Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 151049 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #420 on: May 02, 2016, 10:03:33 am »

The only people who can be penalized for breaking a non compete clause are the people who signed it. So, unless there is another issue, there is no case against the ark developers.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 02, 2016, 03:18:42 pm »

Oh yeah, this got resolved a while ago. Apparently, there was some kind of no-compete contract involved. From this PC Gamer article:

Ark: Survival Evolved developer Studio Wildcard was sued late last year by Trendy Entertainment, the studio behind Dungeon Defenders, over allegations that former Trendy President Jeremy Stieglitz had tried to recruit other developers at the studio to the Ark project. That, Trendy said, was in direct violation of his contract, which forbid him from poaching his former fellow employees after he left the studio.
So, Stieglitz left Trendy, became the president of Studio Wildcard (or he founded Wildcard, I can't tell), and while he was in this position he violated a no-compete contract he signed by recruiting his former coworkers at Trendy to his new company. You could argue that he was maybe forced into an unfair contract by Trendy but the legal text is clear, he signed a contract and either knowingly violated it or didn't read it, then violated its terms. This sort of contract isn't terribly unusual, at any rate, I don't think.

The accusations by Trendy include (possibly unfounded, I don't know) accusations that Stieglitz went to lengths to cover up the fact he was hiring Trendy employees by having things done in his wife's name and hiding assets in Singapore. Anyhow, Wildcard must have thought Trendy had a case on them, because they settled for a lot of money:
“We ended up settling for 40 [million].” That's a big pile of money, but far short of what Trendy and Insight were apparently seeking: According to a tweet from April 12, they had initially asked for $600 million in damages.
So Trendy are probably nasty and awful but they had a case against Wildcard or at least the opportunity to cost them a lot of money. Wildcard paid them $40,000,000 to drop the lawsuit.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 18, 2016, 07:17:15 pm »

Yeah, I really like Center, it feels a bit more smooth as an experience overall.  I've been flying around on my Ptera all over the map, just to see the awesome stuff that maker built into it.  I'm having real trouble finding the caves tho'.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 24, 2016, 05:33:40 pm »

I'm playing on a swedish server right now but i'm thinking of switching over to a bay12ish server if we can get one up again and anyone want to play The Center on it. I love it so far even though I dislike the glitchiness of the sky island or the lava island to the north huehue.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 25, 2016, 10:28:38 am »

Your wish is my command. After a few swings of the banhammer and a little powwow with tech support, [Butosus PvEvP] is back up and running, complete with BattleEye and a clean map of The Center.

Please let me know via PM or Steam if things ever get outdated or unruly, without hesitation. I'll hop right in, and right the wrong.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 10:35:35 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 25, 2016, 11:46:13 am »

Exerosp and I are on the northern tropical island! Come, and help us survive this hell. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 25, 2016, 02:14:00 pm »

Resting my mad leveling skills till this nausea passes. Going to be up late eurotime tho!

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 25, 2016, 04:53:14 pm »

Nice. I was just jumping back into ark as a bunch of my friends just got copies. I guess I have a good idea where we will be playing :)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 26, 2016, 08:09:14 am »

I joined just now and nobody was on. I think I'll rejoin a bit later.
Yeah I'm on now tho. Setting up for taming another Ptera :D

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 29, 2016, 01:58:43 pm »

Sorry to hear you're having such hard luck, Greatorder. While I would like to simply take your word for it and grant your request, I feel that spawning items and dinos as compensation for bugs is in many ways a slippery slope, and I want to make certain I keep things as fair and balanced for everyoneas possible.

That said, I would be glad to help you tame a new flyer at some point!

Lately though, things have been getting pretty darned interesting. We seem to be having a lot of activity, which is great for the server, and gives you that slight, pleasant tingle of anticipation at the possibility of stranger danger. Beware, folks, as there are some thieves about- we were looted for a few small effects while offline last night ourselves. On that note, I just want to remind everyone of ground rules in place- no offline dino killing or base destruction, and otherwise open PvP and raiding so long as you aren't trying to obliterate settlements or grief. Raiding over resources or sportsmanly competition will be tolerated- making a point to ruin our fellow players' day will not. I'll be sure to add that to the daily message when I get the chance.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:23:04 am by Ibid Straydrink »

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 29, 2016, 08:05:01 pm »

Fair enough, we did manage to tame one (I say we, I did the taming and Kev provided absolutely everything required aside from the bolas and crossbow), and I proceeded to kill an alpha raptor which netted me another masterwork crossbow and a ramshackle axe.

Also, 'making a point to ruin our fellow players' day will'
Does that mean it will be tolerated, or was it that you derped and failed to finish the sentence?
I think he meant Not :P

Also, Our tribe is dead set on playing music on The Brotherhood's doorsetp. It's the command of the chieftain! Also, Tribe Alliances are really interesting. Patch tommorow so I might not be online, depends on how big it is and how fast it would take me to redownload the game if I have to uninstall it.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 02, 2016, 03:09:23 pm »

Update in progress, ETA 15 minutes!~

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 12, 2016, 12:30:52 am »

PHASE II: COMPLETE

- As promised, the baby maturation rate has be doubled, and the rate of food consumption halved! Things should be much more practical and manageable now, without it being overly easy to obtain powerful dinos.

- Experience gain has been nicely buffed, within reason.

- Offline raiding is now DISABLED *blows party streamer* When the last member of your tribe logs, your buildings and dinos should become invincible until someone returns. We'll attempt to test this will some volunteers later. :P

Have fun!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 26, 2016, 02:19:11 pm »

I got this recently but I doubt I have the time to do regular checkins on a dedicated server. Single player has gotten my money's worth for sure.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 26, 2016, 02:26:06 pm »

So question: I've heard there's some legal things with the publishers that might get this pulled. Is that true, or is it just buzzword clickbait bullshit?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47