Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 151012 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2015, 07:34:34 pm »

Do resources (dinosaurs, plants, trees, rocks, etc) respawn overtime?

I've been watching Avaak (Bay 12 member and YouTuber) let's play and am veryyyyyyyyyyy tempted.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2015, 08:02:58 pm »

Everything respawns under different conditions. The tiny clusters of rocks that you can mine, the very small and fallen trees, and anything you can pick straight up off the ground like stones and bushes will spawn back quickly as soon as they're out of eyeshot. Bigger trees and rocks only respawn after you've left for a little while, as do most dinosaurs.
Nothing important here, move along.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2015, 04:44:21 am »

In a stream I have seen a dinosaur making an egg. They don't like when you steal eggs however.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2015, 12:37:52 pm »

fertilize the plants

So you want me to poop on your crops?
Or just want me to gather dino shit all day?

Either-or. Composting is a non-poop-discriminatory process.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2015, 12:46:19 pm »

In a stream I have seen a dinosaur making an egg. They don't like when you steal eggs however.

The devs have said that the dino eggs are only good for food, for now. They may change it later, but at the moment, dinosaurs respawn through computer magic and not by having babies.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2015, 01:16:23 pm »

I have tamed a Triceratops. Does anyone know what their combat abilities actually are? I want to see if I can lead it into battle against various carnivores.

Let me tell you, it will ram and launch a dilophasaurus.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2015, 01:20:13 pm »

I have tamed a Triceratops. Does anyone know what their combat abilities actually are? I want to see if I can lead it into battle against various carnivores.

MP Survival games aren't really my thing but...man, that sounds awesome.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2015, 01:46:27 pm »

They're ridiculously well-armored from the front. They're one of the few creatures I do not recommend trying to attack in the head unless you really, really need to knock them out. Their horns also seem to pretty heftily increase the amount of damage they can do with rams.

They're certainly not the strongest of dinos, though. Carnotaurs and tyrannosaurs will win in an evenly-matched fight, so make sure if you're going up against the big predators or lots of little ones you find a way to tip the scales in your favor.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2015, 02:33:53 pm »

If they're both AI, a Trike will trounce a T-Rex from the front because they get RIGHT underneath the Rex. The end result is that the Rex can't actually hit it because it's too close.

Can a player abuse that? Sounds hilarious if so.

*Gets charged by hungry Rex*
*Runs between legs and pokes until it dies*
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2015, 03:03:53 pm »

I had fun in local play. Online play seems to be a bit silly since your character doesn't even despawn. Your only hope for keeping equipment is to hide somewhere and log off. At least that is my understanding.

I like the game a lot. It was awesome to tame a dilo. My two major gripes are that the game runs terribly (this is well documented ) and that everything seems to take a ton of resources.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2015, 03:17:34 pm »

I had fun in local play. Online play seems to be a bit silly since your character doesn't even despawn. Your only hope for keeping equipment is to hide somewhere and log off. At least that is my understanding.

I like the game a lot. It was awesome to tame a dilo. My two major gripes are that the game runs terribly (this is well documented ) and that everything seems to take a ton of resources.

Agreed that it runs badly, but its better than it was two days ago. There are frequent undocumented updates, as evidenced by its need to download fixes every day. (also, it runs better afterwards)

I have not yet had a problem with logging off online. The game is designed for multiple people to NEED to work together, and when I log in our base I have yet to die for any reason. Dino's don't seem to hunt you down in the house, and frankly you can just tie up your tamed dilos outside for extra protection.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 03:58:22 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2015, 06:32:13 pm »

Hey, speaking of large enough groups, the Bay 12 Teamspeak is running a camp on one of the official servers. There's about half a dozen of us, but we can use every hand we can get.

Our amenities include bows, metal tools, various dinosaurs, and a safe house to sleep in and not get killed by griefers or dilos. Come join us and we'll have you murdering newbs and mixing narcotics in no time!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2015, 06:38:53 pm »

I knew it. The whole dino thing is just a front for making meth.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2015, 06:45:30 pm »

Ironically, the dinosaurs themselves are the main consumers of the narcotics.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2015, 06:46:27 pm »

Ironically, the dinosaurs themselves are the main consumers of the narcotics.

It always hits the poorest communities the hardest.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47