Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Scum Victory  (Read 48014 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - D1: Locker Room (9/9)
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2015, 05:01:25 pm »

Mm... delicious logic, but completely incorrect.

I'm trying to get people to vote NQT because I think he's scum. It's simple as that.

I jumped on Urist McCoder's vote because it made sense.

I need more data. Currently everybody but me and 4maskwolf read mild scum. Or my noob senses are broken.

I would love to be scum with you, Urist McCoder, but sadly I(I don't know about you) am not scum. I feel playing scum would be slightly more fun. Haha.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2015, 05:05:18 pm »

Among those gathered in the rather smelly locker room was Loud Whispers, named after his peculiar way of speech. Emuridan, from where he hailed was a notable source of Luchabowl contestants. This year, however, only two competitors from that land were participating, Loud Whispers himself, and a dreaded an mysterious fighter known only as The Miroslav.

(Please note the above is flavor text and will never contain any actual information all players are not aware of.)

IMPORTANT: The votecount format is Voted[number]: Voters (so, for example: Teneb[1]: Flarbot). People with 0 votes on them will not appear.

Votecount
Hiddenleafguy[1]: notquitethere
notquitethere[1]: FallacyofUrist
FallacyofUrist[2]: Graknorke, Urist McCoder

67:30 hours remain. 5 votes are needed to extend.

Addendum: The day keeps going until I end it. If the time limit expires and I do not post, you can keep playing. Just be aware that the day may end at any moment from that point on.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:12:26 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2015, 05:07:31 pm »

It appears that Urist McCoder is a double voter.

Of course not, it's just an error.
You know what... I've realized that voting for hiddenleafguy may be the best way to put pressure on NQT. Let's call his bluff.

Unvote Notquitethere

vote hiddenleafguy

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2015, 05:11:53 pm »

FallacyofUrist, you're acting really fishy right now, you know that? You're pushing your notquitethere-is-scum theory like a madman, even though you have next to no evidence. You've accused everybody who disagrees with you of being scum. You keep on trying to drum up support for your own votes, with your entire reasoning being "he asked questions, let's make him talk!" You have also outright denied being Mafia every time you've said something recently.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2015, 05:12:52 pm »

Of course not, it's just an error.
Corrected.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2015, 05:15:48 pm »

Fallacyofurist I am really starting to think you saying hiddenleafguy is mafia was only because his posts did not have a ton of content.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2015, 05:19:10 pm »

... good to know all that's considered scummy. I hoped madness would be a useful weapon.
Welp.

You have to understand that the only one I can trust isn't scum is myself. You could be scum, notquitethere could be scum, hiddenleafguy could be scum, Urist McCoder could be scum, but the only one who I absolutely know isn't scum is myself.

The simple truth here is that I don't know what to do at the moment. I would unvote, but that would look scummy. I would then choose someone else to pressure, but that would look scummy. It looks like unfortunately I have been decreed to be scum by a large number of people.

That doesn't mean I'm giving up. Could someone please summarize the issues facing me so I can reply to the best of my ability?
~~~
Yes, I... never mind. Hunting without dense amounts of evidence doesn't seem to be working. Unvote hiddenleafguy.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2015, 05:25:23 pm »

why did you only mention people you had voted for plus me?

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2015, 05:26:25 pm »

oops I miss understood the context of your sentence there fore my question is useless

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2015, 05:28:44 pm »

fallacyofurist your answer seems honest and heartfelt so I am going with my gut unvote.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2015, 05:35:48 pm »

Thank you. Now let's keep posting so that the players will have more information to work with.

Notquitethere: what do you think of the posting of me and Urist McCoder thus far?
4maskwolf: any theories on who is scum?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2015, 05:42:02 pm »

Fallacy, I have a question for you. Why are you so eager to accuse people? You're being quite incredibly forward with your accusations, really.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2015, 05:46:38 pm »

Because there's nothing to do at the moment aside from push(accuse) in various directions. Pulling, gambits, and other trickery is only useful lategame.

Or I could be completely wrong about that.

It just seemed likely at the moment that those people were scum when I looked at the posts. Now, I'm just reserving my vote and whatnot until I have more evidence.
Evidence, posts, in general information is the bread and butter of the town, and of the scum to a lesser extent.

My accusations are useless at the moment aside from applying pressure in an attempt to generate new responses, which are information.

Information- that's what I was after and what I'm still after.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2015, 05:47:52 pm »

Well, the easiest place to start would be the one that I first picked you up on:
While I'm at it, Graknorke, I'm going to recommend that you vote for NQT(notquitethere) and later hiddenleafguy as a result of evidence posted by me and Urist McCoder.
You said "as a result of evidence posted", but the actual evidence was... negligible. I read this as you just trying to brush off any real analysis and just getting people to jump into a blind lynching of someone of your choosing for nearly no reason, yet with you seeming absolutely certain of it. But now you're going to stop trying to press for questioning at all? That comes across as some overcompensating damage control.

Urist McCoder: You're not coming across much better though. All of your posts have been very short, and without adding much. Not much different to hiddenleafguy's style really. But FoU didn't pick up on it. You two as a scumteam isn't looking particularly unlikely right now.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2015, 05:52:41 pm »

... if I were you I'd certainly believe that's a possibility. But since I'm me, I know I'm town and thus a Urist McCoder and me scum team is impossible.

Two things now:
1. Yes, I backed off by an immense degree. And you think that's scummy. If I didn't back up, would you call that scummy also?
2. And besides. True enough, Urist McCoder lacks the lemon information pie(or not much beyond crumbs) that we need, at the moment.

I nneeedsss moreee posstssss....

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35