Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: I told them I could be anything...  (Read 27170 times)

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I told them I could be anything...
« Reply #255 on: July 02, 2015, 07:54:28 pm »

Make a dark joke. Nothing to light up the mood than with some gallows humor.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2015, 01:12:58 am »

-1. We just killed someone, I dont think we're cruel enough to joke about it.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 05, 2015, 01:28:03 am »

Oh, But there's no need for cruelty to be involved. A cruel joke would have been closer to ripping his arm of and using it like a puppet to badmouth him (I'm a big dummy that picks dumb fight with those i shouldn't, Bweh bweh.)
No, Dark jokes are certainly more benign than that.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 05, 2015, 08:40:47 am »

+1 to the -1.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2015, 02:08:17 pm »

+1 to the -1.
Indeed.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 06, 2015, 10:54:08 am »

OOC:
I'll update in a day or two, hopefully. Heat's picked up here (again) and made me sick.
Sorry!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 06, 2015, 12:41:30 pm »

GM: Get unsick.
Anywho.
No to that joke.  Just, no.
At this point, you need to speak to Pride.  People are trying to kill you, you need answers.  Hopefully he/she has them.
And won't hide them behind need-to-know until you needed to know five minutes ago.
But first, you should clean up.
Shelter to clean up, then go speak to Pride.  Inquire about Tom's current state. 
Also, in general, stop being such a pretentious [EXPLETIVE DELETED].  Except when you have to.  Keep it ready for when you need it, but seriously, just because you're the awesomest, doesn't mean that you're going to be catered to, every time, all the time.  Nor should you expect it.  Down that road is becoming the monster you aren't.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 04:04:30 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 06, 2015, 06:07:45 pm »

Wait, What joke? i didn't make any jokes. Except from that one, But that was an example of what not to joke about.
I was talking about something lighthearted but dark themed to light up the mood, Not an overly grotesque mockery of the situation.
We could have died too after all and laughter is said to be the best medicine. So sorry if i did(said) something offending i guess?

At this point, you need to speak to Pride.  People are trying to kill you, you need answers.  Hopefully he/she has them.
And won't hide them behind need-to-know until you needed to know five minutes ago.
Shelter to clean up, then go speak to Pride.  Inquire about Tom's current state. 
Also, in general, stop being such a pretentious [EXPLETIVE DELETED].  Except when you have to.  Keep it ready for when you need it, but seriously, just because you're the awesomest, doesn't mean that you're going to be catered to, every time, all the time.  Nor should you expect it.  Down that road is becoming the monster you aren't.

And yes to that. +1

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 06, 2015, 06:14:06 pm »

Wait, What joke? i didn't make any jokes. Except from that one, But that was an example of what not to joke about.
I was talking about something lighthearted but dark themed to light up the mood, Not an overly grotesque mockery of the situation.
We could have died too after all and laughter is said to be the best medicine. So sorry if i did(said) something offending i guess?
The concept of making a dark joke, in general, was what I was against.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 06, 2015, 07:59:37 pm »

Ah, Alright.
In hindsight, After processing the circumstances i agree that a dark joke might be unfitting. Maybe a light joke? Or no joke. I guess this isn't the best place for laughter, Or time for that matter.
Heh, Hey at least were not dead, Right? Might get a mood swing into uncontrollable mirthfulness though. Knowing fate we'll make a bad joke and laugh ourselves half to death from it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 06, 2015, 08:34:42 pm »

Ah, Alright.
In hindsight, After processing the circumstances i agree that a dark joke might be unfitting. Maybe a light joke? Or no joke. I guess this isn't the best place for laughter, Or time for that matter.
Heh, Hey at least were not dead, Right? Might get a mood swing into uncontrollable mirthfulness though. Knowing fate we'll make a bad joke and laugh ourselves half to death from it.
That's not actually far off...
Adrenaline can do strange things.
Sigtext

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 07, 2015, 01:01:33 pm »

OOC:
I'll update in a day or two, hopefully. Heat's picked up here (again) and made me sick.
Sorry!
I hope you feel better!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2015, 06:15:32 pm »

OOC:
Sorry!
I hope you feel better!
+1.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2015, 11:06:52 am »

GM: Get unsick.
Anywho.

To bring the game back to the fore of this thread, repostitude of my suggested action.
Sigtext

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2015, 05:09:31 pm »

I agree with the above reposted action. GM status update?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19