Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Scum Victory  (Read 47971 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Maybe here (6/9)
« Reply #420 on: July 28, 2015, 05:52:05 pm »

I do try to entertain.  Now play the game, smartass.
You don't sound like you're having fun. Would you like to calm yourself first?
I am having fun, and this -is- me being calm. 

Would you like to try your hand at scumhunting now?  I'd just like to remind you that this is MYLO, and activity is paramount.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - D1: Locker Room (9/9)
« Reply #421 on: July 28, 2015, 11:13:43 pm »

It's ok (appreciated, even), but wait until both ICs have a chance to post in response before doing this again.
Learning experience time!

Some players are naturally "grumpy" people. Others like to be antagonistic, and some have odd ways of having fun. This does not always mean that they are being purposefully grumpy, purposefully antagonistic, or purposefully bullies.
Top lel, triggered by Luchadores
I do try to entertain.  Now play the game, smartass.
This is a prime example. Shakerag and I have played a few games together, and while he typically comes off as "abrasive and rude" to me, it's his standard attitude. It's a core part of his being, and just because I perceive it as rude doesn't mean it's intended as rude and it doesn't mean that other people see it as rude either. Here we can see him reminding another player that Mafia is a serious game where "smartass"erry is usually not appreciated; while I might see his form as blunt and derogatory, it's meant to be to-the-point.

TL;DR: It's easy to misinterpret other players' intended tone. Do your best to make your tone clear.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 29, 2015, 01:07:11 am »

HHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG
H4zardZ1, why didn't you include yourself in your scum list? Why did you offer to swap out, then come back and do nothing?
1. I forgot to place myself equal to Shakerag and Tawa.
2. Offering to swap out because i don't have access to my tablet, doing nothing is because i'm still as confused as heck, and i forgot to play this thing.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 29, 2015, 02:25:48 am »

H4zardZ1:
HHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG
H4zardZ1, why didn't you include yourself in your scum list? Why did you offer to swap out, then come back and do nothing?
1. I forgot to place myself equal to Shakerag and Tawa.
2. Offering to swap out because i don't have access to my tablet, doing nothing is because i'm still as confused as heck, and i forgot to play this thing.
[totallydrunk]
1 - Who gives a shit how scummy you think you are?
2 - ASK.  OTHER.  PLAYERS.  QUESTIONS.  TO.  FIGURE.  OUT.  WHO.  IS.  SCUM.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND

THE GAME.  IT DOES NOT PLAY ITSELF>
[/totallydrunk]

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 29, 2015, 03:30:20 am »

Self
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 29, 2015, 05:46:46 am »

Tawochir, I think you are the least scummy, after graknorke you have been the most dedicated scum hunter. You have never jumped on a vote for no reason. All of your arguments have been your own and they have been well thought out.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 29, 2015, 08:23:35 am »

Votecount

H4zardZ1[1]: H4zardZ1

Keep in mind that the day ends if no votes have changed in 24 hours! I haven't applied this rule before in this day because there were no votes. A simple vote and unvote is enough to keep the game going until people decide to end the day.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 29, 2015, 08:55:47 am »

It's good practice in any mafia game to try and vote every day, regardless of their alignment.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 29, 2015, 09:13:46 am »

H4zardZ1:
Self
[If you're not going to play the game, then at least replace out so someone else can take your spot.  I can't teach you and everyone else anything if you're not willing to play.

So if you want to take your ball and go home, fine.  I'll help you ruin the game for everyone else by not voting.  I can't fully do my role as an IC if everyone isn't on board.

If you're upset that big, mean Shakerag was yelling at you and you're waiting for an apology, no.  Consider it a life lesson that not everyone you meet is lining up to give you tummy rubs.
Furthermore, mafia is (or at least can be) an intense game.  The whole point is to argue with each other to figure out who is lying.  It's not a laid back environment.  However, most everyone realizes that it -is- just a game, and doesn't take anything personally.
]

Everyone who isn't H4zardZ1:
[Don't vote for yourself.  There are almost no situations in which this is even remotely close to ideal play.  If there is a situation in which it would be ideal play, you'll know it when you're in it.]

NQT:
[Oh hey, the dead IC decides to show up.  I thought you were going to leave me high and dry here man.]

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #429 on: July 29, 2015, 05:54:40 pm »

Would you like to try your hand at scumhunting now?  I'd just like to remind you that this is MYLO, and activity is paramount.
Hey, what is MYLO? Also it seems your sardonic wit has thrown a spanner in the tracks - when you got scrubs who don't know what they're doing mixed with scum who are content with letting you do all the talking all activity is going to grind to a halt. Hahaha, big mean Shakerag - you're making nubs and scum bugger off, nubs haven't got any investment in a game they've just picked up, and if they can't handle the banter they're just going to go outside and scum are just going to let you talk yourself to yourself.
And just to clarify, you picked off from where 4maskwolf left off right?
Urist McCoder, who are the two you believe are most likely to be Scum?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 29, 2015, 06:13:08 pm »

Hey, what is MYLO?
I really shouldn't be the one to answer this but it's been asked twice already, so... Mislynch and Lose. LYLO is Lynch or Lose. The OP has a section explaining most terms.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:27:05 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 29, 2015, 10:06:47 pm »

No lynch, because it's the best course of action at MYLO.

Everyone:  You have two game days worth of posts to use as material.  There are two scum remaining.  Use what has been said to find them.  I'm your IC, but I'm not going to play with myself.  Scum wins the vast majority of the time when activity dies off toward the end of a game.  If you're town and don't want to lose, get your ass in here and figure out who is scum.

Loud Whispers:
Hahaha, big mean Shakerag - you're making nubs and scum bugger off, nubs haven't got any investment in a game they've just picked up, and if they can't handle the banter they're just going to go outside and scum are just going to let you talk yourself to yourself.
Yes, well, we like to separate the boys from the men in the beginner's games in this subforum. 

And just to clarify, you picked off from where 4maskwolf left off right?
Yup.  I am the role that 4maskwolf was.

Urist McCoder, who are the two you believe are most likely to be Scum?
And why are you voting Urist McCoder exactly?  The RVS stage was two days ago. 

[If it isn't early D1, you really, really, really need to include reasons as to why you are voting someone.  Your vote is an indicator of who you think is scum and needs to be lynched.  So if you don't explain -why- you are voting someone, you're doing nothing to convince the other players that your target is scum.  And, furthermore, voting without giving reasons sends the message to other players that you're lazy and potentially don't care who gets lynched, which comes across as scummy.]

[Teneb:  I get the feeling H4zardZ1 has decided to throw a tantrum, so please prod/warn/force replace at the appropriate intervals of time if he doesn't come back.
Also, Tawarochir is due for a proddin'.
]

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 29, 2015, 10:12:05 pm »

I'm here.
Tawochir, I think you are the least scummy, after graknorke you have been the most dedicated scum hunter. You have never jumped on a vote for no reason. All of your arguments have been your own and they have been well thought out.
Why me? Why not Loud "Text Wall J'accuse" Whispers?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Maybe here (5/9)
« Reply #433 on: July 29, 2015, 10:30:02 pm »

Votecount

H4zardZ1[1]: H4zardZ1
Urist McCoder[1]: Loud Whispers
No Lynch[1]: Shakerag

Day ends if 24 hours pass without a vote change, or when the players vote to end the day.

I'll prod H4zardZ1 when I next wake up.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Maybe here (5/9)
« Reply #434 on: July 30, 2015, 08:22:49 am »

Prodded both H4zardZ1 and Urist McCoder.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35