Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DnD 5th Ed, One Shot Dungeon (Merciful Players Wanted)  (Read 678 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DnD 5th Ed, One Shot Dungeon (Merciful Players Wanted)
« on: May 24, 2015, 11:59:08 pm »

Ok so I am trying to grasp the new 5th edition rules and I want to run a one shot dungeon with hopes that I can handle it altogether.

Generally speaking I can't make people characters so I need players with the rulebooks, unless someone here wants to volunteer.

General Rules
-Level 5 (I just find level 1s fragile)
-Maximize your starting gold
-Point buy or Array, your choice
-Must have a method other than myself to make your character.
-Please have your character done before the decided day
-Your characters are expected to get along to an extent, so please don't make characters with the intent that they will have hostility towards other characters. This is meant to be a test if I understand the concepts and rules, not if I can handle party dynamics between diametrically opposed characters.
-No evil characters for reasons related to the above.

I am hoping to run this game for 4 hours at times between 4-11pm EST (Note that I only want games to last 4 hours... so if it starts at 4 it ends at 8, with 7 being the latest time). We will use Roll20 for all the chatting, rolling, playing

At most I hope I can get this done in 1-3 sessions... There is no guarantee you will get to the end unless all the players are having an oddly great time.

Expect a lot of mistakes, dumb ones. As such lets try to keep things moving, just give me a "(You did this wrong)" and have that be the end of it until the end of game.

I am thinking of running a two floor dungeon with an attached town three days travel away that is just there for convenience sake.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:00:45 am by Neonivek »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 5th Ed, One Shot Dungeon (Merciful Players Wanted)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 12:06:34 am »

I'm super interested. Things I need to know before I commit, though: what day? I'm fine 7PM EST, Saturdays and Sundays (because that translates to 7AM in the morning, and I won't have school and such.) When exactly will we be starting? I'm leaving soon for college in like a week. I want to get settled and let things cool down before I have time to play DnD.

I have the rulebook, so I can help if anyone needs it. There's also the free basic rulebook if you want it too.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 12:07:30 am »

We can do it this Saturday if need be... or in two weeks.

I'd prefer sooner then later since this is just meant to be a small thing.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 12:09:29 am »

I know. You probably should start without me, but if you need extra players or someone drops out, just PM me :)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 12:11:38 am »

I know. You probably should start without me, but if you need extra players or someone drops out, just PM me :)

Sure, if the first game goes well we might finish the entire dungeon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 11:41:46 am »

I am allowing myself exactly one bump