Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post your super-elaborate traps here!  (Read 3722 times)

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Post your super-elaborate traps here!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 06:22:19 am »

Make a massive downward spiral with weapon traps along the way ( Low quality, bad material weapons, training weapons, etc etc. Or whips if you want blood to stain all the way down ).

At the top have cages for prisoners and water/magma to help 'convince' them to go down the spiral, then watch as they slide through dozens of traps being beaten repeatedly and stunned by the z level drops as they go. The end can be whatever you like, prehaps another cage trap to do it again or a more fatal 10 steel serrated saw option/megabeast lair.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 07:55:29 am »

I should really be at a NY party....
Indeed.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 12:21:58 pm »

Saw this on the back page.
Had to bring it to the front
I should really be at a NY party....

Please don't do thread necromancy on threads from 2007.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 12:47:32 pm »

in my current modded fortress (ill have pics up on its own tread later (40 PICS!) ) i have a drawbridge that flings elven traders away from my fortress into either A: the moat i made around my fortress B: they just fall into the pit bellow it, but as soon as i figured out that they sell TONZ of wood i decided to kill them on their way out, for the wood (im always low on wood, fell tree'd the entire map, no more accessible trees)
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 04:23:20 pm »

Retractable bridge into the barracks booze stockpile. I pity the goblin that gets in between a thirsty armed uber dorf and some rum.
Pages: 1 [2]