriously empty and I have to repeatedly restart the game to get them to populate.

Now, just to be clear, are you looking for the server under the Steam View > Servers List, or in-game? Ark's server list is buggy as hell.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2015, 04:45:29 pm »

https://youtu.be/t8m-3M1uiCc

Apperently you can ... defecate without pause? NSFW, also worth a good chuckle.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47